Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

The internet.... a BIG advantage to these times in which we live.

Applebee's, as well as most of the other big "chain" restaurants, post their menu online. If I know I"m going somewhere like that to eat, I go online and check out the menu beforehand. You can see the nutritional info, calories, etc. and plan what you're going to order ahead of time. Last month we were going to Red Robin with a large group of people. So that's what we did. They have a TERRIBLE menu.... everything is high fat, high calorie. But we were able to find a grilled chicken breast meal that fit the bill and that's what I ordered. If you're prepared ahead of time, you won't be so likely to fall to temptation when you're sitting there staring at that menu.

7_4_12.gif

That is exactly what I did. Applebees didn't give much nutritional info other than on their WW Entrees but I was able to see the Soups and go from there. I got french onion and didn't eat the crouton part and only half the cheese. My friend was none the wiser, just thought I wasn't that hungry. She wasn't a person I wanted to tell as she is Miss WW to the core and would've given me a bad time about surgery. She did comment on my weight loss though! That felt great, the first to notice I've lost!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I stopped eating after dinner. Sometimes I have a sugar free popsicle. I find now I don't miss it anymore. The head hunger seems to go away if I don't feed it.

I was down 2 lbs this am which surprised me cause I haven't lost anything in a long time, other than losing what I gained on vacation.

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie and just found this great thread. I'm 56 and still researching the band but no matter what negative things I read, I still feel lead to do this. I've been reading that a lot of people are not loosing weight or weight loss is very slow. That scares me with all that you have to go through before, during and after surgery. What I don't get is that people who are over 200lbs. (like myself) are that weight because we overeat. When I get banded, I'm assuming my food intake will change DRASTICALLY so how could weight loss be slow? I'm concerned about this because I really believe the old saying "you are what you eat". I got the way I am because I eat the wrong things PLUS I eat too much AND at the wrong times. The band will really limit the amount of food I eat no matter what I eat or when so why won't the weight loss be, not easy, but easier? I need help in working all these things out in my mind before I make a decision and my insurance company has a lot to do with my decision too. I will be devastated if they won't cover it. You all are experienced and so helpful. I welcome all your comments. Thanks in advance for your advice, encouragement, and support. :confused_smile:

Edited by gottaluvme

Hi to all tonight. I am one day out now and I have alot of heartburn tonight. So far today I have had a little unjury drink, broth, Jello, and ice chips, about 1/2 cup of each throughout the day. Thats about all I can do. I am not very comfortable at all. I have been doing laps around my house about four times today to try and get this gas out but so far nothing. I can't imagine how I will be able to eat again very easily after being on liquids for 10 days. I know one thing, I got to get rid of this heartburn or else. I know you have all experienced this but I am kind of down tonight. i just wanted to vent a little. Thanks all.

Beckyo:angry:

Hi Everyone, it's been awhile since I posted so thought I better get on and let you know that I'm still doing fine with my weight loss. I see a lot of newcomers since I posted last, welcome to all you newbies, funny I still feel like a newbie since I've only had my band since March (hehehe). This is a great place to come for support and even though I don't post everyday, I do get out here just about daily to read up on everyone's journey's.

I had my 3rd fill last Monday and seem to have pretty good restriction right now, I hope it lasts, if not, I go back in 4 weeks and I'll have another fill then.

I made it through my Nashville trip with only putting on 3 lbs which quickly came back off, Water weight I think and I've lost 7 lbs since then. The doctor was impressed with my 7 lb weight loss this month. This puts me at a total loss of 51 lbs, 20 of which was lost before the band, but that's ok, it's a total of 51 lbs and I know it's gone forever because of my band (SMILE). I'm going on vacation again in another week and I'll be gone for 2 weeks and hope to keep my weightloss stable again while I'm gone but I'm working very hard this week and next with both my eating plan and exercise so that I can show another weight loss when I go back to the doctor's again the day after we come back from vacation (ugh!!). I know I'll do fine since I made it thru Nashville with just Water weight gain and I know what I have to do.

Hi all,

I have problems sleeping at night which I attribute to menopause and Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). I take Mirapax for the legs and have been taking Ambien 10 mg to help me fall asleep (not the CR). I have been having leg pain (Diabetes) and so I am up and down all night. The Ambien seems to lower the inhibitions so I find myself eating at night with proof of it because I see wrappers, leftovers, empty bowls. I have no memory of it until I see this proof and see a replay in my mind. Luckily I haven't taken a midnight drive or anything like that, just eating. I am sure I gravitate to my comfort item (food) rather than other things. I know Mirapax lowers inhibitions also. I have tried other prescriptions by the dr. but these two work the best for my problems. I have tried not taking the Ambien numerous times but was up all night and felt horrible the next day. I am worried about when I am banded. Has anyone found a sleep aide without these side effects? Does Tylenol PM work? :confused2:

Hi Beverly,

Sure sounds like what you are experiencing is from the Ambien. That's a tough one. Tylenol PM is just Tylenol with some benadryl (antihistamine) added. You might try it, but I doubt it will make you sleep as well as the Ambien....and you should check w/ your doctor or pharmacist if it's recommended with your other meds.

Good luck!

Hope everyone is enjoying this first day of summer. Just a quick question to Phyllser....are you enjoying your Wii Fit ?? Here in NY it's impossible to find them, did you say you got yours online?

Original poster Bochs

Hi to all tonight. I am one day out now and I have alot of heartburn tonight. So far today I have had a little Unjury drink, broth, Jello, and ice chips, about 1/2 cup of each throughout the day. Thats about all I can do. I am not very comfortable at all. I have been doing laps around my house about four times today to try and get this gas out but so far nothing. I can't imagine how I will be able to eat again very easily after being on liquids for 10 days. I know one thing, I got to get rid of this heartburn or else. I know you have all experienced this but I am kind of down tonight. i just wanted to vent a little. Thanks all.

Do you have such things as Peppermint tea of peppermint cordial. This is supposed to help with very bad gas and the pain you get in your shoulder

Beckyo,

I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable but you seem to be doing everything right. I would call the doctor to see what you can take for the heartburn. I didn't experience heartburn but almost everyone suffers with the gas in the first week or so. It will get better and you will be encouraging other new bandsters before too long.

Hang in there.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/243/150

Hope everyone is enjoying this first day of summer. Just a quick question to Phyllser....are you enjoying your Wii Fit ?? Here in NY it's impossible to find them, did you say you got yours online?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I love my Wii Fit!! My kids got it for me for Mothers day. Now that I am 2 weeks post op am looking forward to doing more on it.

BeckyO, sorry you are so uncomfortable. I didnt' have any of the gas nor the heartburn so am not much help, but I did hear that the GasX really doesn't help that type of gas, though I'm not speaking from personal experience.

Well today is day two with my new band. The gas is getting much better. I took a walk in my garden and got a shower so I am feeling better. Sure can't eat much yet. Today I had a half cup of broth. some ice. Water, popsicles and tropican sugar fee orange aid. Keep trying to drink but I am full. I hope everyone else is doing okay today. Will post more later

Beckyo:thumbup:

PS I dont have any of those teas but I might get some soon. thanks

Hi,

I LOVE my Wii Fit & use it just about every day. My sister is in Buffalo. I don't think she's found a Wii Fit yet but she did finally find a Wii. You have to be relentless!! The Wii Fit is very hard to find here and you just have to get lucky. I was in Target early one Saturday morning and there were four on the shelf so I got one for my daughter. That is the last time I saw a Wii or Wii Fit at that Target and I am there almost every day. The electronics guy gave me the phone number so I could call every morning because I have another friend who wants one now. He said they get a shipment every night but never know what will be in it so call every morning! I got mine at Wal-Mart.com.. pre-ordered it online.