Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: How much do you exercise?

How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)

• I don't
    • Less than one hour per week
    • 30 minutes 3 days a week
    • 30 minutes most days a week
    • Excerise at home
    • Exercise at the gym
    • Exercise outside
    • I love to exercise now!
    • It's okay I guess...
    • I still hate it...

I am really bad about excercising, but I know I have to get started with it now. Do you guys exercise at home, belong to a gym, go running? Do you love to exercise now? I think I am actually weaker after the surgery, so I HAVE to get with it!

I go to the gym 5 days a week. I do 45-60 min cardio and do weights 3 days a week. I used to dislike gyms but I've found that I love it now, as long as it's a gym I like. I do yoga a couple times a week as well. I have so much more energy since I started exercising regularly, and I feel run down when I don't go.

I hated to exercise before banding, but now I love it and I feel wierd when I skip a day. I exercise 6-7 days a week for 2 hours. I do cardio and weight training and I can really see a huge difference in my body.

I exercise 30-45 a day at home 6 days a week . I love to exercise now I have so much energy my husband was tried of me cleaning the hell out the house so I burn that engergy exercising now :eek:

I work out four days a week - two at Curves (1/2 hour each) and two at the YMCA (1 hour each)--but I have worked out since 1983. I do find now, though, that I have to adjust certain exercises at the Y to work around my port (leg presses and overhead curls in particular).

What I love the most about working out is the fantastic high you get when you walk out of the gym, having all the stress and worries of the day totally washed out of you!! There is no other feeling like it! :bounce:

I exercise 5 - 6 days a week doing a variety of things. I exercised as much prior to surgery...it's the only thing that kept me from being even heavier. I walk 2 - 4 miles almost every day (though now I am jogging part of the time), take a pilates class and weight train at the gym at least twice a week for 45 minutes. I always feel so much better when I am moving. I have a minor issue with sciatica and I find that my back starts hurting if I skip more than one day a week. I get back to exercising and the back pain goes away. Weird.

Exercise for some people is a mind over matter issue. If you say you hate to exercise, then you will dread it...if you keep telling yourself that you like it and love the results, eventually you will.

Good luck!

I work out at home almost daily. I have an elliptical and do 45 min. on that and pilates, 20 min.

Today I started the couch to 5K program and did that on the treadmill. I am excited to see results from all the hard work.

I just started back to the gym. I dont love it. but I am proud of myself when I go. I am working on a reward program every 10 visits in 2 weeks or less I get a treat from my basket. I am not talking about as hard of a work out as some because I just started I do about 30 minutes of walking on a treadmill. I am increasing my speed. but I am not fast by any means. I am increasing every time and will be assing weight training soon.

but then again I am just starting too.

I love to exercise now. I still have my days that I don't want to but I try to mix it up. I was going to go for a walk yesterday but I roller skated with the kids last night for about 90 minutes last night at a church function. Wow! I wasn't able to do that two months ago. I love it. I am so glad I did this!

I work out a Curves 4-5X per week for 30-40 minutes each time (depending on how I feel). I ride bike or do treadmill at work 2-3X per week. I also do some cardio exercises/jogging in place while watching televsion most evenings after dinner.< /p>

I exercise 4-5 days a week for at least an hour but sometimes longer. I go to a gym, I am not disciplined enough to do it at home.

I have to exercise everyday or I lose my momentum. I get on the treadmill and I tell myself I'll do at least 15 minutes in order to convince myself to get on.. but once I'm on I usually end up doing from 30 to 60 minutes no problem. I tried curves and it wasn't for me - didn't get my heart up enough to be an effective workout and their hours didn't work well for me. Bought my treadmill and love it!