Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from TX!

Guest JenniferZ

TxBandit...doesn't the state insurance suck?! I am also from Austin and work with the state. I am starting the process! Congratulations on your surgery and your loss!

TxBandit...doesn't the state insurance suck?! I am also from Austin and work with the state. I am starting the process! Congratulations on your surgery and your loss!

Lonestar, I had my consulation with Dr. Ganta this past Thursday. I really did like him and his staff. They will have to get the denial from my primary insurance and then go through my secondary...hopefully I will be approved! Don't they have some sort of support group? I am in Leander.

Hey cklapbandster,

I met with Dr. Ganta on the 28th of December and I am scheduled for surgery on the 14th! I am starting to get a little nervous but I am excited!:whoo:

I am on the pre-op diet of High Protein/Low fat/Low carb....it is not too bad!

Anyway good luck with the insurance, my insurance did not cover it, so I will be self-pay, I feel it will be my best investment yet.

Hi all you Texans. I am actually from NM. But my insurance will only let me have Dr. Frezza from Lubbock or Dr. Acosta from El Paso do my surgery. Anybody using these drs? I live about 6-7 hours away but I will be traveling!

Hello Fellow Texans (and some fellow Houstonians)!!

I live in NW Houston near Tomball. I am going through the Methodist Weight Management Center and have chosen Dr. Garth Davis as my surgeon. My BMI is 41, I am 5'6 and 255. Ugh!

I complete my 3 month supervised diet at the end of February, so should everything go through insurance okay, we are looking at surgery in March!!

Hello fellow Texans..... I am in Tyler. Just registered here. I go Dec. 26 for my orientation. I'd really like to have this done on Spring Break. Think I could get back to teaching in one week? I really think I can. I am excited about this new adventure. MERRY CHRISTMAS to Y'all...

I had my lap band surgery on 01/04/08. I think I will go back to my desk job tomorrow, 1/08/08. I may only put in a half day. I think a week off work will be fine for most teachers. Hope you're not teaching gymnastics. :)

Dr. Davis did my surgery 1/5, I go for visit on Thursday. On Friday I think I will go back to work. My surgery was at University General and I was self pay. I have been pleased with everything so far. How about you?

Hey West Houston folks. I was banded 8-2-06 by Dr. Spivak who was wonderful. I am 65 pounds down with about 20 to go and I feel fantastic. Went from a sendentary lifestyle to exercising 3-5 times per week. Little to no hunger pains, little weight gain and easy to lose. Go for it!

hey robin,

i had same experience with spivak and lapband.

where do you live in west tx. i am in Katy.

I am just east of you in Memorial off of Gessner and Memorial Dr.

Dr. Davis did my surgery 1/5, I go for visit on Thursday. On Friday I think I will go back to work. My surgery was at University General and I was self pay. I have been pleased with everything so far. How about you?

I've done well since surgery on 1/4/08. I had a hernia repair which has caused the soarness to linger. It especially hurts when I yawn, hiccup or sneeeze. uggggggggg I had my surgery in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Merriman was one of the first in the Ark-La-TX to use the lap band. I go back on the 17th for a checkup. I'm still not down to my pre-surgery weight and my belly is still swollen. Guess all those fluids are healing everything. Anyway...hope to be losing weight and keeping it off this time.

Hello

Im also from tx (houston area) Im still looking for a doctor. I will be self-pay too, and dont have insurance, so I think I'm going to Monterrey Mexico. How did yall pay for yalls operation? Did yall get a loan? That is my first option, but i want to know more about that.

:cool:

I am a self pay. My insurance doesn't pay obesity related surgical procedures. I'll be paying through Capital One Medical Finanacing for the next 18 months. The interest Rate was better than my savings account pays.