Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain/stall 1 month pist

Hi!

I had vsg 8.15 and have lost 24 lbs. This am I seem to be up 3 lbs.

Not off course. Still eating pureed. Cals are between 6 and 700. I meet Protein daily but Water is tough. I usually get 52 ounces vs 64.

I eat 3 meals daily plus 1 snack of string cheese.

I still have some muscle discomfort in tummy area but find I'm emotional a lot.

Dr is happy w progress but I'm super upset with stall or gain when I'm not even eating or drinking off program.

Any thoughts?

do a search on this site for the "three-week stall". You will find over 17,000 posts on it (and no, I am NOT kidding). Happens to almost all of us.

stick to your program, stay off the scale for a few days, and it will break. I promise.

Your body is adjusting, you have to be patient.

I know how discouraging stalls/gains can be . I'm still at a 2 and a half month stall :(

I had my surgery on 8/15 as well. I am still losing steadily. I am still around 400 calories a day, even on soft foods.

First week after surgery was 3.4 pounds down, 2nd week was 14.4, 3rd week was 6.8, 4th week was 6.2, today was 5.4 lost each week. 36.2 pounds lost since surgery (I am on the larger scale for loss tho LOL). 56 pounds down since Pre Op started. 75.2 pounds down since life style changes.

You will get there, my daughter had the surgery the same time I did, and she has hit stalls where she gained .5 pounds one week. I weigh in about 3 times a week, but only 1 is what I record. I am going to start weighing in only once per week. Your body is adjusting so it will take some time.

It's completely normal to see a stall at any point, but yes the notorious 3 week stall can strike anywhere at around that timeframe. It's not anything that you've actually done. At this point it's almost impossible any of us has the capacity to gain real weight. Your body is still healing.

I also have some trouble still at 5 months post getting in my Water goals. Remember that all other liquids can count towards that goal - Soups, Protein water etc. Just keep trying your best day by day.

Remember the scale isn't the only measure of our successes (though it is the biggest tether we have). Forget the scale for a bit and keep working your program. The drop will happen.

As everyone has said, stalls are very common. They actually are Dan important part of your weight loss. It’s when your body takes stock of your constant needs & readjusts things like your hormones ( hunger, satiety, etc.), metabolic rate, etc. The stall will end when your body is ready. You can’t force it, let it take the time it needs. Still frustrating though.

Fluctuations are also perfectly normal. We all fluctuate. You’ll eventually work out your usual fluctuation swing. Mine is about 2 lbs. Some are greater, some are less. Fluid retention, Constipation, diarrhoea, hormones, etc. all contribute. I mean you don’t eat & drink exactly the same foods & fluids in the exact same quantities every day either. Nor do you the exact same activities to burn calories.

Congrats on your weight loss so far. Yay!

On 9/18/2023 at 7:13 AM, Justkeepslimming said:

Hi!

Not off course. Still eating pureed. Cals are between 6 and 700. I meet Protein daily but Water is tough. I usually get 52 ounces vs 64.

Dr is happy w progress but I'm super upset with stall or gain when I'm not even eating or drinking off program.

Any thoughts?

Start taking body measurements if you haven't already. Every month i take my monthly picture, and then take my body measurements. Sometimes even though the scale may not move as fast as we like, you will notice a difference in inches lost. I agree with others on here, don't obsess over the scale. I have to remind myself of this also. I still weigh myself daily but dont record my weight if it is the same. As everyone always says, stick with the program and amazing things will happen for you!!!

On 9/18/2023 at 8:13 AM, Justkeepslimming said:

Hi!

Any thoughts?

When I gained a little. I drop more weight when the stall is gone. For me the stalls come and go. Letting me accomplish my goals . Stick with it.