Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: How much do you exercise?

How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)

• I don't
    • Less than one hour per week
    • 30 minutes 3 days a week
    • 30 minutes most days a week
    • Excerise at home
    • Exercise at the gym
    • Exercise outside
    • I love to exercise now!
    • It's okay I guess...
    • I still hate it...

I exercise every freakin' day and it isn't easy but I have to do it so I make it part of my day. I do 3 to 3 1/2 miles on the treadmill (on an incline) and weight training afterward. I have done one 5K so far in October looking for another one. It is the only way to look decent and feel good for me.

Right now I am doing Curves 3x a week, weight training 2x a week and will soon be adding Tai Chi and maybe Yoga. I also walk a lot. Any time I feel the urge to eat something, or go drinking, or any other number of bad habits, I will go for a walk instead. I am trying to switch my bad habits for good habits.

Now if I could do something about my internet time...:thumbup:

I can't say that exercise is something I love to do. I know it's something I must do. I stared out just using the Wii last winter but as soon as the weather warmed up, I began walking on my lunch hour. If found if I kept busy it really keeps my mind away from food and usually afterwards, I'm not as hungry. That worked well for my initial weight loss but I finally hit a plateau once I dropped 75 lbs. So we joined the gym 2 months ago and began going almost everyday for an hour to 1.5 hours. Used to take me 22 minutes at 0 degrees to do a mile but now I walk 3.8 mph with an elevation of 8 degrees. I'll do this for 45 minutes. I still get my heart rate up to my goal and it's easier on my hips and knees than running. I also do 3 rounds of weights to help with my upper body fat. I still plateaued for a couple of months but figured I traded fat for muscle as I still dropped inches. I've now began dropping my weight again. It's just what I have to do in order to achieve my goal. I know I would of given up during the plateau for the 2 months, but the band wouldn't let me make that choice.