Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from TX!

Guest JenniferZ

Hi this is my first post or reply. I just had my band on Dec. 21st. Having trouble getting down the 3 shakes a day that my dr. recomends. I lost 16lbs pre op and I think I've lost about 5 more since then. I am already fitting into some jeans that I hadn't been able to wear. I'm a hairdresser and went back to doing hair on the 26th. A little sore but not too bad, mainly where my port is. I'm in North Texas Also.

I was banded today. This morning at approximately 10:30 and it's 11 p.m. central time and I feel great!

I was in some discomfort when I got home but I kept drinking Water, took liquid Extra Strength Tylenol, napped and then walked around for a bit around the house. I took the prescribed liquid pain medication around 8 p.m. (my husband had to get it filled today) but it didn't make me groggy. It just took the edge off. I

Hello from San Antonio, I'm getting my band tomarrow. I will see the New Year in at the NIX Hospital ( Insurance requires an overnight stay).

Dr. Wright from SATX surgeons will be doing my surgery.

Genea

hi jennifer

i live in katy as well. i used dr spivak.

this website is an excellent way to get info on all doctors available in texas. we are lucky...there are alot of them.

my experience with spivak and his staff has been great. just know everyone has different "priorities" in what they need in a doctor.

for me the after care is as important as the surgery day itself.

you can attend each doctor's seminar to get a feel for them and also read on here to see patient feedback.

good luck and let me know if you need more help.

I'm located in San Antonio. My surgery is 01/02/08. Dr. Wright will perform the surgery at True Results Surgery Center out near the medical center.

Excited and very, very nervous!

hello everyone.

I live in East Tx. I was banded on Oct 1 07 by Dr. Aveves in Mexicali Mexico. I was self pay- and the staff, hospital and everyone there is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to say that I reached my first mini-goal 3 days early(was set at Jan 1st) I have lost 47# since surgery!

Monica:

Don't get too discouraged. I lost 38 pounds before surgery and gained 9 pounds the first three days postop. It was all Fluid retention. It's been coming off nicely since then.

Everyone will be seeing less of us in 2008.

Sue

Howdy From Houston, I will be banded tomorow morning by Dr. Scarborough with UT Physcians. I am starving because I have been on a liquid diet for a week. It has been so hard on me and my family because you get a little crazy and cranky when you are hungry!

I am so ready to get this over with so I can eat again!! I am looking forward to the mushy stage with real food. I have Cigna insurance and had to do the six months supervised diet before I was approved. I am so glad to see all the people from Texas and all the success stories. Although I have full confidence in my doctor, I am starting to get NERVOUS! I know its normal and I will get thru it. Just wanted to say thanks to all who post there experiences and encourgement it helps so much. As for all the newbies to the site, welcome and keep reading because you will learn more here than you ever could just from the doctors office. Happy New Year to all. I hope 2008 will be a healthier one for all of us. :kiss2:

I took off the Friday before Thanksgiving break for my surgery (we had off the whole week for thanksgiving), and I went back to school on the Monday after Thanksgiving, no problems. I was still a bit sore and all, but it was WONDERFUL timing, plus I didn't have any excuse for binging over any of the holidays! I'm a jh/hs band director, so I had to be careful with lifting, especially in preparation for the Christmas Concert, but other than that, it's been GREAT.

I'm on the SW side of Houston, btw. Surgeon is Hadar Spivak, who is WONDERFUL!

Thanks for the response SueMagoo:clap2:. Well today is a lot better I am moving around with ease:whoo:. I'm ready to take these stiches out (1/4). I found a Protein Shake that I have altered that taste wonderful. 100% whey (vanilla) with 8 oz of skim milk not Water and I have been using 2 scoops with only 8 oz of milk and a small banana blend it up and BAM it's wonderful, and that's 40grams of Protein. My hair was beautiful before the surgery but now has a straw like texture:confused:. Hopefully this will help the whole wizard of oz thing i have going on. Got on the scale this morning 22 lbs down thank you lord:clap2:. Hope everyone is well.

Hi i thought i replied to this thread. I saw there was someone on here from Austin . Im also in Ausitn . was banded in San Antonio by Dr Rincon .

in July , im down almost 60 lbs ! im almost half way there !!!

Anyway welcome ..

Love

Mindy

Hey guys,

I'm in the Dallas area. I just got banded on December 27th. I'm doing okay. It has been a little hard over the holidays, but I know it will be worth it. I'm very luck that my insurance picked up the tab. It all went so fast. After I did the seminar, etc. it took my insurance only 5 days to approve me.

Please give me strength and keep me in your prayers. Good luck to all of you!

Hi All! I am in Pearland. I was banded by Dr. Spiegel in Houston along with my good girl friend 19 months ago. We have both done very well for old women! It has helped so much to have each other to call daily and discuss any concerns! She taught me how to shop "skinny"!!!! If I can help any of you, do not hesitate to let me know! Happy New Year to All!!!