Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Got my fill today, .5 cc. He put in 1 cc, but then took .5 back out. Anyone heard of the Rotation Diet. He says it will kickstart your weightloss. Didn't I get this band so I wouldn't have to be on a diet for the rest of my life? He says this diet is ultimate surrender and guarantees a one pound loss per day, if you stay on it for the 21 days. You can only do it once every four months. He says it shouldn't be as hard as usual since I have the band. I haven't decided yet, and he says it is up to me. On liquids all day today so I can't tell if the fill is helping yet. Actually, if it doesn't help, I may throw in the towel. This has been a lot longer and harder than I was led to believe. Not at anytime has the band prevented me from eating anything but bread. I stop myself from eating. When am I going to get the help I signed up for when I had the surgery? I am eight months post-op and still on my own. I am praying this puts me at my sweet spot. I am not ready to try 2 sardines and some beets for my meal. Sorry for unloading....sometimes it just gets to be too much. I prayed that the doctor would help me today and I got the Rotation diet.

LOL. Haven't we rotated enough diets in our lives? All I can say is, get your support and info from LBT and use your Dr. to get your fills and ignore the rest. Don't give up. If this fill doesn't cut it, schedule the next one immediately. Maybe that's the lesson from this incident. Dr.s aren't God. Learn to tell the Dr. what you need and expect that he'll do it and flush the rest down the toilet where stuff that stinks belongs. The more confident you are with him, the better your relationship will be.

I am having the circumference procedure done. TT, back, butt: all lifted and skin cut off, and some Lipo. all in one.. Figure if I am paying the bill I might as well do all at once. I am taking 3 1/2 weeks off of work. At least that is what I have scheduled. It will pretty much depend on how well I heal..

Went to my Dr. today, she said no fill, especially since I am planning the surgery.. I agreed. So will go back to her in 2 months..

Lynnt may I ask what will your surgery cost? I will be banded on 7/24 and was telling dh that I would love to have a tt after the weight is gone. I guess some sort of incentive for me.

I am having the circumference procedure done. TT, back, butt: all lifted and skin cut off, and some Lipo. all in one.. Figure if I am paying the bill I might as well do all at once. I am taking 3 1/2 weeks off of work. At least that is what I have scheduled. It will pretty much depend on how well I heal..

Went to my Dr. today, she said no fill, especially since I am planning the surgery.. I agreed. So will go back to her in 2 months..

Wow.........I have seen that done on Big Medicine. I agree, if you are gonna do it.....then get it done. I hope you can share some pics with us.

I called my doctor and he told me just to take a sip of club soda to try to "burp it out." Yesterday I was on yogurt, mostly. enjoyed the new Greek yogurt Oikos that is flavored with honey. It was good. Tried some tuna salad at lunch, but I guess I needed to chew that better, too. Started to feel that clenching senssation, so I stopped after two small spoonsful. Am learning to chew better. That stuck feeling is really, really terrible. I was frightened.

I will try raising my arms and walking around (hey, now there's a good look!) I want ths to work. I guess these are the lessons. Thanks for helping!

Well, lttle sip probably okay. I DO miss my carbonated drinks.< /span>

I don't know what it is about tuna, but I have to be very careful with that, too, and it's one of my FAVORITE things. I love all kinds of seafood.

Thanks peeps! Well, DH slept all night without snoring. I had to keep touching him because you know at our age,well, you know. We got up at 6am and walked. He is just walking a little to get the gas out. He only took one dose of Tylenol last night. I am just amazed at his recovery. I am ready to start a new year . I am excited to have a live in buddy on this journey. Of course I need my lap band buddies so I can vent and share. Again, Thanks for helping me through my first year of banding.:cursing:

Glad to hear things are going so well.

Congrats on your one year!

Our support and encouragement to one another is a VERY important part of this journey!

:confused:Oh heck 3.5 wks???What do you do? Work from home at a job where you can sit in a recliner and get up frequently and continue to use pain meds. I just had face lift and brachioplasty which is nothing close to what you are having and no way would I consider going back to work at this time. I am 3 and 1/2 weeks out to be exact. I still have some scabing on my arms and have not been able to start the silicone for the scars yet. I have a lot of weakness and quiet a bit of depression which could be from the anesthesia. I am not taking pain meds for the last week and 1/2 but strongly suspect if I had all the surgery done you are I would need to. You may have your drains 3.5 weeks. What did your doctor tell you to expect recovery time wise? I sure hope that it works out that way for you and will watch for your progress, but be warned it sure wasn't that quick for me. Good luck to you and I am truely excited for you, I bet you will love the results.

Corliss

:confused:Oh heck 3.5 wks???What do you do? Work from home at a job where you can sit in a recliner and get up frequently and continue to use pain meds. I just had face lift and brachioplasty which is nothing close to what you are having and no way would I consider going back to work at this time. I am 3 and 1/2 weeks out to be exact. I still have some scabing on my arms and have not been able to start the silicone for the scars yet. I have a lot of weakness and quiet a bit of depression which could be from the anesthesia. I am not taking pain meds for the last week and 1/2 but strongly suspect if I had all the surgery done you are I would need to. You may have your drains 3.5 weeks. What did your doctor tell you to expect recovery time wise? I sure hope that it works out that way for you and will watch for your progress, but be warned it sure wasn't that quick for me. Good luck to you and I am truely excited for you, I bet you will love the results.

Corliss

I was told the drains would be in about 2 weeks, of course it all depends on my body and how it heals. I do have a desk job so if i just go back to work part time that is ok by me. I am not going to rush it. We are down 75% of our work staff, lay-offs, so they are anxious for me to get back soon!!!

The total cost of the circumference body lift/tuck, with hospital saty over night, anesthesia, plus 1 year follow up is just under $11,000. It is a bite to take, but am so tired of the rolls-front and back. I discussed getting my thighs done too, but a scar down the inside of my thigh was not appealing and it was an additional $4,000. I am in the hospital over night. My daughter is a nurse and other friends have already dealt with the drains, so I am well cared for in that respect.

My tummy before pictures are horrendous, looking forward to some major inprovement..but not expecting a totally tight result, with age and loss of skin elasticisty I was told it will not be teenager tight..:cursing:. but that is ok with me!!

I was told the drains would be in about 2 weeks, of course it all depends on my body and how it heals. I do have a desk job so if i just go back to work part time that is ok by me. I am not going to rush it. We are down 75% of our work staff, lay-offs, so they are anxious for me to get back soon!!!

The total cost of the circumference body lift/tuck, with hospital saty over night, anesthesia, plus 1 year follow up is just under $11,000. It is a bite to take, but am so tired of the rolls-front and back. I discussed getting my thighs done too, but a scar down the inside of my thigh was not appealing and it was an additional $4,000. I am in the hospital over night. My daughter is a nurse and other friends have already dealt with the drains, so I am well cared for in that respect.

My tummy before pictures are horrendous, looking forward to some major inprovement..but not expecting a totally tight result, with age and loss of skin elasticisty I was told it will not be teenager tight..:smile:. but that is ok with me!!

Wow! That's kind of exciting! I don't think that price is all that bad. I'm not at goal yet, but I talked to several offices just about my thighs and they were telling me it would cost about $10,000 just for that. Are you having it done in DE? I talked to one doctor in Mexico but we didn't ever get to the discussion of money. My DH would not let me go down there even for a consultation.

Today is my 2 year "bandiversary"!

I had hoped to be at goal by today,

or at least under 200 lb.,

but I'm still making progress, though slow right now.

Exercise is limited with knee problems,

but I'm having left knee replacement 5 weeks from tomorrow! Then things will improve!

Flying to NY tomorrow and joining some of my "Lucky #7's" to Celebrate our 2 year anniversary in Canada... Elvis festival, etc.

It will be fun~!

my daughter had lower body lift, breast lift, yahoo lift (use your imagination) and fat injection into her butt, total cost was 27k and thas was with a discount for the surgeon's fees of 10 percent for cash. But that was everything, three days in the hospital, lymphatic massage in surgeon's office and all of her follow-ups which aren't many because she lives in NYC and surgeon was in Houston. But he is going to have to do some tweaking on one of her breast incisions. But she's not regretted one single dollar spent. So good luck to all.

Trisha

Here's wishing all you Lucy 7's a great time in Canada!!!

ee

Here's wishing all you Lucy 7's a great time in Canada!!!

ee

Thanks EE - I am getting excited - 2 more days - We are all meeting on Thursday (well I don't get in til 5:30 p.m) and leaving on Monday !! So we will have 3 solid days together..

Here's some pic's of me & my grandkids (they are the reason I got banded - I want to be around to see them grow up)

GS 18 - GD #1 14.5 - GD#2 5

Indiogirl your gkids are gorgeous. I will be banded this coming Friday 24th. I also want to get healthy for my six gkids. Want to be an active part of their lives. You look wonderful.

Thanks EE - I am getting excited - 2 more days - We are all meeting on Thursday (well I don't get in til 5:30 p.m) and leaving on Monday !! So we will have 3 solid days together..

Here's some pic's of me & my grandkids (they are the reason I got banded - I want to be around to see them grow up)

GS 18 - GD #1 14.5 - GD#2 5

What gorgeous grands, and Grandma ain't bad either, lol!

Corliss

Wow! That's kind of exciting! I don't think that price is all that bad. I'm not at goal yet, but I talked to several offices just about my thighs and they were telling me it would cost about $10,000 just for that. Are you having it done in DE? I talked to one doctor in Mexico but we didn't ever get to the discussion of money. My DH would not let me go down there even for a consultation.

Today is my 2 year "bandiversary"!

I had hoped to be at goal by today,

or at least under 200 lb.,

but I'm still making progress, though slow right now.

Exercise is limited with knee problems,

but I'm having left knee replacement 5 weeks from tomorrow! Then things will improve!

Flying to NY tomorrow and joining some of my "Lucky #7's" to Celebrate our 2 year anniversary in Canada... Elvis festival, etc.

It will be fun~!

Hi, I just got back from Mexico having my lap band replaced and my brachioplasty and face lift. This was my 3rd medical trip to Mx. I go to Monterrey. The care that you receive there is phenomenal. Maybe you could arrange for hubby to fly down with you for a consult. It is pretty amazing and he would be much more comfortable if he saw the facilities and met the doctor and staff. They are first rate.

Corliss

PS I have posted my plastic surgery pictures.

Surgery is here in DE. I called the surgeons office yesterday hopinf to add my thighs to the procedures that day. Had second thoughts about not getting them done. Unfortunately no time on his schedule that day to add on and I do not want to wait another month to reschedule. I see him for pre-op on Thursday and will ask him once again/ maybe he will be a kind sole and find a way to add it on! but do not want him to rush to get it all done if time is not there. it would be an additional $4,000 for the thighs

Lucky 7's enjoy Cnada..