Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from TX!

Guest JenniferZ

Hi Mayomom

Please tell me how to shop skinny:) I am in the missouri city area, not too far from pearland iwas banded by dr. spiegel on the 19th and I am hungry but can only have mushies and baked fish

Hi Mayomom

Please tell me how to shop skinny:) I am in the missouri city area, not too far from pearland iwas banded by dr. spiegel on the 19th and I am hungry but can only have mushies and baked fish

Good for you! Well, Karen taught me how to shop at the new HEB here in Pearland. There are things she eats that can only be bought at HEB! Like great crab cakes, different lower fat foods, etc. I will be happy to help you all I can! Call me.

Calanne Choate

832.230.1107:hungry:

Hi, I am from the DFW area - I just got my approval letter today from my insurance company. I will call Wednesday to get a surgury date.... can't wait!

I am from Killeen Tx. I had my surgery on 12/20/07. Still feeling some soarness but in all doin ok. I was also self-pay there went my new car also but I am not too sure if it was worth it yet. I am having mixed feelings. I guess im just tired is all. I was on the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to the surgery and lost 15lbs but have'nt lost any additional weight since then?

Where did you have your surgery done I am in Temple. I was banded on 11-29-07 in Waco Tx . I have lost 25lbs

Hi Beth

Congratulations on getting the band and doing something for yourself, as teachers we always find ourselves doing for others and putting ourselves last. I am doing well, I am on the mushy food abd baked fish. I have not been on the scale yet because I was told the first month is for healing and once you have your first fill you should start loosing. Take Care. Where are ypu from and does your district pay for the band, just curious.:scared::clap2:

Hi Beth

Congratulations on getting the band and doing something for yourself, as teachers we always find ourselves doing for others and putting ourselves last. I am doing well, I am on the mushy food abd baked fish. I have not been on the scale yet because I was told the first month is for healing and once you have your first fill you should start loosing. Take Care. Where are ypu from and does your district pay for the band, just curious.:scared::clap2:

Hi Sob and Prissypotz,

I am a teacher as well. I teach in Pearland. *sniff sniff* I had to fork out the money for my surgery. I was banded on the 27th with Dr. Sherman at Baylor. So far so good, but sheesh Im ready for some mushie foods!!

Hello all. Just registered. I am at the end of a six month insurance required supervised weight loss period (worth the wait by the way - my head is in a much better place.)

I am calling tomorrow to get the surgery portion of this ball rolling. Hoping to do the band in February. What a little find this forum has been. I have been reading tons for the last two days.

Looking forward to the and chatting with everyone.

hi i am wondering about dr huacuz can you help sorry not very computer literate but still desparate

Go to the top of the web page and in the light blue tool bar you'll se the word "search: you can then type in any words like "Dr. Lopez" or "mexico" etc to find posts with those words in them.

Hi JenniferZ,

I'm also from Katy (fry/clay) area to be exact. I've done quite a bit of research myself for lab band Dr's. Trying to find one close to Katy so I won't have to drive so far for fills. I'm planning on calling tomorrow and get pricing from several Dr.s I found close to Katy,since I'll be self pay.

I know there are at least 2 Dr.s with good credentials at the North cypress hospital who do LB surgery.

Hello all. Just registered. I am at the end of a six month insurance required supervised weight loss period (worth the wait by the way - my head is in a much better place.)

I am calling tomorrow to get the surgery portion of this ball rolling. Hoping to do the band in February. What a little find this forum has been. I have been reading tons for the last two days.

Looking forward to the and chatting with everyone.

Hey I just got done with my 6 months insurance requirements. The coordinator at the dr's office is looking over all the paperwork and will be submitting all the info soon(I hope). I'm scared and excited all wrapped up. I'm hoping to have the surgery by mid-month in February.

Good Luck and please let me know how you're progress goes...BTW I'm in Northwest Houston (610/290 area)