Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am craving ice cream. It was definitely my guilty pleasure prior to surgery. I’m just wondering how and when everyone is doing if they reincorporate ice cream back into their diet.

Posted (edited)

I eat Yasso bars.. I highly recommend them. They're Greek yogurt, decent Protein and have 100 calories and taste just like ice cream - mint chip and fudge brownie are delicious. I also have a iCreami and make "ice cream" Protein Shakes. But if all else fails - fudgcicles at 40 calories low sugar.

Edited by BlondePatriotInCDA
Typo

I second the yasso bars. They do have 9 grams of added sugar so it would depend on if your plan allows that but I agree they are delicious. I like mint chip and cookie dough.

Yasso bars are really good, with a little Protein boost and the benefit of a single-serving portion size for control. I also love making "nice cream" using frozen fruit and a Yonana machine. So amazing! You don't even have to use bananas (I'm not a huge fan). I have done just frozen mango, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, you name it. My kids love it too. I buy the big bags of frozen fruit and it's a huge treat all summer that I feel good about.

But I have also had a few bites of real ice cream as it is now ice cream season in New England and our dairies have the most amazing choices and quality ingredients. But it's very rich, so I can only eat a small bit at a time. I don't keep ice cream in the house (store bought doesn't compare, anyway), so I have to go out for it, and I won't order my own but always share with a friend so I can just have a few bites. My feeling is you need to find a balance between health and happiness, so I don't think any food is off limits forever. You just have to be sensible and listen to your body to find the right balance.

Thanks for the advice

I can eat it, but not much of it because it makes me feel sort of sick. I know a few bypass people who don't tolerate it at all. Some people can handle it, though - but it's got a lot of sugar and fat in it, so even if you tolerate it, I wouldn't eat much of it. Just an occasional, small treat. I do eat sugar free fudgesicles occasionally. Or I'll stir some unsweetened cocoa powder into some low-calorie vanilla yogurt and top it with a couple tablespoons of sugar free Cool Whip and a few berries to make a "sundae".

Posted (edited)

I love Rebel ice cream. Very low calories, lactose free, low to no sugar, very low carbs, amazing flavors. I get them at Walmart.

Edited by SleeveToBypass2023

I haven't ate ice cream in years honestly, i dont like it much, i never really want it but maybe i just have not tried to have it either because i hate cold foods lol

I got a Ninja Creami in December and now I eat delicious, low-calorie ice cream every single day! A lot of people use Protein Shakes to make Protein ice cream with the Creami, but I get enough protein from other food, so I focus on low-calorie. If you’re an ice cream lover, the Creami is worth its weight in gold.

We have a bunch of a fro-yo places here that you can add your own toppings. So if we go get ice cream we get that. I will usually just nibble on the kids fro-yo because a few bites is enough for my cravings.

29 minutes ago, AmberFL said:

We have a bunch of a fro-yo places here that you can add your own toppings. So if we go get ice cream we get that. I will usually just nibble on the kids fro-yo because a few bites is enough for my cravings.

I love yogurt so much, just found out about frozen yogurt lol didn't know froyo existed

Just now, Rose perez said:

I love yogurt so much, just found out about frozen yogurt lol didn't know froyo existed

its sooooo good!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches