Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

Stef: 38 miles DANG! I gona start calling you Stef Armstrong:)

Today is a big day for me. Officially its been 5 months since surgery today and yesterday i was 1 pound shy of losing 100. Today i hit it! I am 100 pounds down since Aug 6th 2007.

This is not to show off but encourage people.

Alot of it has to do with you guys encouragement!

Stef: 38 miles DANG! I gona start calling you Stef Armstrong:)

Today is a big day for me. Officially its been 5 months since surgery today and yesterday i was 1 pound shy of losing 100. Today i hit it! I am 100 pounds down since Aug 6th 2007.

This is not to show off but encourage people.

Alot of it has to do with you guys encouragement!

You are my hero.

Wow!! Look at you go!

Great job Stefanie! That is so awesome!

Whosyadaddy! 100 lbs That is awesome!!! Your gonna fly now! Congrats!

Great job everbody.....We are doing this!! I am so excited for everyone on our thread...We are kicking butt with all of our hardwork! Yesterday for the first time I felt the passion for exercise again, and I haven't felt that in a long time...So sore today but I am hitting the elliptical today! So I will check in and report! I have lost my 80lbs..I lost four pounds for weigh in tonight and I am siked about that! It will be awesome to get where whosya is! I can't wait to know I got the first hundred off...I am so pumped about all of us working so hard! Great job everybody! Have a Great Sunday!

Longhorn: I don't know why you don't invest in the body bugg. You seem like a person who like numbers. It gives you all the information you could possibly need. I love mine. It really does help to know your calorie burn. I often compare what my ellipitical and treadmill say I've burned and what the BB says. Usually the calories burned are a little lower than what the machine says. But then I'm amazed at how many calories can be burned cleaning up the house and going up and down stairs.

Stef: Is this the day to report? I believe it is and we are only starting from Monday of this week? If I'm correct here are my weekly totals:

Cardio: 255 min., Strength training: 240 min., Weight: 172 (GRRR, it should be better!), not sure what I'm forgetting....

Longhorn: I don't know why you don't invest in the body bugg. You seem like a person who like numbers. It gives you all the information you could possibly need. I love mine. It really does help to know your calorie burn. I often compare what my ellipitical and treadmill say I've burned and what the BB says. Usually the calories burned are a little lower than what the machine says. But then I'm amazed at how many calories can be burned cleaning up the house and going up and down stairs.

Karey: Yes, I love numbers -- I teach math! :eek: I wish I could get a Body Bugg but I've just started a spending diet! :eek: Our twin daughters both got married last year. The year before, I went on three cruises in 13 months plus a trip to Europe.

To try to lose weight, I've spent thousands of dollars on bicycles and equipment, an elliptical, a recumbent exercise bike, and a home gym. Now I've got the payment for my surgery every month. I just can't justify the expense for another gadget right now. My poor, patient, THIN husband! :(

Fortunately, I lost weight four years ago and I've kept the smaller clothes down to size 12 so at least I won't have to buy new clothes as I finally lose weight this time (not much happening in that department -- I've had one fill but no restriction so holding firm at about 18 pounds lost.)

I do know that the heart rates are accurate on both of my machines because I checked them before I lost the chest strap on my HR monitor. So as long as I know I'm pushing myself during exercise, that's enough. And I just need to replace the battery in that pedometer and I'll have a little more information.

Thanks! :clap2:

Gardenburger is excellent. I totally love it. I need to read the lable for Morningstar too, I love them so much!

I like both Boca and Gardenburger.

Welcome Loser28.

Daddy, 100lbs is soo awesome. I'm hoping I can say 100lbs soon. The scale has steadily been moving for me, first time since October!

Stefanie, 38 miles? You are crazy girl.....

Longhorn: Well I totally understand about the money part. Maybe at some point you could find one on Ebay, but there is still a monthly maintence fee. Your weight will come off, it takes a while to get to the right restriction. Once your tool works properly it will be a lot easier. For now, I guess you just have to do it the all fashioned way!

Longhorn: Well I totally understand about the money part. Maybe at some point you could find one on Ebay, but there is still a monthly maintence fee. Your weight will come off, it takes a while to get to the right restriction. Once your tool works properly it will be a lot easier. For now, I guess you just have to do it the all fashioned way!

I sure appreciate the encouragement! My brain knows that it is normal not to lose much weight until I get to proper restriction but even with my history as a slow loser, I was sure hoping it would be different this time! :) But I'm enjoying the weight I've lost so far and can be patient. :faint:

Oy... not sure why I thought that after sitting on my ass for a month and a half that I would be able to just get up and walk 5 miles. Haha. My legs, hips, back, and shoulders hurt. I'll be napping with Ibuprofen this afternoon.

In the meantime, I'd like to report that I have 102 minutes cardio for today.

Here is a copy of a PM I just got from one of the members in the challenge. (After I "X-ed" out the numbers) This is actually a great idea. Y'all are right...it's easier for y'all to just give me totals since we ended up with a lot of folks participating! :)

Here is my totals for the week

Todays weight: XXX.

Total Cardio: XXX mins

Total Strength: XX mins

Hey everyone.

I think this is the first weekend in my life that I went to the gym. I have usually done the 5 weekdays and taken the weekend off, and now realized that to get the rest of this weight off I need to step it up. I felt so accomplished today..I did my week3 couch to 5 k and walked to total 35 minutes then did 25 minutes on the bike at a higher intensity than I usually do. Yesterday I did 25 minutes of cardio and about 15 of strength (in my bedroom..the gym closed too early. ugh). I ate a lot though yesterday. It was the first day I didn't stick to my no eating after 7:30 pm rule! aarrrrgghh. And then I was up a pound on the scale this am. WTF! I had over 1000 calorie deficit ever day this week except yesterday and GAINED a pound!!!!! I know it will come off if I keep plugging along but it is frustrating. I have been at the same weight for weeks!

Enough venting...everyone is doing so well!

Longhorn-I was laughing about the spending diet. I too have that thin, patient husband that doesn't gripe as I spend billions on weightloss products. I hope my spending days are done and whatever I have now is all I need to get to goal.

Jess-seriously...over 2 hours of cardio? I am awestruck!

Stef-you too. 38 mile bike ride? You are a machine. I will be sending my PM right along...thanks again.

Way to go to you all adopting a Vegan lifestyle. I give you a lot of credit. I keep my head in the sand because I am just not ready for that life change. Selfish on my part, but I am honest.

I have to run..I am going to try to get out for a walk tonight to make up for my junkfood that I ate last night. :cry

Well I went to the gym this afternoon...and they were having another zumba class,,,I thought about it but I passed because my calves were so sore from step and zumba yesterday but I did do the elliptical for 50 min and weight training targeting abs,arms, and butt! So I am done.. Back to school tomorrow...Trying to figure out when to go to the gym this week..Have a good week!