Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in the New Year

Where's everyone? I feel like everyone moved to the new place and forgot to tell me.

Well, had a better day at lunch today. Drank a cup of hot tea an hour before lunch. So, this is what I'll do now to get through a meal that needs much chewing.

Hope everyone's okay.

:) Wow, we're moving up in the world I guess. Things are going pretty well for me right now. I've always been a bit of a slow loser, but I figure I maintained during the holidays so now, I'm almost down 5 since then. YEAH!!!

Hope all is going well for the Marchies. I can't believe it's almost been a year. I realize that we've all had challenges over this last year, but I think we'd all agree....it's been worth it!

Cheers!

I have perfect restriction, I want to scream it from the roof tops.

It's kinda like that O thing, you don't really know that your achieving it until you do, and then it feels soooo good. OOOOH LALA, Baby!

It is so freakin cold here in upper Michigan, the highs on Saturday is suppose to be in the low single digits! My 20 year old son and I are driving to Detroit this weekend to go to the Art museum, I am so looking forward to that.

Oh and by the way, Spark people is helping me a ton too! You guys who have not journaled should really check it out it is amazing.

Have a great day!!!

Congrats, Janine! Woohoooo! :( I guess it's just one of those things that you know when you get there? Cuz I'm still wondering if I'm there or not. I do know I'm close and I'm not sure I want to be any tighter but maybe just a little....? I have an appt on Jan 30 so maybe my dr. will have a suggestion.

I'm SO happy for you! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your boy--time together is precious at his age. Stay warm and keep up the great work!

Janine, you crack me up! Congratulation on the great restriction. I have it also, but haven't been making the best band choices the last few days.

Yes, it is cold here in MI. 11 degrees this am just North of you.

My DHG and I were at Soaring Eagle in Dec. for a NAPA Auto convention....shoulda looked you up! darn.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Evening All,

Momlambert: I just want to thank you again about drinking tea/something before your meal. I drank some tea, but it was only warm and had another p-bing attack. The next time I drank "hot" tea and things were much better. Even drinking it about 30 min. before my meal. From now on I will drink tea when possible or maybe hot Soup before any first meal of the day.

Janine: it's great that you'll have quality time with your son. Especially something that you're both interested in. Are you using the meal plan or just winging it? I am in stage 3 myself. I'm going to stick with it till I reach my goal weight. It keeps me on track better than being on my own.

I'm also close to restriction somewhere between .1 - .3cc more and I should be there. My meals are keeping me more full than previously, so that's good.

I didn't get to the gym this week. And I just found out that the gym installed new equipment. So, I don't feel too bad about not going. I'll be going Monday for sure just to see what they are.

Hoping everyone will have self control for the weekend.

HERE'S THE WEATHER IN CHICAGO : 10:41 AM

32.gif?12122006

Sunny 1°F

Feels Like

-18°F

Wow it is really cold:eek:.. i so don't want to leave my house... but i must go to the gym and to the store to go shopping for food!!

HERE'S THE WEATHER IN CHICAGO : 10:41 AM

That's what i get for living in the windy city

32.gif?12122006

Sunny 1°F

Feels Like

-18°F

Wow it is really cold:eek:.. i so don't want to leave my house... but i must go to the gym and to the store to go shopping for food!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I think I am going in for a small fill in Feb. I have been off work since Wed afternoon and don't return until Tue. Ihave not been making the greatest choices food wise and I haven't exercised since Thur night. I will start again tomorrow. I did see 179 on the scale but I don't think it's going to stick around until Monday which I call my official weigh in day. We will see. I haven't seen 179 in over 11 years.

I've gained weight. Blah. I need a fill. I figured that out Friday night. I made a frozen lasagna for dinner. I had a slice. Ate it all. then was still hungry! Ugh.

Plus I've been making some bad choices this winter re head hunger and food that is easy to go down and an old fav. versus healthy for me. I need a swift kick in the rear. One thing I did recently though was get some healthy Snacks at the grocery store. So when I do want something it is easier for me to stay on track-- things like my soy crisps, some trail mix because in small doses that is good, etc.

I feel like a junk food addict sometimes. If I have good restriction and am in a good mental place, then its all good. Just a bit will do. But other times its easy to get on that downhill slope. And it doesn't help that my favourite junk food, ice cream, goes down well. At least I can't go crazy with things like cinnamon rolls though :girl_hug:

I started pilates a week and a half ago. I like them. The first session I was very sore the next day. We also move a sofa bed that day as well. I just curled up in a little ball for a couple of hours. The next time, I wasn't as sore the next day. But I swear that these days every time I go to the gym, a couple of days later my body gets saggier somewhere else. honest. A new wrinkle in the thigh. A fold of loose skin in the upper arms cause its increasing, etc. I thought at my age I was supposed to have some skin elasticisty left?

I bought a svelt belt by body by nancy ganz for daily wear. I like it. Otherwise I just look odd in most tops due to my upper belly now. And I swear the lower belly (and boobs) have never sagged this low. Despite these thigns, I am sliming down in some spots. Or at least retaining the slimness I achieved despite gaining a few pounds. The size sixteen jeans I have still fit me the best, the size 18 are still too loose. Things like that. My bra band needed snugging not too long ago.

I think I should start using sparkpeople or fitday more seriously. Maybe get a bodybugg and see how the numbers help me out. I dunno. I need a job too, if I can a good one. DH and I are going to Britain in May :( so thats a goal for my body and for us in terms of budget.

Hmm... I think my gym tends to look for childcare for their room, and free membership is one of the perks.

Hi All,

I too have been making bad food choices. I've been eating Peppridge Farms "Soft Batch" Cookies. Thanks to my daughter and she also likes to bake sweet foods. I'm learning to take small pieces, rather grazing on small pieces.

Now that I know my weakness "for the moment", I have to learn to counter act it. My food choices are okay, have to get back into using the food scale. And remember to take my pressure meds. I've been retaining Water. I've already lost about 9 lbs in water alone.

As for exercise, the gym opens up tomorrow from installing new equip last week. This will motivate me to see how they work. The pedometer have been logging in over 10,000 steps these last two weeks. I'll go to the gym 3x a week instead of 2x for my new challenge. 1st was 10,000 steps a day, 2nd was the gym, 2x a week. Carrying that gym bag to work sucks, they don't assign lockers.

Mrs Husker and kyethra, I too use SparkPeople. Are you going through the diet stage or just winging it? I'm in Stage 3, in a week or two, I start stage 4, which is the last stage. Right now I need to go back to stage 1, to get back on track.

Mrs Husker, hope you see and hold onto that 179. Increase your exercise and you should be able to hold onto it for a few days. Encourgement that you're doing it right. There's only 10 days left to the month. I'm hoping I can get down 5 lbs.

This 8-10 lbs a month is not happening for me. Then again, if we've done everything right we'll see it. We are further along than the last few years. I can't knock that. And I'm so greatful too.

I am feeling more restriction since my last fill, 1/2/08. Next appt. is 2/6/08, hoping this will be the restriction I'm hearing of. Would like to be 200 lbs or under by March. Then I'll feel the last 25 - 30 lbs will soon be reached.

Oh Juli and Janine, how did your "quality time" with the kids go? Fill us in on all the fun events.

Well, enough of me. Looking forward to reading positive results since you were last here. And all is well with you and your family and friends.

Whitepants-I didn't do the stages with sparkpeople. I might go back and start thou.

The 179 didn't stick around and when it left it took another 1/2 lb with it, so 178.5!! I know that the scale shouldn't be my only motivation, but damn, when it moves I want to do more in the way of exercising. I am hoping by my b-day to be able to wear size 14 all day long. They fit now but are too tight. I only have one pair of 16 and I am getting tired of washing them all the time.

Kyethra-I know what you mean about the sagging skin. I don't have a full lenght mirrow in my house, so if I want to know what I look like I have to stand on the side of the tub and use the one over the sink. Decided to check myself out and all I can say is "yuck"! My butt and thighs are the worst. They look like lumpy dough.

kyethra im with you on the fill issue.... I've been finding that i eat a lot more and im hungrier sooner...:lol: it really sucks.... i keep trying to control but it ain't easy when you actually feel your tummy growling...

All i got to say is thank god:thumbup: i go tomorrow morning!!!