Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Mitchell Meetings are December 8 & then January 12. 7pm at the Avera Queen of Peace Hospital Conference Room #1. I think they ask to have you pre-register so there is enough seating. The hospital number is 605-995-2000.

Hopefully I can talk Hubby into attending the Dec 8th session and we can meet there. Pam

Hey all. Jim from Sioux Falls. I am new to the band. October 2nd, 2006. I too am glad to find other bandsters in SD! I have a long road ahead of me but with support, we will all achieve our goals!

Dr Bradley Thaemert did my band. A really great guy and I've heard some of the nurses refer to him as "Dr. McDreamy"! And I thought that only happened on TV...........LOL.

Hey, I'm glad to be here.

Starting weight 324

Present weight 292

I had my first fill yesterday.

jimboss01@yahoo.com

hello Larae..

I was so excited to find your tread..I am from Mn....but right over the boarder from SD,I have shopped in Brookings once in awhile.....I had Dr. Strand...my procedure was done on August 15th...also a friend of mine had a band done by Dr. Strand in April...we both are doing well...it was just so amazing to read someone else that had Dr.Strand..we just love him..and his nurse Corey is just such a super person...

sounds like you and your husband are doing very well....GOOD JOB!!...

now do you know of may support groups in your area?...in our packet when we had the procedure they listed a support group throught McKennan Hospital..and we have attended it the last two months..it is once a month in Sioux Falls..and Dr. Strand is the speaker next months, so that will be really interesting I think...the group is not very big..which I was surprised at...

well again it was so nice to hear of someone else that had had Dr. Strand..

Jenny

I was glad to find this thread, I was beginning to think I was all alone in SD. I was banded by Dr. Reynolds on Sept. 26, 2006. I had my first fill on Nov. 17. I have lost 32 pounds so far.

Hi fellow South Dakotans! I just wanted to say hi! I am scheduled to be banded this wednesday-dec. 6. I am both excited and a little nervous. I welcome any words of advice before the big day...thanks,

:) Suzy in Sioux Falls

Hey Suzy,

Congratulations! It looks like you'll be having your banding done tomorrow. You should be excited, I know I was. I was also a little nervous but then I think anytime you go under for an operation, being nervous is part of it.

I was banded on Oct 2nd and it is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I've lost about 40 pounds so far. Already, my body is changing. Sometime I don't see it in the mirror but I know it is happening. Geez, I can actually tie my own shoes! LOL.

Good luck Suzy, maybe we can keep or get this SD group more active?......Jim

Thanks for the support Jim and congratulations on your success! Sometimes I get cold feet and think 'is this the right thing to do?', but your enthusiam is contageous! I agree it would be nice to get this group going.... do you go to support groups? Or have you ever visited obesityhelp.com? My dr.s office recommended that one. One little gripe I have with that one is it is for all kinds of bariatric surgery, not just lapband. Take care :o S.

Don't let your feet get cold Suzy! My goodness! Read posts on this site. 99% of the folks here are losing weight! And you will too! I guarantee you! I've been a big man all of my life and I was resolved to the fact that I was going to die before my time because of it. But my banding has given me a new outlook on life! I am happy with myself for the first time in many many years. And you will be also.

So you are from Sioux Falls? Who is doing your surgery?

Weight Loss Support Group

Date: December 14, 2006

Time: 7:00 PM

Place: Avera Queen of Peace

Conference Room 1

Guest Speaker: Angie Goldhammer from

Quality Time Kitchen

Topic: Are you

tired of trying to think of

something to feed the family when you can

only eat 1 cup.

Angie will tell us about how to prepare 6 to 12

family sized Entrees in under 2 hours. She plans

the menu,grocery shops, chops, dices,and slices

and even cleans up the mess. Beef, chicken,

pork, past and sometimes seafood will be offered

each month. She prepares new menus each month.

Marilyn Pemrick

Kristi Riggs

Mitchell Bariatric Coordinators

Hello Fellow South Dakotans.

I was thinking it would be great to get everyone together next summer for a picnic/cook out. We could have a potluck, bring our family, before & after pictures, favorite recipes and share of secrets for success. Please suggest places, other ideas, dates, input from all of you would be great!

Hello,

Just had surgery on the first of December 1st. I lost 8 pounds in the first week and I am around the same give or take a few pounds.

The surgery went fine although I did suffer some side effects from the anestesia such as blurred vision and anxiety.

I had the surgery done in another city so, I've not been to any support groups locally. So this may be great alternative!

I do not suggest watching TV - as the food visuals are constant!! I began craving sooner than I thought and try to find something else to occupy my time.

I began a few foods i.e. Soups and such in the second week (which is not advised) I've been careful - no vomitting or anything. I just cannot understand why it is advised to fast for so long - unless you are looking for rapid weight loss. I am no expert - I just feel like this only promotes the lap band success rate.

Your thoughts?

Hello!!

I am a Sioux Falls SD newly banded Occupational Therapist. It is fun to find the list of South Dakota Bandsters. I was banded on 12/26/06. Only 3 days ago. I am feeling really good. Dr. Peter O'Brien did my surgery. I work in Storm Lake IA.

Dawn