Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I had my second fill last week and was doing good. I swallowed a Vitamin yesterday that was a capsule. I don't know if it got stuck or what, but I threw up after taking it and spent the night last night awake throwing up. Whenever I laid down I would get nauseous. I couldn't eat anything. My chest was very sore, along with my stomach. This morning I am better (enough to be able to eat a couple bites of sliced cheese. I am still pretty sore and don't want to push drinking or eating more. Has anyone felt like this? I don't want to have to go back to my doctor right now as it is so expensive. He is 6 hours away.

Good morning. I survived my first day of solids!! No problems. DH took me to Red Lobster for crablegs. We almost didn't go because I went into the chat room yesterday afternoon and someone said that wasn't a good choice, 'how brave I was', because they were rubbery. Yet at my support group I go to they had said how great a choice it was so I went. I did great. DH ordered his dinner and then got the add on of 1/2 lb crab legs and that's what I had. It was a perfect portion, I read online that 8 oz of snow crab yields about 4 oz of meat. I was satisfied, but not stuffed and enjoyed the evening out.

I was also rewarded on the scale this morning with a pound loss! Finally the first loss in 2 weeks. I don't know if my body thinks it's starving and holding on as long as it can or what, because on mushies I was only averaging about 500 calories a day. But then again if this is really true, how does anyone ever starve to death, the body has to give it up eventuallly I would think. I've started walking and today I am going to go back to the clubhouse/gym in my neighborhood and ride the stationary bike. Still can't lift weights or go in a pool until I'm 6 weeks post op.

Editing to add: just updated my ticker, I am .1 away from being out of the morbidly obese category and just obese!!!

Long2bThin??? Better start thinking of a new name for yourself! It won't be long and you'll have to be "Great2bThin"... You are making it happen.

Good luck on this journey.

Joann

not sure if I will ask for my fill on 7/10. I am still having issues with a few types of foods. Today for lunch, I had cod , baked potatoe and cauliflower. the cod did not want to go down , but the other 2 items were fine. MAybe I am one of the lucky ones that can go on with only one fill. It is nice to know that there is alwaysroom to tighten up in the future. :)

Also, I went to my PCP on tuesday, she thinks I may have a hernia. nothing like the one that was repaired during my LB surgery. This is about waist high on my right side. Have to go for a CAT scan next week to find out :lol:

Long2bThin??? Better start thinking of a new name for yourself! It won't be long and you'll have to be "Great2bThin"... You are making it happen.

Good luck on this journey.

Joann

Ah, thanks Joann, that was sweet. I wonder if you can change your name? or if you have to resign up?

Well I am no expert yet but yes, I think your fill is too tight from the sounds of it. I would go back and see him. Indio, you look great. You are a real inspiriation to this thread and to this site for that matter. congratulations on all of your hard work. Now to keep it off is the hard part but you will do good. Hey Phyl, I finally found a WII today at Walmart. There were five over there tonight. Can you believe it. IT was supposed to be for my grandson but I don't know now. :) Phyl I can't believe you would still loose five a month with no fill. I am nine days out now and still on full liquids. My weight has slowed down a little now. Saturday I get mushies for three weeks so we will see. I think my body thinks it is in starvation mode. Does that make sense. Once I get a fill I hope to start having a regular weight loss. IF I lost 2 a week I would be thrilled but don't know yet. I walked 1.2 miles today for the first time and my shins hurt tonight. I also got in the pool today. It is a little soon but I feel good so far. Well talk to you girls tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else with their bands or pre band this week. Beckyo :lol:

Wow, Becky, I can't believe you were able to go to a pool already. I was banded before you and I can't even get in my bathtub yet. Or even let the shower Water hit directly on my abdomen until the scabs and glue are gone. It's strange how dr.'s are all so different about things. It gets confusing when you read what others are able to do vs what your dr's instructions are. But so far I've followed my dr's instructions to the letter, but a pool sounds so refreshing on this 90+ degree day!

Ah, thanks Joann, that was sweet. I wonder if you can change your name? or if you have to resign up?

Yep! First hit "Edit Profile" over on the right. Then on the next screen, all the way at the bottom of the lefthand column you'll see "request name change".

Yep! First hit "Edit Profile" over on the right. Then on the next screen, all the way at the bottom of the lefthand column you'll see "request name change".

Oh great, thanks, I will keep this in mind after I lose some more.

Yes my doctor did say I could lay in the pool but not swim. Isn't tht crazy. I was not comfortable with getting my incisions wet so probably won't do that too often for the next four weeks. Tomorrow I start on mushies. I don't know what I'll have yet but can't wait. I will write more later.

Beckyo:redface:

:confused2:Hi, I'm new, haven't had my surgery yet, have been reading your forum, I'm a little scared, I'm 66, and my daughter talk me into doing it with her, your input has helped me a lot, thanks. Pliney66

Janet just called to say she's arrived in Vegas after a bit of a turbulent flight. She's getting Dramamine for the trip home Sunday! She's checked in to her hotel.... fabulous room, she says, and excited about starting her weekend with the LapBand folks, and strutting her stuff in that slinky, sexy dress tomorrow night!

12_3_125.gif

Phyl - thanks for the update on Indio. I forgot her trip to Vegas was for labband. I remember her talking about it and was really excited to be going. :(

If the weather there was anything like here, i can understand the turbulence. the stormes on the east coast have been heavy late afternoon today. but I think we are over the worse and now in for a terribly HOT weekend. :)

Heading to the pool in the morning... and for those of you battling the heat and DR says not to go swimming. once my strei-strips were off I was given the go ahead to get in the Water or bath. But as with everything else everyone's DR has their own preference and timeline

Hey Phyl, Glad to here Janet made it okay. Thanks for the update. Well I went to TGIF tonight and ordered a brocolli cheese Soup and I only ate half. That was great. Hope everyone is doing okay. I quit getting on the scale so I don't know if I lost today or not. Trying to weigh only once a week but it is hard. I don't go for my post op until July 3 so we will see.

Beckyo

Hi Everyone, Well I made a second trip to Boise in two days. My band was too tight so they had to take some saline out. I feel alot better since then. I can drink Water before I could not ever drink that without throwing up. I was with my second fill. Haven't had any liquids besides coffee and water.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. I am watching all of you with new bands because my banding is July 16th. I hate to throw up!!!!!!!!!