Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 minutes ago, Synlee said:

Well my Sh:t Show continues, on Tpn 12 hrs a day, and now saline iv 1 a week to make sure i stay hydrated.. Met with docs again.. they still keep saying give it time, it should improve...My GS was May 8th how much more time? and the doc wont give a timeline. i am now taking 5 different meds for nausea, puking and acid reflux.. even with all that I still struggle every day.. I am tempted to have revision and have them do a bypass to see if it will stops all this. Wish i could find someone who this happened or happening too,, and i pray no one has to go though this, it is exhausting,

I'm so sorry this is happening. Have you talked to your surgeon about a revision?

3 month update!

5/4/23 - Start Pre-surgery diet - 324

5/15/23 - Surgery - 307.6

8/15/23 - 3 month - 242.4

Had my 3 month visit with the dietician and have blown past all of the targets (both the 3m and 6m ones). The year target is down 100 pounds (from the 324), and I am only 18 pounds away from that one. Should be able to hit it by 6 months. Have had very little in the way of side effects. I have thrown up twice when I over ate and had 20-30m of pain after eating some pork that I apparently didn't do right (not sure if I didn't chew it enough or what). I have been pretty low energy only when working out (but that is getting a little better), but have been fine the rest of the day.

I have occassionally had an alcoholic drink (started on vacation and has crept back into one or two drinks a week), but I am trying to be a little more strict about that. Currently reading a book called Wheat Belly that talks about how evil Wheat is. Pretty interesting stuff, but heavy on the science behind it all.

In the past week I have averaged:

975 calories per day, 78g of Protein, 64 oz of Water. Given that I workout in the Texas heat (Crossfit gym), I need to be drinking more fluids, otherwise I am really happy with where I am at. I don't feel like there is anything that I want to eat that I can't (or haven't been) eating already. I cheat a little bit with tortilla chips, but that is really the only thing. Honestly, I feel like this whole process has been as painless as possible. I feel incredibly lucky, especially after hearing Synlee's story (I hope you are doing better!)

6 minutes ago, Lipman said:

3 month update!

5/4/23 - Start Pre-surgery diet - 324

5/15/23 - Surgery - 307.6

8/15/23 - 3 month - 242.4

Had my 3 month visit with the dietician and have blown past all of the targets (both the 3m and 6m ones). The year target is down 100 pounds (from the 324), and I am only 18 pounds away from that one. Should be able to hit it by 6 months. Have had very little in the way of side effects. I have thrown up twice when I over ate and had 20-30m of pain after eating some pork that I apparently didn't do right (not sure if I didn't chew it enough or what). I have been pretty low energy only when working out (but that is getting a little better), but have been fine the rest of the day.

I have occassionally had an alcoholic drink (started on vacation and has crept back into one or two drinks a week), but I am trying to be a little more strict about that. Currently reading a book called Wheat Belly that talks about how evil Wheat is. Pretty interesting stuff, but heavy on the science behind it all.

In the past week I have averaged:

975 calories per day, 78g of Protein, 64 oz of Water. Given that I workout in the Texas heat (Crossfit gym), I need to be drinking more fluids, otherwise I am really happy with where I am at. I don't feel like there is anything that I want to eat that I can't (or haven't been) eating already. I cheat a little bit with tortilla chips, but that is really the only thing. Honestly, I feel like this whole process has been as painless as possible. I feel incredibly lucky, especially after hearing Synlee's story (I hope you are doing better!)

Great job on the progress! Way to be a loser 🤣

I'm down 64 lbs.

SW 262

CW 198

I've gone from a tight size 18 and 2x shirts to a comfortable size 14 and L shirts. I'm super happy with my current progress. Though, the losses have been slower, which is fine as long as I'm still losing. Goal is 160, which is 38 lbs to go. I'm hoping to make that by the end of the year, beginning of next, bit definitely before the year mark. We'll see what happens and what my body has to say about that. I was 160 before and was very comfortable there.

I haven't had too many issues. I had what the doctor thought was dumping, but my only symptom was cramping. And yesterday I had a bit too much ice cream (guilty...working on that) and it made me nauseous, which was the only symptom. Not sure if these were dumping episodes becauae it wasn’t like what I've read about. Still some learning to do.

Otherwise, I make my goals most days and average about 750 calories per day Working out has been an issue and I have no excuse as to why I don't very much. But I'm working on that as well.

Sub 200?!?!

giphy.gif

Edited by Lipman

Lipman, you are killing it! Great job! Lindsay, under 200 is incredible and you're not that far-off your goal. Amazing!

I'm still consistently losing weekly and haven't had a stall since the dreaded 2 week PO one. This week I lost 1.5 kilos (3.3 pounds), I had a similar loss the week before too. Usually they're less so it's been nice!

So I'm 28.7 kilograms (63 pounds) down since the pre op diet. I've lost 18.5% of my total weight. They estimate you lose around 30% on average the first year, I'm well on the way there at 14 weeks PO.

I'm eating really well and had been getting over 70 grams of Protein a day consistently but that's dropped the past week. Some of it was due to little hunger and feeling more restriction. Need to make sure my main meals are a bit higher in protein. I really need to do better with fluids, it's always been an issue. And exercise needs to become a habit, I bought an exercise bike so no excuses now!

Overall though I'm doing great. A bit low energy this week and for some reason I've thrown up my dinner 2 nights in a row? Eating too fast perhaps or my tummy rejected potato that was airfried? First time I'd been sick since surgery.

Lindsay I highly recommend the Ninja Creami if you love your ice cream as you can make your own healthier versions. I've had mine about a month and love it. I have a bowl every day of homemade frozen yoghurt. Last night was vanilla sprinkled with raspberry and coconut granola, 20 grams protein. I made a strawberry one earlier this week using strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries that was soooo good, hubby and 19yo loved it too, definitely making it again.

I hope everyone here is doing well, especially @Synlee.

Hey Congrats to you all for your losses. @CarolineLittle thank you for thoughts. Makes me feel hopeful that some day I can post : hey I lost 20# !! This past week I was pretty good, I was able to eat a lil bit of food. Doc cut my TPN intake to half, and added 2 rounds a week of just saline. its still a crazy about of calories, fat, carbs ect in these bags.. So my weight loss is at a standstill , then 2 days ago everything went down hill, I'm not sure what happen internally ,but my stomach decided it had enough, I started to violently throwing up, I had empty stomach so it was just bright yellow bile, after 10 mins of that , i noticed small blood clots ( insert panic here) , I called doc, explained to them my currant condition.. They are going to do another Endo to get a look at what's going on.. so now it just a wait, for appointment.. I sure it will end up to be nothing, and I will just get.. " give your stomach some time" or "the hormonal changes of the stomach should regulate soon" ugg!! anyway I just take it day by day, I still try and eat and drink a little.. the max intake i can get is around 2 ounces at a time. Then I have to wait about 6 hrs before I can think about trying again.. So here to another week.. and good luck to you all on another successful week.

Edited by Synlee

Will be saying some prayers for you Synlee!

I know I’m late to the party. Surgery date 05/01/2023

I had my surgery may 25th and I’m 3 months post op and I have lost a told of 45 lbs how is everyone else

Well it has been close to 1 month since I last posted... My struggles continue.. I will give the short cliff notes;; had Endo done, they tell me all looks ok.. Same day I had endo I had to get my 2nd PIcc Line removed from the left arm, it failed just after 3 days of being placed. They now tell me I have multiple blood clots in my left arm and shoulder area. GREAT!!! Now I get to be on Blood thinners for who knows how long.. So I leave hospital after removal and getting dosed up on blood thinners , With no guidance on what I'm going to due about my nutrition and hydration, ( I still cant eat/drink more than 2.5 oz every 6ish hours... A week passed and I can tell my body is fighting. fatigue, dizzy, extremely tired. Sept 4th I get my self to the ER.. they know who I am,

I have had to make muilt trips there over the course of all this.. they fill me up with saline and 8 hrs later sent home. I gets a call from my surgeon's office, a PA got my report from ER, and he tells me to get to Hospital ASAP.. doing a direct admit, and i will be having a Central Line put in my chest for my TPN and fluids. I follow doc order,, they inserted Central line into my chest. I I then spent the next 6 days in hospital in awful pain, vomiting uncontrollably, chronic nausea, still cant eat or drink. hooked to 6 different IV bags trying to get my system back on track.. I gained 7# during my stay, YUCK!! anyway I get discharged in same predicament as i was when this all start after my VGS.. So here it now Sept 14th I'm sitting here writing this while hooked to my TPN for the next 18 hours.. I have decided that I will give this nightmare 1 more month, and no matter what condition I am in, I am going to have my Central Line removed and fend for myself anyway I can to keep going, Evens if I fail I will NOT go back on TPN.. What a great life... NOT!!!!!!! I pray no one on here has to deal with the nightmare that I am in.

On 8/19/2023 at 4:57 AM, Synlee said:

Hey Congrats to you all for your losses. @CarolineLittle thank you for thoughts. Makes me feel hopeful that some day I can post : hey I lost 20# !! This past week I was pretty good, I was able to eat a lil bit of food. Doc cut my TPN intake to half, and added 2 rounds a week of just saline. its still a crazy about of calories, fat, carbs ect in these bags.. So my weight loss is at a standstill , then 2 days ago everything went down hill, I'm not sure what happen internally ,but my stomach decided it had enough, I started to violently throwing up, I had empty stomach so it was just bright yellow bile, after 10 mins of that , i noticed small blood clots ( insert panic here) , I called doc, explained to them my currant condition.. They are going to do another Endo to get a look at what's going on.. so now it just a wait, for appointment.. I sure it will end up to be nothing, and I will just get.. " give your stomach some time" or "the hormonal changes of the stomach should regulate soon" ugg!! anyway I just take it day by day, I still try and eat and drink a little.. the max intake i can get is around 2 ounces at a time. Then I have to wait about 6 hrs before I can think about trying again.. So here to another week.. and good luck to you all on another successful week.

Edited by Synlee

On 9/13/2023 at 10:36 AM, cdavidson13 said:

I had my surgery may 25th and I’m 3 months post op and I have lost a told of 45 lbs how is everyone else

Congrats, keep up the good work!

On 8/25/2023 at 2:21 PM, CaliRexx said:

I know I’m late to the party. Surgery date 05/01/2023

congrats and welcome!

4 month update: I am 120 lbs down which also makes me under 300lbs which I haven’t seen since 2014. But today was my nieces birthday party and they had a Water slide. I was able to bring my 18 month old son on the slide more than 30 times. He loved it and the only reason we didn’t do it more was to Velcro brush burns I was getting when the Velcro would unstick. The best none scale victory I have had so far. I am also able to fit in Xl shirt which I haven’t been able to do since high school as well.

8 minutes ago, allisonparrett said:

4 month update: I am 120 lbs down which also makes me under 300lbs which I haven’t seen since 2014. But today was my nieces birthday party and they had a Water slide. I was able to bring my 18 month old son on the slide more than 30 times. He loved it and the only reason we didn’t do it more was to Velcro brush burns I was getting when the Velcro would unstick. The best none scale victory I have had so far. I am also able to fit in Xl shirt which I haven’t been able to do since high school as well.

Fantastic!! It's such a great feeling!

I'm down 75 lbs (15 of that was pre-op diet). I am feeling so great. We went for a 2 mile hike today and I only got winded climbing the super steep hill at 8500 feet elevation. My stamina was great and no pain. I would have this surgery 100 times over. Pre Surgery 262 Current 187

Screenshot_20230916_195132_Photos.jpg

20230430_205241.jpg

That is amazing!! I agree and now wish I would have also done it sooner. I meant to post updated photos but I forgot.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg