Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went into this doing a ton of research. I knew to expect the week 2 or 3 stall. But man does it suck when your experiencing it. I haven't got the scale to move in about six days and it just feels so discouraging. I'm only 16 days out from surgery and I know there's so many new things my body is trying to adjust to. I just feel so bummed right now. All the hormonal changes aren't helping with that either. Ugh I cant wait to get past this little plateau.

I feel like I'm losing so slow , I think I'll be prepared for the plateau. I'm a month out from surgery , and lost 12 pounds. My dietician told me to put that scale away !!! It's the old saying "a watched pot never boils" LOL She told me to look for non scale victories when the losing is slow. So far my clothes are looser and I'm not sweating as much .Yeah for me ! LOL

You are both very recent surgeries, and your body is still healing and adjusting to things like, for instance, the hormonal changes and the changes in your Fluid consumption, etc. (and @kla7403 64 pounds especially on a 5'2" person is a LOT! Give yourself the credit you deserve!)

2 hours ago, pintsizedmallrat said:

You are both very recent surgeries, and your body is still healing and adjusting to things like, for instance, the hormonal changes and the changes in your Fluid consumption, etc. (and @kla7403 64 pounds especially on a 5'2" person is a LOT! Give yourself the credit you deserve!)

Only 15 pounds since my surgery date. The other 49 I lost in my pre op phase which started the beginning of the year. My dr requires you to loose weight. My goal was 21 but I really pushed myself to reach 49.

1 hour ago, kla7403 said:

Only 15 pounds since my surgery date. The other 49 I lost in my pre op phase which started the beginning of the year. My dr requires you to loose weight. My goal was 21 but I really pushed myself to reach 49.

I recommend reframing your weight loss mindset. If you can't help but focus on the number, try to look at it as *total* weight lost, not just since surgery. Try to focus on *all* the progress you have made. It can help your morale when you are feeling impatient with yourself.

And absolutely, hide that scale from yourself! The number is only one way to measure your progress. Is it easier to move, breathe? Do you have more stamina? How are your clothes fitting?

Hang in there! 🤗

7 hours ago, kla7403 said:

I lost 16 lbs the first *month*, so you're losing it faster than I am, and we started out about the same weight. So many things affect your rate of weight loss, many of which you have no control over. If you stick to your clinic's plan, the weight will come off, whether fast or slow. I was a slow loser from the get-go, and I ended up two years later having lost 235 lbs (which was 100% of my excess weight). I gained about 20 lbs in year 3 (which is very common), but besides that, I've maintained my loss pretty well. Like you, I also lost a bunch of weight before surgery - and that's one of the factors that'll influence who quickly you lose it, at least during the first month or so. Most of the weight people lose the first month is Water weight, and since you lost 49 lbs before surgery, that water weight was long gone by the time they rolled you into the operating room (same with me...). So don't worry - the weight WILL come off as long as you stick to your clinic's plan.

13 hours ago, kla7403 said:

I went into this doing a ton of research. I knew to expect the week 2 or 3 stall. But man does it suck when your experiencing it. I haven't got the scale to move in about six days and it just feels so discouraging. I'm only 16 days out from surgery and I know there's so many new things my body is trying to adjust to. I just feel so bummed right now. All the hormonal changes aren't helping with that either. Ugh I cant wait to get past this little plateau.

I stalled at 6 months for about 9 weeks it was awful but i stuck to the program and the weight started to come off again. Just saw my surgeon and I am no longer in the obese category, overweight and I quote my Dr. "not by much" I need to lose about 25 more LBS. I know it will be much slower now but i am sticking with it. You will start to lose again don't give up!

Stalls do suck... I am almost a year out and am on a cycle of stall for a month, lose a few pounds, then stall another month and so on... But I am not gaining... so there's that.

Whenever we lose a lot of weight in a short period of time (15 pounds in 16 days), a substantial amount of the pounds lost is actually Water weight. To lose a pound a fat a day, you would need to burn an additional 3500 calories above what you are consuming, which generally is only achieved consistently by peak athletes. If you are sticking to your program's plan, you are still losing fat pounds during a stall as your body regains the excess depleted Fluid. Once your body reaches healthy fluid levels, your scales will start reflecting losses again.

Please don't get discouraged. For most of us, weight loss is not a steady decline but achieved with periods of losses and stalls as our bodies adjust to the changes.

Mine was 6/7. I'm down about 10 pounds since then. I've been a daily weigher for years, but I put the scale away this morning, because I've been obsessing, and because I'm supposedly up like 3 pounds since yesterday, which eating under 600c, isn't possible, lol. I know it's because I need to #2, plus, before surgery I was used to drinking close to a gallon of Water a day, and of course I cannot do that right now, so my body is being an a-hole getting used to the less fluids and wanting to hold on to every single flipping ounce, lol Hey, bodies are weird. Try not to stress.