Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My DH is T-Bone.

It's a little more complex than that, although I believe that is a minor theme. A stronger theme is society's duplicity. While I don't think she specificually mentions trends like emliminating PE classes and recesses from schools, she alludes to them as part of the culpret. We are becoming more sedentary as a socity and eating more highly processed foods, which are a double whammy.

I just thought I'd give y'all an update on my DH. He as recently moved from Super, Super Morbidly Obese to Super Morbidly Obese! His starting BMI was 85.5 and is now 63.2!

Probably the very best NSV is that he didn’t die, and the second best NSV is that I didn’t divorce him.

He can walk more than 20 steps without needing to stop and rest or find something to support his back. There's the entire motorcycle thing... he can buy clothes again. He tied his shoes! He has better self care! Me. His job performance is much better. His sleep apnea is better, he’s off most of his meds for diabetes and high blood pressure. The last time he picked me up at the airport he had to get in the truck from the passenger side. He was able to actually do this! ... I don't believe he is keeping a list of his NSVs, which is a shame.

I know that when I talk about divorcing him because of his weight, most people don’t understand. It wasn’t like he weighed 200 pounds and then gained 200 pounds. He started at over 400 pounds and gained close to 200 pounds so he ended up at 600 pounds. Six hundred pounds. That is more than a Jersey cow weighs at 15 months. (http://www.usjersey.com/ ) You couldn’t even imagine the impact the extra weight had on my life. Before it happens, you think no bit deal, but until it happens…

Crystal, You know everytime I get down and think... "Maybe the band wont work for me because im to big..." Your husband is one person I think of to get me back on track. Its wonderful to know how well he is doing. Please for me, tell him Congratulations!

Wow, Crystal, your husband has lost enough weight to make a new person. That's beyond impressive -- it's effing amazing. And with the personal trainer, it sounds as if he's ready to lose even more. I think it's great that he's reclaiming his body and his life. And you're a strong woman for sticking with him through what must have been an extraordinarily difficult time as he crept up to 600 lbs. Now you have the pleasure of shrinking along with him!

Lastnight we went to the support group that is hosted by our surgeon. I figured I should go since I'm now home. My DH now weighs 403!!! This is so amazing!

I need some suggestions on how to treat him special when he breaks into the 300 pound range. He's weighed more than 400 pounds for the last 25 years, so breaking that 300 pound barrier is going to really be something emotionally speaking. Obviously, we can't Celebrate by going to a restaurant! :)

When he came to pick me up this weekend, I realized that he is swimming in his clothes. He's gone through all the holes in his belt, and is now using the mesh part of it.

We recently welcomed Zoe to Onederland. What do we call it when we welcome someone to the 300 pound range?

Onederland, Twonesia... how about Tripoli? OK, it's the capital of Libya, but who's counting?

How about a romantic getaway weekend for the celebration?

A romantic getaway celebration sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Picture it the two of you, in a room with a huge gigantic king bed, rose petals and lite candles everywhere (just don't burn the hotel down), cold champagne, and a little red teddy for you. Wow, doesn't that sound wonderful???

Zoe, I love the idea of Tripoli. And besides, Twonesia is right next to Tripoli. (Tunisia borders Libya)

Thanks for the great idea! I think I'll take him camping. That will be romantic... camp fire, soft lanterns.... (He knew it was true love when he discovered I had more and better camping equipment than he did...)

That sounds like my kinda freaky flick! I'd love to see it, but I don't purchase movies. If anyone buys it, can I rent it from you for a weekend?