Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in the New Year

Never used sharkspeople...I use Fitday. I agree, Juli, once you get your normal foods in there ( I know I usually seem to eat the same ole thing) it's easy to use. I use most of the tools they provide on that site.

I'll go check out sharkspeople and see what they're about.

Thanks for the advice. I did post this under support and the three replies so far like sparkspeople. I don't know, I think I am just going to have to keep them both for now and see what one I use more.

Going in for my third fill Monday 1/7. I am just worried that more things will get stuck. The only problem I have now is dry meat of any kind. Don't have a problem with breads/pasta/rice. Wish I had a problem with potatoe chips though. But nooooo, that crap just slides right on through.

I just signed up for both sparkspeople.com and fitday.com. Do any of you use either and what one easier? I want to keep track of what I eat and how many cals I am getting. Most days I know I don't get enough and others, too many.

I tried both but preferred sparkpeople.com To each his own! I find it easy to use and like the little silly rewards they give you. The daily messages are really helpful and I love tracking exercise as well as nutrition. Fitday may do all the same but when I set up sparkpeople and tried fitday as well, i had more trouble on fitday. FWIW. Good luck!

Happy, Happy, Happy New Year to Everyone. I wish for each and everyone of us to reach our goal this year. Our personal goals and weight goals. Just plan a course and see it through.

I went and had another fill today. The doctor wouldn't give me 1cc nor a .5cc fill, so we settled on .3cc fill. So, I have over 3cc in my band now. Drank 36oz cups of Water (18oz). Although I had no problem drinking it, I did feel a little full, but I feel that way after drinking Water anyway. So I'm not sure if it's a restriction or not yet. Came home and was able to eat a small meal, but did not feel any restriction. So, I'm hoping it'll kick in soon. Only gained 1lb since 12/6/07, when I got my last fill. Go figure, with all I ate :hungry: from Thanksgiving up till yesterday.

SparkPeople - I joined them in July/07. I'm now in Stage 3 of their SparkDiet. I found it very easy to follow. It was committing to it that was hard. Following the Nutrition/Food and Fitness Trackers, I found it fun. Making some of their recipes are easy and as you can see, you can change the menu if/when you choose. The recipes are of foods that you use daily, even the seasons...

How did you hear of them?

I have to check out the Fitday.com to compare.

Starting off simple this year, will continue to go to the gym 2x a week/1 - 2 hours. 3x a week walk 1 mile then take the bus home. Along with 30 min walk after lunch. I have a pedometer, so will try to get in 5,000 steps. Not sure about 10,000 steps a day.

As for the leg cramps, when that happens to me, it's because my potassium is low. I'll eat a couple of bananas to bring my potassium back up and then I'm okay. Another good source of potassium are those saltless salts. I'm using Morton's Salt substitute. I tried the Nu-Salt, but did not like it. It gives you the recommended daily amount of potassium.

Have anyone tried them yet? If so, what's you take on them? Also, what other substitute can be shared here?

Well, I'll stop here. Let's make it happen. :clap2:

Sparkpeople looks way cooler than fitday, just registered, thanks for the info!

NSV!!!!

DH & I took the kids sledding yesterday. BIG hill.

Last year at this time I would have been huffing and puffing and would have had to stop quite a few times climbing back up. Last year I would have said, "you kids go back down, mommy is resting"

No, Not me! It was a fun challenge, I never stopped, not once. I really enjoyed myself and I

was proud of myself for keeping up

I like sparkpeople better, tried both, but in the end I found that I used sparkpeople on a more consistent basis. I like the glass that counts Water too, because I always seem to forget to drink in between my meals.

Hello to all and Happy New Year! I am hoping things go better this year. I was banded in mexico last march and initially lost about 16lbs. I have now gained it all back +2lbs. I have had only 1 fill of 4cc and since that time I have p-bing nearly every meal. I have figured out that I am just eating way too much, I am having a BIG problem with head hunger. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get past that? I still want to binge and sometimes I can eat nearly as much as I used too. If anyone has been through this I would like to talk to them. :omg:

Kurn,

That's some stuff. I don't know what to tell you other than you might want to talk to a counselor about binging and PBing all the time.

I'd say get a fill but you PB frequently...

Hope others can offer you more help than me. Good Luck.

You all have me wanting to try sparkpeople and I barely get my foods listed on BodyBugg! What a hoot!

Good to know there are many resources out there to track what we eat, no?

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Kurn,

Have you tried tracking what you eat and what you are feeling when you eat it? Are you waiting too long between meals and become very hungry and then have trouble stopping at a reasonable amount? Go back to the beginning and start over following all the band rules. Make sure you are getting in your Protein, Water and exercise. I also thing the speaking to someone might help. Best of luck.

Nice to catch up with you all! Sounds like many are making a new commitment to exercise. I've felt really empowered since starting kickboxing class in December. Started with a core/cardio (this is a major 1.5 hour workout), and now I'm beating the Sh** out of that punching bag. I'm doing this 2-4 times/week, plus yoga at least twice/week, and 45-min eliptical 1-2 times/week. It feels really good!

But.....I didn't lose (or gain) any lbs :cry I lost a couple more inches, and my butt's a little perkier, so I guess I'll take that. I'm still on that same weight plateau I've been on since August, but going for a fill 1/9. I just don't understand it. I'm getting 1200-1500 cals and working out big time - but still nothing. I've never been under this weight as an adult, so maybe I'm just stuck here forever???

I like Sparkpeople - haven't tried fitday though.

Whitepants - hope the new fill works out. I think I want to try .3cc.

Kurn - Have you had your band checked out? If you can eat what you did pre-band it must need some tweaking.

Happy New Year!

So I still have virtually no restriction, so my doctor is going to do a fill under the fluoroscope. I feel bad that I seem to be such a difficult patient,

but I know that I have been successful in the past, I adore my band and my doctor I just need to have some restriction. I know what restriction feels like and have not had the proper restriction since September. I feel that the office staff is losing patients with me:think.

Anyway, HAS ANYONE HAD A FLUOROSCOPE, WHAT IS IT LIKE?

You guys are so upbeat, this is so wonderful and so good for moral!:clap2:

Do you guys feel the crunch, now that the anniversary date is approaching? I just can't get it out of my head that statistically most people lose their weight in the first 18 mts. The clock is ticking louder and louder.

My hair is growing back, it is so funny, I have these little 1/2 inch bangs under my bangs. I bought a pill that is a Protein Gelatin pill, I feel better.

I also bought the restraining bands, I like them they are brutal to work with, I like brutal, I want to hire Jillian off of biggest loser to kick my a**.

You guys want a real motivation, you just have to watch biggest loser it is soooo motivating. There has only been 1 show so you can get caught up easily.

Toodles, Welcome all the new people that have joined recently.

I am having such a hard time getting back on track since the holidays. It is brutal. I am craving sugar big time. It hasn't helped that I have no restriction right now and I have been drinking diet soda again. Aghhhh.

What are you guys doing to get remotivated?

Janine-

Hi! I've had both my fills under flouro. They have me stand but most people lay down. Aside from seeing your stuff, the band and the port, the metal in your bra, I can't imagine it being all that different from a regular fill. It costs more, but it feels they same. They can see what they are aiming for.

You'll do well.

1. Don't worry about being a bothersome patient. Doctors are in the service industry and you are paying for their service. Get what you pay for!

2. Don't worry about what other people do and how successful they may or may not be. This is YOUR journey and nobody else's. It can take up to 5 years to lose all your weight.

I don't hear no stinking ticking! Ignore it! Don't worry about it. So long as your weight is generally trending downward and you are behaving like a person who wants to lose weight don't sweat it.

If you're weight isn't trending downward and you are behaving badly get your band adjusted and modify your behavior.

I know that's an easier statement to write than to do, but on another level it is as easy as one acting differently.

Good luck. You'll get there!

I am having such a hard time getting back on track since the holidays. It is brutal. I am craving sugar big time. It hasn't helped that I have no restriction right now and I have been drinking diet soda again. Aghhhh.

What are you guys doing to get remotivated?

Metawnny,

You saw what I wrote Janine above, so you can see I can be nice...but

DRINKING SODA????????? :faint:What are you thinking?

Sugar is hard! I believe I'm addicted to it and I crave it like a junkie craves crack. What I have to do (and I'm on day three) is go cold turkey no sugar, no products with high fructose corn Syrup either. Actually I think that's worse than regular sugar. They say after day 5 the cravings stop. Perhaps you too can cold turkey it?

Good luck find your remotivation.

Oh, and what I'm doing specifically for remotivation is setting goals that really stretch me, like running a 5K next month, etc.

XO