Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Uhhhh, no, you're not the only one. I had dinner tonight, then a sugar free pudding, then two Curves bars, then a rice cake . . . I am now stuffed to the gills and wondering why in the world I wanted to eat all that stuff. I wasn't hungry after the chili.

too fast eating a shrimp ceasar salad yesterday. put it aside and went back to it after about 15 minutes, and remembered CHEW, CHEW, Small Bites. THinnk I need to past a reminder in front of me when I eat. I know the discomfort is my fault for eating too fast and not thinking. Then had scrambld eggs for dinner and had no issues. This is an ongoing learning experience and loks like we all have our days of being reminde...but the TOOL is here to help us along...and well worth it

Last week I was at a convention and they had Chinese for lunch (does not do well for me). I had one bite of Broccoli and Beef I guess I didn't chew the beef well enough. I couldn't eat anything for the next 24 hours without it hurting. I ate something and pb. Up came a piece of the beef (over 24 hours later). Has anyone had this happen? Luckly the small pouch does not have the acid that the normal stomach has.

I feel I have a good restriction, I am having a difficult time losing the last 20 lbs. Patience is the word.

Good morning!

I go for my first fill on July 14th so am enjoying reading all your do I need a fill stories. I'm still losing good on the preop phase, do they automatically give you a fill the first time, or is there a chance they might not? I've lost 20 since sugery, 25 since pre op, and 35 overall. But I am starting to feel hunger once in a while.

Last night I went to my support group. It was good, we all brought in clothes as the dr & hospital are starting a clothing exchange and then they talked about foods. We were told not to eat lettuce/spinach because it balls up and gets stuck a lot. But I read about a lot of folks having salad. It won't break my heart to not be able to eat salad though. LOL

Lynn, just noticed you were in Delaware. I moved away from there a year ago. Only lived there a year and a half though. We lived in North Wilmington, just over the PA line, DH worked at the Philly airport. I worked in PA too. I've lived many places as DH has transferred a lot, but we hope we are home now, this is where we grew up, family is, and want to stay. But we've lived in CO, UT, NV, back to UT, northern CA, DE, and back to CO, plus DH lived in GA w/o me for a temp assignment for 8 most and we commuted a lot. With all the moves I think food became my constant friend.

Have a great day, am going to lunch with my son I think, unless his plans with some new gal friend worked out. LOL

Hi, me too! I'm set for banding on July 31st. A little nervous, but excited too. Can't wait to start on my path to a healthier lifestyle. Keep me posted on how things are going. Support is a great thing.

Thanks Snowbird - it's good to know I am not the only sorta long time bander who still is having food issues and head hunger.. I am pretty good 99% of the time in keeping in my calorie budget - so it really doesn't worry me too much - the thing is I gotta really start working on not eating when I am not hungry and just cuz it taste good.

Gerio - I have never had that problem - It comes up immediately if it's not going down :thumbup: - But I did hear of someone this weekend who's steak came back up like 6 hours later.. Who knows the band is a fickle thing and we each have diff experiences with it..

Long - I can eat pretty much anything I have never really had a problem - sometimes a flour tortillia won't go down and other times it does. Just like Phyl sometimes she can eat chicken and others times no - I have no problems with the stuff like shrimp, a good steak filet migon ..

Skinnyme52- Welcome - this is a great site - Congrats on your date - keep us posted

Hi All, I'm a newbie and over 50 and would love to chat with anyone. I am scheduled for my surgery July 31, 2008 in Parker, Colorado with Dr. Kirshenbaum and I am traveling there from Florida. I am starting to get nervous, but am also excited at the same time. Any support or info that anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:biggrin2:

I eat salad just every day and have not had any problem. I put olive oil and vinegar on it. I put my Protein on the salad as well too (usually black Beans or chicken). I was told to be careful with salad because it is mostly Water and will go through the band too fast. Everyone is different for sure.

This is a great place for support. Everyone has been on the road that you are starting. Sometimes I will just read the posts and it gives me encouragement.

Good Luck!!

Hi All, I'm a newbie and over 50 and would love to chat with anyone. I am scheduled for my surgery July 31, 2008 in Parker, Colorado with Dr. Kirshenbaum and I am traveling there from Florida. I am starting to get nervous, but am also excited at the same time. Any support or info that anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:biggrin2:

Welcome! You will love all the support on this thread. I am getting my band on July 16th. I started my liquid diet today. I have had "last supper syndrome" for the last few days. Lets see, I said goodbye to fried jumbo shrimp, chinese food, and a ribeye steak with baked potato Soup and salad. I started on Bariatric Advantage....not too bad. I have to stay on it until two weeks after surgery.:thumbup:

Welcome Skinny Me. This place is great, some very successful 50+ role models to follow and they are all so friendly and supportive. I'm relatively new myself, just banded less than a month ago, also in Denver, though not the same Dr. I live here. I hope you get to see some of our great state while here, before surgery of course.

Sorry to change the subject but I want to tell the world I am no longer obese - just overweight

Sorry to change the subject but I want to tell the world I am no longer obese - just overweight

Yahoo!!! I can't wait to say the same thing, it'll be awhile though. Just yesterday i announced I was no longer morbidly obese, just obese!!

Yay! Ingyrob, way to go! At this point, I will be thrilled to be just "obese"! So many of us long for your description, "merely overweight"! Great job!

Up came a piece of the beef (over 24 hours later). Has anyone had this happen?

I have had that happen that happen with pills. I take my pills early in the evening, and they don't feel stuck. All of a sudden in the middle of the night, up they come. I hate it. I am sound asleep and poof, up comes a pill. I make sure to take them with a lot of Water, and I think they went down, but sometimes I guess they don't.