Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Handbag Lovers out there?!?!

NP1978

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if there were any handbag lovers out there. Ever since high school I have been obsessed with handbags, probably because they are one of those accessories that you can buy regardless of your size. While all my friends bought designer clothes...I bought designer handbags (and designer sunglasses - my other love~!)

I love the well-known designers - Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, Dior....but lately have been buying more obscure lines - Botkier, Kooba, Hayden-Harnett, and Mulberry.

So, anyone else share my obsession? What are your favorite lines/handbags?

All of them, my collection is probably at well over 300+

I have a small fortune invested in them. What is even more wrong is that my six year old shares my love of purses and shoes.. At six year's old, she already has a ton of dooney's and juicy's in her collection.

Yeah, I know it is crazy.

I love shoes & purses. I am ALWAYS buying a new set of each. However, I don't have designer taste, I just buy cheap stuff!

I just bought a new one last night from Overstock.com..called a peanut satchel. :scared:

I like handbags, and I have a few, but I've never been willing to pay for them. I stay very practical. A brown purse and black purse for summer, a brown purse and black purse for winter. Right now I'm using a Benetton cheapy because I really liked the looks of it. I'm ultra picky about looks, I am not ultra picky abotu brand or price. That doesn't matter, what matters is do I like it, does it have the compartments I need, etc. Of course, if all of that comes along with a higher price tag, that's fine. :scared:

Actually, the designer stuff can be found a lot cheaper than you think. First of all , I'm a really big online shopper and find great deals online! Besides Louis Vuitton, I have never paid full price on anything. I always use coupon codes, and go through sites like Ebates, that give you cash back for purchases. Second, I'm really lucky and I work in NYC, and go to sample sales all the time. Last night, I bought this fabulous Mulberry bag that retails at 1700 for 499. I know 499 is a lot, but the bag is incredible! There's a Kooba sample sale next week...I can't wait! My husband is so worried that after I lose weight I will also be obsessed with clothes - and our budget cannot handle both bags and clothes!

Umm - just re-read my post and I think I make myself sound like a shoplifter. :scared: By "never willing to pay for them" I mean - if they're otuside of my seasonal basics, and much more than $100 or so, I will pass unless they're perfect.

I like several from Brahmin but not the croco look ones. I'm always partial to most things Coach puts out in brown leather. I don't care for fabric bags.

Wheetsin - I totally agree with you about Fabric vs. Leather. I would rather buy a Leather no name than a Fabric designer bag. If I do decide on a fabric bag, it has to be something totally different, or in a unique color or something.

Yah, I am crazy about handbags, too. They must be leather, and these days they must be big, big enough to carry a couple of sets of eyeglasses, a book, three wallets (!), a bottle of wine, some cheese, a camera, and I won't buy anything made in China. Although I have a couple of black ones and a brown suede one I do have a weakness for ones which come in interesting and unusual colours and shapes. I have a fabulous burnt orange one and another which is yellow and my summer bag is aqua. I wear mostly only black, white and grey; colourful bags look great against these non-colours.

Unless its a small bag for some special reason, I tend to judge bags by book capacity. A bag must absolutely be able to carry a paper back book in addition to other essentials. If it cannot, then I have no use for it. I travel with books. Ability to carry a hardcover/larger paperback is a plus. Ability to carry more than one book is a definite bonus.

In terms of design and aesthetic, I like green leather, and I also like things with skulls on them. I like a bag that I know will hold up well over time. Its so disapointing to find a nice bag and get attached to it and then have it end up dying on me. Of course I like other things as well. I can really only wear about three colors (blue, green, and neutrals) due to my coloring so if I want a bag to match an outfit that will go into consideration. I've noticed I tend to like hobo bags I think, and satchels. But really, a nice bag is a good thing.

I don't spend much on my bags. My income is negative at the moment (student loans), so I just lust after things. Though I have to say the best pair of sunglasses I ever had was a pair of fendi's I got from TKMaxx. They were about 25 dollars and wonderful. I still think of those sunglasses wistfully... I want designer sunglasses. But I worry about the slippery slope. Because then I know it will be designer and other more expensive things like bags, etc.

Though I do have my eye on a cute plaid bag shaped like a daschund. I appreciate fun bags. I don't like bags with those initials all over them. I can be surprisingly picky about things-- this is probably good when it comes to spending money. As I can only buy shoes that fit online, that helps with impulse purchases in that venu. I'm also fond of hats.

I love handbags too! I know everyone and their mother has a Coach bag, but I love them. I also love Chanel Handbags. And if I am feeling really Chic, I might wear my MY Flat In London bag. I was so happy when I finally lost enough weight to wear my Coach purse that was a small hobo style. Before I could barely fit my arm into the strap. :whoo:

I love handbags too..unfortunately its low on my priority list right now just can't afford them. I did get a nice coach leather purse and it lasted me 13 years. I kid you not. Used every day for 13 years..lol. They are amazing handbags.

My mom was going through her purses and was gonna pitch some. She had this Nine west one that she said she hated so yeah..I grabbed it..lol. Although not half as well made as the Coach.

Anyways..one day I'll get my nice handbags again..hehe.

I have a terrible handbag fettish. My cedar chest is so full that I can't close it and that is AFTER I cleaned it out and took out about 2/3 of the bags and sent them to my sisters. But that doesn't stop me from looking and buying more! God help me! I have spent thousands of dollars on just the handbags, not to mention shoes!! Stone Mountain is one of my favorite bags, I too prefer leather over fabric. I do have some nine-west, and goodness knows what else. I check out the coaches, the dooney burkes, and fossils all the time, but I just can't bring myself to spend more than a $100 for a bag. And shoes, oh please. I have shoes coming out of my walkin closet!

I just bought that peanut satchel last time I posted.. and we went to Florida this weekend..

Normally I am partial to suede & leather (mostly brown, I like brown)... but we went to a head shop on the beach.. and they had a really cool hippie purse. I like fabric purses if they are real weird/different looking. This one is like a gradiant color from dark green to black, with yellows in it.. a muslin fabric.. with compartments inside.. and then tiny mirrors woven into the surface along the front. My parents took it from me and said they'd get it for me for x-mas, so I don't get to have it till then.

P10716674.jpg

This is the one I got from overstock last week. I wanted the dark brown, but they were sold out.. so I got the camel brown. Rina Rich is the maker, and I liked a lot of her purse styles.