Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fellow Twenty's!!!

I think these age specific forums are a cool idea - hopefully they will take off with people posting :)

Hi everyone, true true this is a nice idea! Thought I would ask a question to begin discussion.

What was everyone's biggest motivation to going through with the Band? ( other than health!)

Mine was simply wanting and needing to be different once I graduated from University.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to speak up and add another tick to the 20 pole! :eek:

Hi everyone, true true this is a nice idea! Thought I would ask a question to begin discussion.

What was everyone's biggest motivation to going through with the Band? ( other than health!)

Mine was simply wanting and needing to be different once I graduated from University.

ok...i'll stick my neck out...what was my motivation besides health..

i wanted to feel attractive before i am old.

vanity..i know...but it's true.

(by the way i am a twenty too!!!)

Hey guys, I am Michelle and I am 26yoa. I am married and have a 1year old daughter. My biggest motivation to get this surgery was I wanted to feel better about myself. After I had my baby I went from 200lbs to 260lbs. I lost 30lbs preband but it stalled. I tried the Nutrasystem diet and went a whole month eating that crappy food and only lost 2lbs. I was fed up. I was and still am healthy with no co-morbidities soooo long story short I hoped on a plane to TJ, Mexico and got my band. I am kind of a slow looser, I was banded 8/07 and have only lost 34lbs. I am 1.4lbs away from onderland and it is killing me every time I jump on the scale. I am so glad though to see people here in their 20's getting banded! The psychologist I met with said she was glad too that more 20 something people were discovering the band. I have been heavy all my life and I am working hard on trying to get some much needed self esteem. I really have a problem with my body image and I don't want that to rub off on my little girl! That was also a major motivator in my decision. I don't want my girl to go thru school with no self esteem and poor body image!

Hey! My name is Brandi and I am 29 years old. I am scheduled to be banded on the 28th of January and I am so excited. I have a lot of weight to lose, and I am finally glad I have found something that may actually work. I have been overweight all of my life and am ready for a new beginning.

Hold Up Wait A Minute Let Apples Put Her 2cents In It Lol!!! Hey Y'all!!! Most Of You Probably Know Me!! I Am 20 Yrs Old Sooooooo Ready To Be Banded!! I Am Scared/nervous At The Same Time Cause I Am So Used To Failing At Diets And I Dont Wanna Fail At This!! I Need This To Work!! I Am Married No Kids ... I Want To Be Happy With My Body And I Want To Let The Inner Me Alot ... Lol That Alot Of You See Here! That's Who I Am But I Can't Always Be That Because Of My Weight I Am Very Subconcious And Insecure. I Have Been This Way Since A Little And I Am Sick And Tired Of It ... And If U Don't Know By Now Apples Sure Is A Freak Freak Freakkkkkkk (refer To The New Snoop Dogg Song Lol) So I Wanna Let That Freak Out In The Bedroom For My Hubby!!! Yeah I Am A Horny Bitch And I Don't Care Who Knows Lol ... Most Fat Chicks Are Lol!!! But Anyway Much Love To Everyone And I Am So Happy To See The "20's" Thread!!!

Hello fellow 20's :rolleyes:

I'm about to be 24.. I was banded 4/16/07 last year.. replaced my port in sept.. lost a good bit of weight.. all this is in my signature, but lack of anything else to say about me.

I LOVE MY BAND! I wish I had done this when I was 18, but at least we're all doing it NOW!

Hi, guys! I'm 24. Like someone else said, I decided to get the band because I wanted to experience life while I was still young. I'm in a career field that is really biased towards people that are physically fit (as it should be, IMO, because it's heavily rooted in fieldwork), and I wanted to be able to apply for any job that I was interested in, without wondering if I was too fat to fulfill the requirements. I also wanted to be able to go clothes shopping for once in my life without being forced to stay in the fat section of the store ('cause it SUCKS to try and find clothes if you're fat AND short). I knew that if I didn't do something soon, I'd wind up with a lot of severe conditions. I already had very high cholesterol and diabetes and heart disease are very common in my family. I didn't want to turn out like my mom, with diabetes and a double knee replacement.

hi everyone! I'm so happy I found this 20's forum like someone said I can't really relate with woman in there 40's or 50's. I'm 26 and have been overweight all my life I lost weight once and got down to 125lbs but that was very short lived. I have not been banded yet but i've spoken with my insurance company and am going to the seminar tomorrow, I just hope everything goes smooth and fast from there. Although my main goal in getting this done is my health and quality of life, I do have to admit I really just want to be thin and shop for nice clothes and not feel like i hve to wear clothes that fit me and not clothes I like. vanity and self esteem are my major driving force I feel like i've wasted so much of my life like this I can't go into my 30's feeling so uncomfortable with myself. anyway great idea for a forum I feel comfortable knowing I'm not the only one my age going through this.

hello everyone just dropping by to show some love...im 25 years old..i got banded back in july 31st of 07 and ive dropped 75lbs so far, 55lbs to go for my goal...hope to share tips and experiences with fellow bandsters.