Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: Do you miss diet soda?

A few months ago I was drinking 1 or 2 2-liters a day of Mt. Dew. When I started thinking about the Lap-Band, I just stopped. I already loved Crystal Light so it wasn't a big deal to switch to drinking only that. I have a Vault once in awhile, but I won't mind giving it up once I have the surgery.

I read that some of you still drink it... does it hurt.. I'd love to try a bit! I really do miss it. It's been almost a year for me.. and I miss Fresca.

I was quite addicted to Coke, (not diet) but I stopped in September in preparation for my surgery because that was the thing I was afraid of. I drank a couple in the two or three days prior to my surgery and they didn't even taste that good. I can honestly say I don't really miss them. Right now plain Water tastes just about the best to me.

I used to drink abut 8 - 12 cans of diet pepsi per day. My husband said when I quit drinking it, it caused the stock market crash.

I switched to caffeine free even not long before looking into the surgery. And gradually to caffeine free tea. That had nothing to do with having the surgery. I was just tired of being so dependant on it.

Yes I miss it and I do on rare occasions have it... but I make sure it's flat. Isn't that sad? But then I realize it's a mental thing and I don't really want or need it. But I keep having to test the theory. LOL

I had GB several years ago and quit drinking Pepsi. Lost 110 pounds and was doing really good. Then I started drinking a Pepsi now and then. The trouble is I became addicted to them. Had 6-8 cans a day, probably more in the summer. The weight started to slowly go on. I gained back 60 pounds and I had NO ONE to blame but myself. They told me no sodas. I just thought that I could bend the rules. I had LB on 2-18-08 and I stopped drinking Pepsi when I went for the first consultation on 12-18-07. I still think about Pepsi but I want to be thin MORE than I want to taste the Pepsi. Pepsi is not my friend. Please don't fool yourself to think that you can drink sodas and get away with it. You will wake up one day and find you have gained some weight back.

I go for my fill tomorrow and I will not be drinking soda after today! SO, I have been addicted to soda since I was 15 and it is Diet Pepsi! I told my hubby that I will switch to Iced coffee with Sweet and low, as long as I get a little bit of caffine I will be fine....so my fill is @ 3:30 tomorrow. I can't wait to feel restricted again. Have a great day all. I have been in Pepsi hell for 19 years time to kick the habit! :grouphug:

NO I miss coke. Regular coke. I liked to drink them with meals, but now since I cant drink with my meals it kind of lessens the tempation to have one.

I love Diet Coke. I gave it up when I had surgery. I lasted about 3 weeks and then I had one. I drank maybe 1 a day until my fill and then I couldn't drink it. I can't drink it for about 2 weeks after a fill. I have maybe 2 to 3 a week now. I pour it over ice and let it sit so it isn't quite as carbonated. I used to drink it right out of the can because I love it really carbonated but I know I can't do that now.

I gave up Diet Coke with my pre=op fasting and now it has been 2 weeks. I really don't miss it at all. it was a habit to reach for a can, not a true addiction.

I used to love it but now i see it was just a bad habit. All the new research says it screws up your system and makes you crave sweets.

I am in the mushie phrase and I'm craving a slice of turkey! Not soda. Next week turkey - Yea!

Give up the soda -- it'll keep you fat!

K2O in Water is wonderful and has 5 grams of Protein and 4 grams of fiber- terrific. Order it on Amazon.com if you can't find at the store by Crystal Light

Sadie

I am 4 days into my 2 week pre-op diet. Giving up my addiction to Diet Coke has been difficult. I have had a constant headache for the last four days!! I know it is going to take at least a week. I wanted to do this now instead of the day of surgery..why have headache and surgery pain.

aren't people being told they are to not drink bubbly drinks with their bands? I remember I ordered a fruit punch drink once and it came with bubbles. I took a drink without looking... oh my goodness... it created so much discomfort for me. beside the sweet sryup taste.

I was told that banded people are not to drink bubbly drinks or alchol. So I haven't not had them....

I know abit of my weight came from soda.

I've been trying to cut back on my diet soda intake.I know I have to give it up,for at least a year,but I gave it up to have my children I think I can do it again.I like the sugar free iced tea and the Walmart sugar free packs that you mix in 16.5 oz of Water.< /p>

i am 6 days Post Op and today i had the biggest craving for soda...I found that if i get a small cup and put lots of ice in it and let the soda Water down a bit, its okay to drink. I didnt have any probs. I love the burn of the soda. But I do drink diet and very little. A 2 liter will probably last weeks...

I gave up diet soda cold turkey about 3 weeks ago. I don't really miss it, but sometimes if someone in the house leaves a can of unfinished soda lying around, I find myself reaching for it without thinking. Usually it's some flavor I don't even like!