Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties Chat

Hi all,

My name is Heddy I am 20 years old and attend th University of Kansas. I was banded on 12-18-07 and have lost about 20 pounds. I love my band and everything. I had my first fill a week ago and I can definitly feel the restriction. I am wondering since you all are younger if you guys have tried drinking since you have had your band, I know it is a big no no but I have dabbled. I havent gotten sick from drinking ever so I am wondering really how bad it is if I dont drink it with high calorie mixers. my band feels really tight, I have a hard time with alot of stuff going down but I dont regret it for a second. I have had trouble also with stomach gas that I feel like I have to burp up to get rid of....any suggestions? I hope you all are doing well and let me know how much progress everyone has made or when you all are getting banded.

Heddy

Drinking is easy for me. Can't really handle the carbonation. I stick to a lot of wines. But I warn you that if you do drink, it will slow down your weight loss. I learned the hard way.:frown:

Hey everyone! My name is Drew, and I attend (senior year!) University of Texas San Antonio. I'm actually getting ready to attend medical school next year. That was actually a big part in me deciding to get this procedure. No one wants a fat doctor! I am going through the process of getting banded and I'm so glad I found this forum.

Hope to meet some awesome people here!

Hi Everyone! I'm Jessenia from NY. I am 25 and have a 1 year old daughter.

I'm currently going thru the process. Its a bit odd for me because my surgeon is the one with the hoops, and not my insurance. Nonetheless, it makes me all the more confident in my surgeon and his ability. So I'm working my way thru them all, trying to get them done in a month (I know, crazy right...?!!) so that I can get banded by July (crossing fingers for insurance approval!!).

I swear, I think the anticipation is going to give me a heart attack!!! lol.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Hello all....my name is Lauren. I am 26 yo and I live in the NYC area but am originally from Texas. Am not banded yet, but am jumping through insurance hoops currently. I am almost done with my 4th month of my 6 month supervision required by Cigna and hope to be banded sometime in September at NYU. I am a singer, and, sadly, no one wants a fat singer either! Looking forward to being a normal weight for the first time in my life very soon! Good to meet you all!

Hey everybody....my name is Keri. I'm 26 and live in Decatur, AL. I'm married and have an 18 month old little girl.

I've only been banded about a month, but its going well so far. I had an initial complication. (Had a blood clot in my right lung) which was very scary, but I am recovering really well and am already exercising 3x a week, which I feel is really helping.

I'm 22, 23 in August. I am on month 1 of my 6 month diet. Hoping to have surgery in Oct/Nov.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi Drew! Congrats on deciding on Surg...your process looks like it's moving right along, let me know if you ever wanna chat!

Guest BikiniBeachy

I'm 22, 23 in August. I am on month 1 of my 6 month diet. Hoping to have surgery in Oct/Nov.

Froggi - how tall are you? Are stats, age, weight are exactly the same! I am 5'5".5

I'm Laura, 21 and currently living in Portland, OR. Originally from Baltimore, MD. In a month or so, I'll be moving back east to a small town in WV to help my parents with their new business.

I'm not banded, but have been here doing research, and currently searching for doctors in VA and MD to consult with as soon as I get back east!! So if anyone has any recommendations... :smile2:

Edited by Dyzzi

Hi Everyone. Im Jacki 27 from Western MA. Id say what town but no ones heard of it Im sure. I havent been banded yet but Im hoping for a date in June.

Im so excited to see a thread on here for people around my age! All the people Ive met mid process so far are so much older than me, not that they arent all great people but its so nice talking to people your own age. :thumbdown:

Im not married but Im engaged. Wedding date: 5/9/09. No kids. But 4 cats.

Last weigh in was 4/20 and it was 267.7 BMI is like 54. Next weigh in on Tues. (Trying not to weigh myself in between)

I meet my surgeon on the 20th as well. Very Excited!

I've been around for a little bit, but just realized I havn't done my intro thing! :biggrin:

My names Marine, I'm 22 and I live in Washington State. I'm 5'5" 265lbs and I'm being banded on Tuesday (May 20th) at Northwest Weight Loss Surgry in Everett. I have my cosmetology degree and I work at a salon and spa as a stylist. Very fun stuff. :biggrin2: Its nice to be able to talk to people my own age about the band! I wish everyone well!