Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start soft food on Wed. Let me know your go-to soft foods.

I did a lot of minced meat dishes - just made sure they had gravies or sauces with them to still keep them moist (rissoles/meat balls, savoury mince, bolognese sauce with zucchini noodles, etc.). Chunky Soups with meat & vegetables, casseroles/stews, omelettes. Would freeze up appropriate portions & then defrost & reheat for work lunch & dinner. Made life very easy only have to cook or prep a meal every few days & to have a variety of options available in my freezer.

I've been taking notes from @Arabesque and got 4 oz containers to prep mini meals in once I can eat again! Things like meatballs are a great tip, they are definitely more tender than chicken breast! I've been thinking that poached chicken thighs might be good because poaching makes the texture so much more tender. I also found this recipe for Keto chicken and dumplings and can tell you now I will be having that as soon as I hit soft foods. That is my ULTIMATE comfort food. LOL I know some also recommend deli meat because the texture is so soft and goes down easy.

In our diet classes we've been encouraged to eat a lot of seafood on the soft food diet because the textures lend themselves well to it. I'm not a huge seafood fan but I've ordered some things to try when I get there. I'm still in the liquid phase right now. It is lasting forever...

6 minutes ago, ChunkCat said:

I've been taking notes from @Arabesque and got 4 oz containers to prep mini meals in once I can eat again! Things like meatballs are a great tip, they are definitely more tender than chicken breast! I've been thinking that poached chicken thighs might be good because poaching makes the texture so much more tender. I also found this recipe for Keto chicken and dumplings and can tell you now I will be having that as soon as I hit soft foods. That is my ULTIMATE comfort food. LOL I know some also recommend deli meat because the texture is so soft and goes down easy.

In our diet classes we've been encouraged to eat a lot of seafood on the soft food diet because the textures lend themselves well to it. I'm not a huge seafood fan but I've ordered some things to try when I get there. I'm still in the liquid phase right now. It is lasting forever...

Would you mind sharing the Keto chicken and dumplings recipe? I definitely want that in my recipe box for now and after surgery. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, diadori said:

Would you mind sharing the Keto chicken and dumplings recipe? I definitely want that in my recipe box for now and after surgery. Thanks!

Sure! It's this one, though I have to figure out how to adapt it to the stovetop. https://ketosisguide.us/keto-crockpot-chicken-and-dumplings-2-1004rk/

I also found this one which looks good too! https://www.thewickednoodle.com/keto-chicken-and-dumplings/

I was getting sick of the sweets like yogurt and Protein Shakes in my initial pureed stage, but I found a few more options once soft food came around.

I actually like the Healthy Choice Lentil Soup.

eggs were one of my favorites since there's a few ways to make it for variation. Typically one scrambled egg mixed with one tablespoon of cottage cheese so it's not as hard. Or just a soft boiled egg.

tuna packets were another. I would mix with cottage cheese and a tiny bit of light mayo. Adds more Protein plus was smooth enough.

And one recipe i was excited with since it made me feel like i was having a Pasta dish/pizza taste was the Ricotta bake.

https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/