Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having sugar free chocolate daily?

So, I have been having some Sugar Free Chocolates (about 35 calories, 5 carbs and 2 fat) or Sugar Free Chocolate ice cream (about 1 tbsp and similar macros) may be few times a week.

Would it be too much to do either sugar free chocolate OR 1tbsp of ice cream once a day everyday? I think somewhere they help getting away from same old food schedule. Ofc I also make sure not to go beyond those limits.

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

If you stop loosing weight cut them out but if they aren't effecting your weight loss have them

1 minute ago, SleeverSk said:

If you stop loosing weight cut them out but if they aren't effecting your weight loss have them

It's hard to tell with the weight loss if they directly contribute to it. There are days when I don't lose much while having them and days I still lose while having them.

Weight loss for me as others out here is a cycle of plateau and then lose and so on and so forth.

1 minute ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

It's hard to tell with the weight loss if they directly contribute to it. There are days when I don't lose much while having them and days I still lose while having them.

Weight loss for me as others out here is a cycle of plateau and then lose and so on and so forth.

Yes I am the same. Honestly if you are only having a small amount I can't see the harm, personally I have a coke every other day and the same with chocolate. I am still loosing but half a kilo a week

5 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

Yes I am the same. Honestly if you are only having a small amount I can't see the harm, personally I have a coke every other day and the same with chocolate. I am still loosing but half a kilo a week

Ahhh you're almost at the end of your journey while I still have a long way to go 😂

But I understand what you're saying, it's just the little voice in the head that makes you feel guilty at times 😂 Though I mostly don't slip easily where I go beyond the limit but I also don't like completely restricting myself from treating myself once a day.

What's the old saying, "Everything in moderation." You shouldn't have to eliminate any foods or treats from your diet as long as you keep them in moderation.

Why are you worried about a tablespoon of sugar free ice cream? I assure you this will not affect your weight loss. It has almost no calories. If you start eating the whole carton, then you might reconsider.

I have a serving (about 2/3 cup, 79 g) of Breyer's sugar free ice cream every few days as a treat. I don't feel like I need it every day, but I certainly want more than 1 tablespoon when I want it.

Everyone's weight will drop and plateau; that's just how weight loss is, whether with surgery or without.

This has to be a life-long sustainable journey; you have to enjoy your life or you might just go overboard in reaction to being super strict.

Agree with everyone else. As long as you're tracking your intake and it isn't a bigger portion every time you shouldn't feel remotely guilty.

I have one square of 90% chocolate most days - it's about 50 calories and OMG I enjoy every one of them.

9 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Ahhh you're almost at the end of your journey while I still have a long way to go 😂

But I understand what you're saying, it's just the little voice in the head that makes you feel guilty at times 😂 Though I mostly don't slip easily where I go beyond the limit but I also don't like completely restricting myself from treating myself once a day.

Trust me when I say I have been having little treats all the way along 😆 in the puree food stage I lived KFC mash potatoe and gravy. But small amounts is the key which I really need to remind myself of as my little 300ml coke has turned into 600ml 🤭 😞 and it's not diet.

I have a half cup of Sugar Free Chocolate Jello pudding each day. I mix in Protein Powder and use fairlife milk so that it’s 15g of Protein. It doesn’t mess with my weight loss and helps me get closer to eating enough.