Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Preach it, Sister!!!

5_2_109.gif

Ya you know me

:(

3_12_23v.gif

The Lap Band Cop

3_12_22.gif

Lap Band Shrink

3_9_4v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I see the lapband police are on tonight. Well today is day six. Doing good so far. Have been eating that lucious cream of brocolli chees Soup and wonderful Tomato Soup. Man I never knew that stuff could taste so good b ut it does. This feeling is wierd. I feel hungry but I get full. My weight stayed the same today as yesterday. First time. One week before surgery I weighed 248. Morning of surgery, 239. This morning, 232.6. Tonight I have a little indigestion (think it is due to brocolli gassing me up) ya know. I have had pudding, yogurt and Unjury. Well thats it for now. Yesterday and today is the first time I've felt a little tired. I hope I keep loosing. Can't start exercising yet (too soon). Anyway I hope everyone is doing good with the band or the band to be. I dont go to the doc until 7-3 and will be interested in what he has to say. Check in tomorrow with you all.

thanks for everything.

Beckyo:tt2:

I see the lapband police are on tonight. Well today is day six. Doing good so far. Have been eating that lucious cream of brocolli chees Soup and wonderful Tomato Soup. Man I never knew that stuff could taste so good b ut it does. This feeling is wierd. I feel hungry but I get full. My weight stayed the same today as yesterday. First time. One week before surgery I weighed 248. Morning of surgery, 239. This morning, 232.6. Tonight I have a little indigestion (think it is due to brocolli gassing me up) ya know. I have had pudding, yogurt and Unjury. Well thats it for now. Yesterday and today is the first time I've felt a little tired. I hope I keep loosing. Can't start exercising yet (too soon). Anyway I hope everyone is doing good with the band or the band to be. I dont go to the doc until 7-3 and will be interested in what he has to say. Check in tomorrow with you all. thanks for everything. Beckyo:tt2:

BeckyO

Yep the cops are patroling tonite

Just keeping it real :( That's all :unsure:

1st rule - you get to get on the scale every day for the 1st week then after that (which is tomorrow for you) Wed is your weigh in day and that's how you will track your weight loss - if you do get on it during the week (and you will I still do) but the only day that count's is your weigh in day (for me it's Thursday - I weighted myself the day I came home from surgery and each week i log the weight I am on thurs mornings.. On friday morning i could be up 2 lbs but it doesn't count - only your weigh in day counts - I can get on the scale 3 times a day and each time it will be diff and if you keep doing that it's going to drive you crazy... My suggestion is starting tomorrow weigh only once a week.

6.4 lbs gone is great - have you taken your measurement before surgery if not do it now and then in 3 months take them again -

You are doing good on your food and yes it's too early to exercise - you gotta get clearance from your doctor..

Your band is working - you are full on a small amount - enjoy it you are still healing

Keep up the good work :)

Very cute Smileys, Janet. I used to have smiley central but I can't get them to work anymore. I use firefox and I wonder if it's not compatible with that browser.

I don't consider you the LB Police. You are just a caring person who wants everyone to succeed!

Today is my weigh in day. I refuse to let myself get on the scale except once a week, unless I am at the DR. loooking forward to being below 200#, maybe today I will be there.

I do know that the band is only a tool and that I am the one responsible for using it to it's full potential. I have been on Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers..and lost weight but never kept it off for more than a year. I know now that I have the tool to use I am going to succeed. I know there are timnes I will most likely "slip", but am determined to make the losses a permanent part of my life. Like the rest of us, we have worked too hard to get to this point and to not use the tools we have chosen is our own decision. My decision is to use it to it's fullest and be consiencious and totally aware that I am the one doing the work and anything that I eat is my choice..and if I don't get out and exercise no one to blame but myself.

I am so happy to have the support of this group and all the responses to everyone's posts. the information is invaluable to success

Very cute Smileys, Janet. I used to have smiley central but I can't get them to work anymore. I use firefox and I wonder if it's not compatible with that browser.

I don't consider you the LB Police. You are just a caring person who wants everyone to succeed!

Denise you are more computer literate than me - I don't know what browsers I have - aol ??? Its sorta of a joke on our lucky#7 thread that me & salsa are the food cops - just like my tough band love approach (love being the operative word) I just feel so great that I want everyone one else to feel as good as I do.. and I am no diff than anyone else here and I want everyone to be successful..

Thanks for the kind words though - It's greatly appreciated...

Today is my weigh in day. I refuse to let myself get on the scale except once a week, unless I am at the DR. loooking forward to being below 200#, maybe today I will be there.

I do know that the band is only a tool and that I am the one responsible for using it to it's full potential. I have been on Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers..and lost weight but never kept it off for more than a year. I know now that I have the tool to use I am going to succeed. I know there are timnes I will most likely "slip", but am determined to make the losses a permanent part of my life. Like the rest of us, we have worked too hard to get to this point and to not use the tools we have chosen is our own decision. My decision is to use it to it's fullest and be consiencious and totally aware that I am the one doing the work and anything that I eat is my choice..and if I don't get out and exercise no one to blame but myself.

I am so happy to have the support of this group and all the responses to everyone's posts. the information is invaluable to success

Lynn- You are no diff than me - it's wasn't so much getting it off (well a little bit cuz I have never made it to goal before) it's more about keeping it off for the rest of my life - I was talking to my trainer about this monday - he said quit worrying about 5 yrs from now - if you just practice this every day - each of those days will add up to 5 yrs and you are going to be ok. I am still today afraid that I will lose the motivation that I have lost so many times - but in my own defense - I do know that this is now a lifetime lifestyle change - so I am just like the little train that could - i just keep plugging away :biggrin2:

Good Lucky on reaching Onelander - it a great place to be - for so many of us it has been yrs since we were in the 100's...

Keep up the good work:thumbup:

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op and I GET SOLIDS!!! I am so excited. DH has offered to take me for crablegs (one of my favorites) at Red Lobster. I figure that isn't too hard and a softer solid so might be a good choice. Just wondering what others had as their 'first meal' on solids. When I first got on mushies eggs and refried Beans tasted so good, but after 2 1/2 weeks I'm a little tired of them!

I did WW at least 3 different times throughout my adult life. The last time I was determined to get that lifetime award. My goal weight was to be 140. The week before weigh in I was around 142. I starved the last few days, did the super dieters tea to "purge" Fluid buildup, etc. and then the day of weigh in came. I was at 140 but do you think the leader gave it to me? No! She bumped it up a hair and said too bad. Conincidently, she knew i was on my last prepaid ticket and would have to buy another program. That was it for me & WW. Its all about the money.

ONE-derland :lol:

I weighed in at 199.5# this morning. I know it is just a small step under 200#, but it has been so long since my weight has been 1--

:biggrin2: :tt2: :thumbup: :laugh: :) :thumbup:

Hi everyone I haven't been sigined in a week. I really missed all of you. I am trying to get into the dr tomarrow hopefully I will. I really need a band adjustment. I have had only 1 and that was on April 29th. Was schedule for June 2nd but I was not feeling good so the Dr. said he would not do an adjustment. I am feeling great now. So keep your fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op and I GET SOLIDS!!! I am so excited. DH has offered to take me for crablegs (one of my favorites) at Red Lobster. I figure that isn't too hard and a softer solid so might be a good choice. Just wondering what others had as their 'first meal' on solids. When I first got on mushies eggs and refried Beans tasted so good, but after 2 1/2 weeks I'm a little tired of them!

Long - I will have to ck my food diary - I don't remember but it was most likely fish - fish is what I still eat 95% of the time for dinner

I did WW at least 3 different times throughout my adult life. The last time I was determined to get that lifetime award. My goal weight was to be 140. The week before weigh in I was around 142. I starved the last few days, did the super dieters tea to "purge" Fluid buildup, etc. and then the day of weigh in came. I was at 140 but do you think the leader gave it to me? No! She bumped it up a hair and said too bad. Conincidently, she knew i was on my last prepaid ticket and would have to buy another program. That was it for me & WW. Its all about the money.

What a BOTCH - I would have reported her.....

ONE-derland :party:

I weighed in at 199.5# this morning. I know it is just a small step under 200#, but it has been so long since my weight has been 1--

:biggrin2: :tt2: :thumbup: :lol::) :thumbup:

Lynn

:thumbup:CONGRATULATION :laugh:- WELCOME TO THE LAND OF ONELANDERS - :thumbup:THAT IS SUCH A GREAT ACHEIVEMENT:thumbup:

ONE-derland :party:

:biggrin2: :tt2: :thumbup: :lol::) :thumbup:

CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome! :laugh: 000201F6.gif

sig.asp?img=ad1

I am so thrilled to find this website. July 8, 2008 is the day I start my new life. All of the support from this group will help me through to reach my goal. Looking forward to chatting with many of you!

ONE-derland :lol:

:biggrin2: :tt2: :thumbup: :laugh: :) :thumbup:

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!! Just before my consult with my surgeon I hit 'Two-terville' and that felt awesome. I can't wait for onderland. Right now I am shooting for 250 so I can be closer to the 100s than the 300's. :party: