Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in the New Year

The scale sound great, more info please.

Elliptical crosstrainer are the devil!! 10 min and I wanted to die!! I had to talk myself through the last 3. Thank goodness no one was in the room or they would have thought I was nuts. Just taking a small break before I do 100 steps on the steppers, oh boy!!

I like the sound of that scale. Shoulds like you'll be able to meal planning easier and quicker. I'm all for weighing my foods, even though I can pretty much eyeball it now.

Going to check it out. Thanks for the encouraging words.

scale didn't go down, but felt great for I did complete all my goals for Tuesday.

White pants

I wanted to say, that because of you I'm getting back to measuring my food.

I think I'm accurate, but it will be good to know for certain.

I love how we can encourage and influence each other in small ways like that.

Thanks.

The scale sound great, more info please.

Elliptical crosstrainer are the devil!! 10 min and I wanted to die!! I had to talk myself through the last 3. Thank goodness no one was in the room or they would have thought I was nuts. Just taking a small break before I do 100 steps on the steppers, oh boy!!

Its gonna get easier, trust me. The elliptical used to be my arch enemy, now I can go for about an hour, switching up the resistance. The funny thing is when I just need to do an easy day at the gym thats what I do, and I could barely do 5 minutes on it at first!

I should be receiving my scale in the mail soon. It was $39.96 $ 5 s/h. It is a Kitchrics Digital food Scale with Nutritional Facts Display. You can find it on the QVC website, or perhaps your local kitchen store?

I seem to be drawn to these "aids" then stop using them for some reason or another. ie..my pedometer has had a dead battery for a few months now.

jmcambra...an hour of elliptical? You go girl!

I tried it once at the local gym and did the pre-programmed cross country session, man did that kick my butt, and it was only 30 minutes. Perhaps I started out doing too much.

***my latest fav Diet Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. zero everything except 60 mg of sodium.

jmcambra-It's going to take me forever to get to one hour. I started with 10 min and will increase by 5 every week and see what happens. Tonight it's .25 miles on the treadmill, weights and the ab slide. I might try and do 100 steps on the stepper. I did my mile this morning when I got to work, but hope to get in one more before I go home.

Well, this last fill seems to be working. I am getting full on

about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food. I still want to eat more, but I am full so I stop. That is just something I need to work on.

Sparkpeople. com is a blessing. I have been tracking my food and exercise everyday since I started Jan 2. I love it. I am still trying to learn my way around it, but I think I am addicted to it. My computer is in my exercise room so it is convenient to track my exercise and to find different ones on spark. But since I have been tracking what I eat, I am averaging only between 800-900 cals per day. That is the reason I started sparkpeople, I knew I wasn't getting enough some days and too many on other. I have a goal of 1000-1200. Twice I was 1100. I still haven't gotten in my 64 oz of Water per day, but I am not giving up.

Tonight is Girls Night out. My 12 yo daughter and I will be going to dinner and then we are taking a class at Adventure in Art. The class is also call Girls Night Out. We are going

to learn to make pendants out of glass. This is going to be fun. It is only $20 for the first pendant and $10 for each additional

one. Knowing my daughter, she will make 3 or 4, but I think it's money well spent just to have some mom and daughter time away from the guys at home. Really looking forward to tonight. She was so excited about it yesterday that she got her chores for today done last night.

I seem to be a "chatter box" of late. Sorry, just really bored at work and love "chatting" with the people here.

Hey All,

Oh Juli, in addition to still measuring my foods, I also use the measuring spoons and cups when I seasoning my foods and cooking in batches. I carry my lunch in a container about 6 1/2" x 5" x 2". It's just enough to keep me from overeating a lunch. Small container that hold about 3 or 4 oz of food for my snack. This may help someone. So, did you see if you were off in your measuring when you eyeballed your foods?

Also, another method of eating I use is called "Food Combining", some may of heard of it. You combine Proteins w/vegetables, carbs w/vegetables, vegetables w/vegetables, acid fruits w/sub-acid fruits, eating certain meals at certain times of the day. This way of eating helps the digestive system digest foods. This may help with acid reflux, maybe. For more reading of this I've found the About.com to be informational.

Mrs Husker, I put a new battery in my pedometer yesterday and clocked 1500+ steps more than 3 miles and 8500+ was from being at the gym, bike and treadmill. And that was from 1:45pm when I put the new battery. Today I clocked 17,291 at 8:16pm of the posting.

You'r right about SparkPeople. Eating their suggestions can be hard since you can pick and chose from the day's menu. Then eating every, evrery thing can put you over. But, still Good. So, continued good luck with that. Juli did you get a chance to visit there yet?

Read up on the scale, it is pricey, but I'm going to spring for it if I can't find it cheaper.

I still have problems in gettting in my 64g of Proteins and 35g of Fiber, what are you doing to get them in? This is what my nutritionist suggests I get in daily. Mrs Husker, this is where I would go over the 1200 calories in trying to get them in.

Woo, you are going for hi-tech workouts, the most I've tried is the one that gives you the motions of skating. Was huffing and puffing, and that was only 3 minutes. Good for you.

Keep those ideas coming!!! I'm so glad for this group. Till tomorrow. Good Night All.

My measures aren't that far off. Funny most things like the granola I eat in my yogurt I always dip out of the bag with a 1/4 cup measurer.

I looked at SparkPeople but I use the BodyBugg system for tracking. It does look like it provides more information than fitday.com. But I used the heck out of fitday, so I'm not knocking it!

I typically eat 1200-1500 calories a day. There are days when I've worked out quite a bit or when I did long distance bike riding this past summer and fall that I HAD to eat more. If I didn't I'd wake up chewing on my pillow! (okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point.)

Now that I'm running, yes running, 3 miles a day, 3 times a week I notice that same kind of hunger. I try to keep it healthy though.

As for food combining I remember that being big in the vegetarian circles back in the early 80s. I haven't heard much about it since. I say do whatever works for you! Do you have reflux?

Not to be redundant but I'm trying hard not to high fructose corn Syrup. It's everywhere, but it's a cool process. I'm also moving toward eating more sustainably produced foods. But that's got a lot to do with the politics of how food is sold and transported...I'll save that for a later day.

Any way, being mindful of lables ingredient lists is new and helpful for me. I've been reading nutrition lables forever, but not so much the ingredient lists. It helps me make better choices.

Man...I am still really struggling to get on track. Everyday I wake up with a determination not to "blow it" today and everyday I mess up. Then I read all the new post here at night and get determined to do it right tomorrow. But of course the cycle starts again the next day. Aggghhhh.. I am so frustrated.

I know the main problem is that I have no restriction at all. I can't get in until the 24th. Second to that I have really been struggling with my anxiety/depression these last few weeks so maybe I need to get my meds readjusted.

Send me warm thoughts that tomorrow I am strong enough to even have a mediocre day. Thanks for listening. :rain:

Hey, I have to stop by every so often to read everyone's posts. ROCK ON MARCHIES!!!:rockon:

TammyJ

Look at you nearly to goal!!!!!!!!!!!

You will absolutely be there by your anniversary!

Glad to see you dropping in.

New Years 2007 and 2008.....< <br /> <br /> I'm the brunette

(this the first pic i wasnt even at my heaviest)

post-218831-13813136232484_thumb.jpg

post-218831-13813136232807_thumb.jpg

WOW Jeni! What a difference 10 months and 73.3 lbs makes! Good for you. You must be so happy and proud. Keep it up--you are an inspiration! :clap2::whoo: