Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Removal Costs

Guest wagirls12

I just got mine taken out yesterday,

It cost me $5,700.

Worth every penny to get it out...

What Reason Did You Give Your Doc?i Have Mine Very Short Time And Want It Out Ever Day. Cant Take The Pain No More.soso Sorry I Did This.

I have suffered terribly from my band from the get go. Where did you find someone to take it out for $5700.00. I am a self-pay.

Guest wagirls12

I had my band removed by Dr. Chebli in Seattle.

He has however stated that he cannot see anyone that is a Mexican Band Paitent. I got lucky and was seeing him for about 6 months before that decision.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you.

I am much happier now, Heavier but Happier

I have suffered terribly from my band from the get go. Where did you find someone to take it out for $5700.00. I am a self-pay.

FaithStep,

I'm not sure where you are located, but here in Dallas there is a WLS surgeon that charge around $5000 to remove the band. His name is Wade Barker, MD. He's easy to find online and one of the best in the DFW metroplex.

What is the reason you had or want to have your band removed. Do you think it was the surgeon or the band just wasn't for you? What was the complications you suffered?

Not sure if he will take anyone but Dr Ortiz (Mexico) charges $3500.00 to remove it. I cant get down to mexico and am tryng to get a surgeon here locally do it but not sure my insurance will cover.

Does Dr. Barker treat Mexican Banded Patients?

That I am not sure of that, but you can call (should have toll free number on website) to confirm.

I hope you find a surgeon soon!

I just got mine taken out yesterday,

It cost me $5,700.

Worth every penny to get it out...

Hi,

Where did you get it done it sounds a lot cheaper than what the doctors are charging here...Did you go through ur insruance

Lilly

Hi,

Where did you get it done it sounds a lot cheaper than what the doctors are charging here...Did you go through ur insruance

Lilly

Hello Lilly,

I ended up going back to Mexico but used a wonderful doctor - Alberto Aceves. My pouch was herniated 90% and I had multiple adhesions. He was only going to charge $4000.00 to take it out but I had him take it out and revise to bypass. I am first week post-op (12-13) and am feeling very well. I have never been so taken care of in a hospital. The main doctor Dr. Aceves has done over 50 revisions and spoke and wrote English very well. He also set down with me on 2 different occasions to talk - he is a straight shooter with no bull. I can't say enough wonderful things about him and his staff and the hospital. I stayed an extra 2 days in the hospital just because they wanted to be safe and they didn't even charge me any more. I was checked on by doctors (not nurses) at least 6 times a day. I ended up paying 14,500 for the revision and him fixing the hernia - unheard of in the States. If you would like to e-mail me direct my e-mail is faiths@bluemarble.net. (I'm not very good navigating around on this site yet). I am self employed so no insurance has been involved.

I probably gave you more info than you were interested in but my experience (along with everyone else I saw in the 6 days I was there) was great.:)

I was helped by someone on this board and want to help others.