Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Carla Ogwin said:

Awwww sending prayers your way Veejay

Thanks Carla how are you today?

3 hours ago, Lizrios said:

Exactly! My doctor tries all the products we need to use. It came up randomly in my hospital visit with him. I liked that he does that. He’s done shakes, Vitamins, Bone Broth Soups, and much more. I was amazed.

I love that! Keep trying things to see what you like and dislike. I've heard good things about Fairlife shakes. I like GNC RTD Lean Shakes. Bone Broth is gross to me. I prefer the regular broth haha.

5 hours ago, renae97006 said:

I’m day 4 of VSG I still have alittle gas pains, how long did some of you have pains for?

I'm 3rd day post op and my gas is subsiding a bit. I find that walking helps and I also take gas x every now and then. My incision pain hurts more than anything. Oddly enough, it's only one of them bothering me the most. The one where the stomach came out of.

How much pain is everyone feeling? I had mine done on th 13th and my pain is pretty substantial.. I ran out of pain killers today and ouch, it kind of feels like the incision they took my stomach out of is on fire and being poked and prodded, I have a heating pad on which is helping … it’s pretty swollen and painful to touch, my dr wanted me to go in to check it’s not a hernia but I feel like if it was I’d be in a lot more pain no? Any help suggestions would be super appreciated! Also your on pain experience would be appreciated as well! Has anyone here every had a hernia after?

I had mine done on the 12th. The first few days sucked. I'm in day 5 and it's a little better. If it feels like a burning and it is extremely painful then do what your doctor says. Get it checked out. You have trusted your doctor this far. This isn't something to brush off.

10 minutes ago, Wolfgirl17 said:

I had mine done on the 12th. The first few days sucked. I'm in day 5 and it's a little better. If it feels like a burning and it is extremely painful then do what your doctor says. Get it checked out. You have trusted your doctor this far. This isn't something to brush off.

You’re absolutely right! I am always so embarrassed if I ask just bring a big baby and making peoples jobs harder but your right better safe then sorry

For me it's been 4 days and I have zero pain on my entry spots I continue to run warm Water over them. I have my entire stock of pain meds because I'm a creature of habit I Hate taking meds unless it's life saving for me. So they'll stay in the bag cause I don't need them.

I’m so over the liquid phase I’m ready for the Protein Shakes and eggs. Hurry up time

Renae, that is me all day I'm ready to start so I can get my strength back, I've never ever felt so weak. My body is asking for some kind of salt, nothing taste good to me since surgery, I have an entire picture of chicken broth and it taste disgusting, lord I need some help, my taste has left me

59 minutes ago, Carla Ogwin said:

Renae, that is me all day I'm ready to start so I can get my strength back, I've never ever felt so weak. My body is asking for some kind of salt, nothing taste good to me since surgery, I have an entire picture of chicken broth and it taste disgusting, lord I need some help, my taste has left me

Yes that’s me too! I’m day 10 and so tired of shakes, Water, Jello, and broth. Today broth made me nauseous and sick

1 hour ago, Carla Ogwin said:

Have you tried sugar free Gatorade? Maybe the electrolytes will help. I like the purple and clear one.

Hey Everyone! June 7th gastric bypass surgery recipient here. Everything’s been going great. The pain has finally subsided two days ago. The only thing I can’t really do yet is lay on my side. Hard because I’m a side sleeper. Still on phase 1 liquid diet and really struggling with getting the shakes in. I bought some Protein 2o but it’s only 20 grams of protein. Waiting for my Protein Powder to arrive to mix into my broths and other liquids I take.

Question? Does anyone get a salty aftertaste when trying to eat sweeter items? Examples are sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, plain yogurt with added stevia. It’s been a weird experience.

I had bypass surgery. My medical team advised me beforehand that for a number of patients, the surgery prompts hormonal changes which alters your body's response to food; there is a change in the interest of food and your body will experience the taste and smell of food in a different way. Some food will taste different whilst others might arouse the feeling of nausea. These are all natural. For your lack of energy - drink more Water. I am in the UK - my post op diet is 4 weeks of pureed food followed by 4 weeks of soft food followed by the introduction of 'normal' food; these stages are all initially guided by the dietician. I have not experienced any pain with the surgery. I was not discharged with any torso bands or heat pads or anything like that, nor was i advised to run warm water over the incisions sites. I was strongly advised the incision sites should not be immersed in water for 4 weeks post surgery - the very clear advice was to leave the incision sites ALONE owing to the risk of infection. You are all fabulous for advice and support here but i always tend to check things out with my medical team and that is generally the advice that i adopt xx