Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Welcome booklady. Yep, the over 50's crowd is a great bunch!

Congratulations Charlene!

Janet, I am not computer literate at all. My son put firefox on here because he says it scans for viruses. He told me to use it so I do.

Most people use internet explorer. I have that too, but I do what I am told cause I don't want to screw up my lifeline.

I don't consider you the LB Police. You are just a caring person who wants everyone to succeed!

We can't take her title away, Denise!

food COP is her identity! We need her!

3_12_32.gif

I did WW at least 3 different times throughout my adult life. The last time I was determined to get that lifetime award. My goal weight was to be 140. The week before weigh in I was around 142. I starved the last few days, did the super dieters tea to "purge" Fluid buildup, etc. and then the day of weigh in came. I was at 140 but do you think the leader gave it to me? No! She bumped it up a hair and said too bad. Conincidently, she knew i was on my last prepaid ticket and would have to buy another program. That was it for me & WW. Its all about the money.

GRRRRR!!

That's the kind of thing that gives WW a bad name!!

Janet, I am not computer literate at all. My son put firefox on here because he says it scans for viruses. He told me to use it so I do. Most people use internet explorer. I have that too, but I do what I am told cause I don't want to screw up my lifeline.

I have both, but my default is Firefox. When I switched to Firefox, I had to reinstall the Smiley Central, but it works.

I DID IT !!!

100 LBS GONE IN 11 MONTHS 1 WEEK.

PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR A 53 YR OLD GRANDMA OF 3

IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF:lol:

WHO SAYS THAT US 50+ CAN'T HANG WITH THE YOUNGER ONES - WE STILL GOT IT.. WE COULD TEACH THEM A THING OR TWO:tt2:

Indiogirl, CONGRATS! YOU have inspired all of us! I am getting excited about jumping on the bandwagon with you . I have pre-op with Dr. Davis on monday and start my liquid diet. I have alot more to lose than you, but I am ready to start a new life. Come on JULY 16th.

Thanks Charlene

Here is a picture of what 100 pound loss looks like...

Thanks Charlene

Here is a picture of what 100 pound loss looks like...

Oh my! IndioGirl you look good! Those pictures are wonderful.

I too am so excited. I received a call from my surgeon's office today and my last consult is 07-10-08. He will set the surgery date, I'll go to preadmission and have final labs, then I'll start my two week diet. I know it won't be easy, but I am so ready for this. I have finally told all my family and close friends. They are so supportive. I worried for naught. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

We 50+ are the bomb!

CONGRATULATIONS, Indio. The pictures say a 1000 words, one sexy grandma in that pretty green frock...

I can only hope to look so good when I reach goal and beyond.

Wow!! Janet, you look amazing!! Doesn't even look like the same person in the before pic.

today is 3 weeks post op for me, which translates into, I can have solids today!! I still had scrambled egg beaters for Breakfast though.

I came out of the band secrecy closet yesterday with my inlaws. I went to lunch at Mimi's with my MIL, SIL, and aunt in law. I had also been with them for a family BBQ the night before. I guess they noticed what I ate the night before (just mushy Beans and some egg) and then at lunch I ordered Soup. My MIL noticed my butt getting smaller and asked if I was dieting, wanted to know what I was doing,then my aunt in law started telling me all the diets I should try, and then my SIL said they were noticing how I ate the night before so I told them. They were all very supportive. I was nervous to tell them because I figured my SIL especially who is very vocal and opinionated would have lots to say. MY MIL even said how proud she was of me and she wanted to make sure that my husband was supportive. LOL, always the mom. LOL So guess I'm glad I told them, but now I know they will really watch what I eat, but guess they were already. :Angel_anim:

Longto2bthin and Indigo/Janet;

Coming out of the closet is always a little scary. I have been surprised at some of my friend's reactions. One or two have been critical but mostly they have been supportive. And screw them if they aren't!

Indigo- you look great and congratulations on your 100 lbs! Way to go! Determination works!

My goal is 100 lbs at my one year bandivesary too. I just got tickets to Mexico for Feb 2009 and a week at a fabulous resort to Celebrate. Gonna do it!

Sadie

Dianne - I love your picture with palm trees and ocean in the background. HOWEVER, I love spending time at Bennett Springs, and I happen to know there are no palm trees or oceans anywhere near! Your home area is so beautiful and special. Travel is great, but it must be very nice for you to come home, too.

Janet - Your success has been amazing. The pictures speak for themselves. I'm impressed that your little dog thinks you look pretty fantastic, too. (or does he/she just like to have a picture taken, too?) You are absolutely beautiful and radiant - and it comes from good health and a happy person. You can be my food cop anytime - you obviously have this process down and your advice to me will always be welcome. I'm hoping for surgery early fall... The wheels are turning.

I wish all of the new bandsters on this site good luck on this adventure. It sounds like you are all doing great and I am excited for each of you!

Joann

Thank you Gang... I really appreciate the props - Words can not explain how good I feel - I don't know why I wasted so many years being fat, but again if I hadn't I wouldn't appreciate how I feel today in getting to goal.

Even in our 50+ we are still learning - You can teach an old dog new tricks:lol:

Bev - Yes we are the bomb :w00t:

Lynn- Yes you will feel and look fabolus when you get to goal and it is attainable

Long - I yes real food is a blessing have a great dinner tonite - All my freinds and family knew I was having surgery and lucky for them they supported me :w00t: - cuz this was about me not them and that's the benefit of being a grown-up - you don't need others approval - it's nice but not neccesary :Angel_anim:

Sadie - Yep the mind is a powerful tool when you use it:biggrin2:

JoannMarie - I give tough band love (operative word being Love) and I will gladly be your food cop... :smile2:

Thanks again gang - I just wanted to share my great news and let you are just newly banded or in the process to know that it can be done even for us 50+ women :w00t:

Congratulations Indio. You are amazing. You are a role model for all bandsters. I am really pleased for you and proud of you. Good Luck for the future.

I DID IT !!!

100 LBS GONE IN 11 MONTHS 1 WEEK.

PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR A 53 YR OLD GRANDMA OF 3

IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF:lol:

WHO SAYS THAT US 50+ CAN'T HANG WITH THE YOUNGER ONES - WE STILL GOT IT.. WE COULD TEACH THEM A THING OR TWO:tt2:

I KNEW you would do it!!!

CONGRATS!

I came out of the band secrecy closet yesterday with my inlaws. I went to lunch at Mimi's with my MIL, SIL, and aunt in law. I had also been with them for a family BBQ the night before. I guess they noticed what I ate the night before (just mushy Beans and some egg) and then at lunch I ordered Soup. My MIL noticed my butt getting smaller and asked if I was dieting, wanted to know what I was doing,then my aunt in law started telling me all the diets I should try, and then my SIL said they were noticing how I ate the night before so I told them. They were all very supportive. I was nervous to tell them because I figured my SIL especially who is very vocal and opinionated would have lots to say. MY MIL even said how proud she was of me and she wanted to make sure that my husband was supportive. LOL, always the mom. LOL So guess I'm glad I told them, but now I know they will really watch what I eat, but guess they were already. :Angel_anim:

That's okay! An extra level of accountability is okay!

Hopefully they won't make you feel like you're under a microscope!

Support and encouragement is what you need!

My goal is 100 lbs at my one year bandivesary too. I just got tickets to Mexico for Feb 2009 and a week at a fabulous resort to Celebrate. Gonna do it! Sadie

You'll do it, Sadie!! You're on your way!

Congratulations Indio. You are amazing. You are a role model for all bandsters. I am really pleased for you and proud of you. Good Luck for the future.

Thanks ingyrob - but don't think just cuz I lost the weight that I am not sticking around you guys can't get rid of me that easliy :Angel_anim::lol:

I am a lifetime member of LBT - it's my surport system and family..

Thanks for the props - it is greatly appreciated

Phyl - Thanks for knowing I could do it - even though in the beginning I never beleived it was possible... You're the next one who will hit this mark... and I KNOW you will too - cuz you are a fisty women like me..