Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my revision from sleeve to RNY for GERD 2 days ago. Still sitting in the hospital because I can’t pee! I’m itchy all over and have a Migraine. Whaaa. Sorry, just needed to vent!

Just had my revision from sleeve to RNY for GERD 2 days ago. Still sitting in the hospital because I can’t pee! I’m itchy all over and have a Migraine. Whaaa. Sorry, just needed to vent!
I hope you feel better. What's your pain level and how do you feel currently?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

12 hours ago, incredibleshrinkingnurse said:

That’s so frustrating! Itchy all over sounds like allergy to something….. hope things settle out asap

I had that itchy thing after my second plastic surgery. I was evidently reacting to the tape or adhesive that was used. The surgeon put me on prednisone for ten days, at which time it was safe for him to remove the tape (earlier than usual to remove it - but at least it was safe for him to do so).

After multiple doses of Benadryl and getting home the itching is under control. I first experienced it way back in 2004. Just head to toe intractable itching. Never did figure out why and it flares up every now and again despite taking Zyrtec twice a day.
I keep getting rashes under my breasts and panus. My BMI is only 33 and my blood sugar is normal (not diabetic). I plan to document it as much as possible so I build a case for Kaiser to pay for some future plastic surgeries. Do you have to reach your goal weight in order to qualify?

How far out from the sleeve did you convert to the RNY?

7.5 years. My initial surgeon KNEW I already had reflux and sai “well, you’re just going to have to take omeprazole for the rest of your life “. Then taking omeprazole twice daily failed… I’m so much happier with my new surgeon!

Edited by incredibleshrinkingnurse

I have been on pantoprazole twice daily since surgery and every time the try and decrease it to once daily my symptoms would flare. Well now I continue to be on it twice daily and my symptoms continue to get worse. So yesterday the added Pepcid, Omeprazole and Sucralfate. I am to give that two weeks and then we will decide if I need a EGD done. Barium swallow yesterday did not show anything abnormal. Frustrated and tired of feeling sick.

My father never had surgery but suffered from GERD as long as I can remember. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer last year. That’s what motivated me to get this done. Before surgery I was also on pantoprazole twice daily and still taking tums and GasX daily too. I also wear a CPAP and had unbearable aerophagia every morning. That’s ultimately why I chose to go through with it. My sleeve didn’t help me much with weight loss but I lost 70 lbs earlier this year between the nausea and vomiting!

As I type this I just woke up with similar but milder symptoms and I’m 10 days post op. I really hope it’s just due to the healing process! Everyone I’ve read about says all symptoms of GERD disappear after revision

My father never had surgery but suffered from GERD as long as I can remember. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer last year. That’s what motivated me to get this done. Before surgery I was also on pantoprazole twice daily and still taking tums and GasX daily too. I also wear a CPAP and had unbearable aerophagia every morning. That’s ultimately why I chose to go through with it. My sleeve didn’t help me much with weight loss but I lost 70 lbs earlier this year between the nausea and vomiting!

As I type this I just woke up with similar but milder symptoms and I’m 10 days post op. I really hope it’s just due to the healing process! Everyone I’ve read about says all symptoms of GERD disappear after revision

I am trying to read everything about revision. It's not 100% every time according to some accounts. However, most likely it will be better than before. Good luck to you and keep us updated!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using BariatricPal mobile app