Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

2 days post op and extreme diarrhea (sorry). Is this normal guys??? I can't even drink a sip of Water without it coming out. Again, so sorry just don't know what to do

On 4/15/2022 at 6:54 AM, mlortega said:

Day 1 after surgery getting the gastric sleeve, when they said expect nausea they weren’t kidding I haven’t been able to keep anything thicker than Water down, I woke from surgery vomiting and extreme nausea and discomfort. I was up and walking immediately which made the gas in the shoulders and chest tolerable I’m feeling a little defeated at the moment. I hoping I won’t have to stay another day in the hospital due to the having trouble keeping things down. How’s everyone else?

I hope you are feeling better today. Did your nausea subside? I am so worried about the nausea part since my surgery is right around the corner.

50 minutes ago, Cara_luvnlite said:

2 days post op and extreme diarrhea (sorry). Is this normal guys??? I can't even drink a sip of Water without it coming out. Again, so sorry just don't know what to do

It’s not normal. If you are having more than 3-4 loose or waterey stools and you are unable to keep fluids down please call your doctor. I would stick with sips of plain Water or coconut water. The sugar free stuff might contribute to the issue right now. Any abdominal tenderness outside of surgical sites and gas pains, elevated temperature, chills or sweating should also be reported to your doctor. Generally after surgery we are kinda well hydrated by the IV fluids so we don’t get in trouble with dehydration to fast. There are different meds to slow things down depending on what the doctor feels the issue is.

Be Well,

Tina

On 04/16/2022 at 18:32, Sleeving It Reel said:

I hope you are feeling better today. Did your nausea subside? I am so worried about the nausea part since my surgery is right around the corner.

Nausea is a lot better today! If you are getting the sleeve nausea is a very real thing we gotta face, don’t hesitate in the hospital if you can’t keep the oral meds down ask for an IV anti nausea that helped me quite a bit. Once you get home if you still can’t keep anything down if you have any local infusion spots or even ask your doctor even something as simple as a normal saline drip will help you! Just keep trying to take baby sips those super thick and sweet Protein Drinks may not be the best thing to introduce to your stomach first I found out pretty quick! I wish you good luck!! And so happy you decided to make this choice! ❤️

My surgery is scheduled for April 21st, I’m so nervous now. I hope I’ve done enough and reduced enough of the fat on my liver. Anyone else from Toronto?

Day 3 y’all! My surgeon and nutritionist have both told me I should be feeling better daily and I’m so blessed in my case this is true. No throwing up today everything is staying down! My Water intake is better and I’m currently having some strained cream of chicken Soup that I thinned down with my water to make it easier on my tum! Today I’m focused on trying for more Protein the thick premier Proteins Im waiting for the 1 week mark to try again but I have found these alternatives! V8 has little baby cans that have 10g of protein I found at Walmart and also Gatorade has sugar free with 10g of protein. I also heard of this brand called bipro that carried protein water that has 20g of protein! Premier Protein also has a clear liquid drink that’s high in protein but very sweet, I’m hoping to have some success today with protein intake and get some more walking in! How is everyone else? Anyone want some reviews on the two drinks I’m picking up today? Lots of love ❤️

On 04/17/2022 at 08:58, mlortega said:

Day 3 y’all! My surgeon and nutritionist have both told me I should be feeling better daily and I’m so blessed in my case this is true. No throwing up today everything is staying down! My Water intake is better and I’m currently having some strained cream of chicken Soup that I thinned down with my Water to make it easier on my tum! Today I’m focused on trying for more Protein the thick premier Proteins Im waiting for the 1 week mark to try again but I have found these alternatives! V8 has little baby cans that have 10g of Protein I found at Walmart and also Gatorade has sugar free with 10g of protein. I also heard of this brand called bipro that carried protein water that has 20g of protein! Premier Protein also has a clear liquid drink that’s high in protein but very sweet, I’m hoping to have some success today with protein intake and get some more walking in! How is everyone else? Anyone want some reviews on the two drinks I’m picking up today? Lots of love ❤️

I’m so glad you are feeling better. I’m following your posts, so keep them coming. I’m hoping that I’ll have a May or June surgery date. My insurance packet gets submitted Thursday when my CPAP machine is picked up.
I’ll be looking for your drink reviews…I’m ok with the sweet Premier clear…reminds me of Kool Aid. 🤷🏻‍♀️And I’ve stocked up on Fairlife shakes.
It’s helpful to see how everyone copes with the nausea etc post-op.
Thank you again.

1 hour ago, mlortega said:

Day 3 y’all! My surgeon and nutritionist have both told me I should be feeling better daily and I’m so blessed in my case this is true. No throwing up today everything is staying down! My Water intake is better and I’m currently having some strained cream of chicken Soup that I thinned down with my Water to make it easier on my tum! Today I’m focused on trying for more Protein the thick premier Proteins Im waiting for the 1 week mark to try again but I have found these alternatives! V8 has little baby cans that have 10g of Protein I found at Walmart and also Gatorade has sugar free with 10g of protein. I also heard of this brand called bipro that carried protein water that has 20g of protein! Premier Protein also has a clear liquid drink that’s high in protein but very sweet, I’m hoping to have some success today with protein intake and get some more walking in! How is everyone else? Anyone want some reviews on the two drinks I’m picking up today? Lots of love ❤️

I'm due for a gastric bypass and a hiatal hernia repair in 9 days I've heard a lot of bad reactions post-op it's reassuring to hear some positive good outcomes as well it gives a good balance congratulations on your surgery hope you get better everyday and please keep posting of drinks & food that you consume it's great information for some of us. All the best🙏

Thanks heaps 😊🙏❤️

On 04/17/2022 at 10:54, Merill said:

I'm due for a gastric bypass and a hiatal hernia repair in 9 days I've heard a lot of bad reactions post-op it's reassuring to hear some positive good outcomes as well it gives a good balance congratulations on your surgery hope you get better everyday and please keep posting of drinks & food that you consume it's great information for some of us. All the best🙏

Thanks heaps 😊🙏❤️

I’m do for the same…hiatal hernia repair and gastric bypass…not in 9 days, though. 🙂 At least I don’t think so. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might jump at the chance to get the surgery out of the way soon, though, if given the opportunity. It all depends on my schedule at school. We’ll see. Right now I’m thinking June 10-ish…last day of school.
I’ll be watching for your
updates, Merill. Keep posting.

1 hour ago, Mariann812 said:

I’m do for the same…hiatal hernia repair and gastric bypass…not in 9 days, though. 🙂 At least I don’t think so. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might jump at the chance to get the surgery out of the way soon, though, if given the opportunity. It all depends on my schedule at school. We’ll see. Right now I’m thinking June 10-ish…last day of school.
I’ll be watching for your
updates, Merill. Keep posting.

Hi Marianne hope you're well,

I might be postponed due to a Iron infusion, we'll find out on Tuesday as I had it done on the 14th and I was told it that iron-transfer does not settle before 4 weeks even if there's a blood test it won't give accurate results, the surgery is due soon the results wont be accurate to get the all clear I'm assuming. So it's really up to the hospital to decide what the decision will be with this situation they may postpone they may not I'm just waiting for Tuesday to call them find out but will definitely keep you posted.

On 04/17/2022 at 13:14, Merill said:

Hi Marianne hope you're well,

I might be postponed due to a Iron infusion, we'll find out on Tuesday as I had it done on the 14th and I was told it that iron-transfer does not settle before 4 weeks even if there's a blood test it won't give accurate results, the surgery is due soon the results wont be accurate to get the all clear I'm assuming. So it's really up to the hospital to decide what the decision will be with this situation they may postpone they may not I'm just waiting for Tuesday to call them find out but will definitely keep you posted.

Absolutely keep me posted. Everyone seems to have their own little glitch in this process.
I’m looking forward to your update on Tuesday-ish.
Who knows? At this rate we may be going at the same time. It’s anybody’s guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️

On 3/30/2022 at 11:35 PM, JessM87 said:

I am having surgery the 6th as well and I am due in at 8:30 am, surgery at 10:30 am.

How did you make out? My surgery was at 11. All together since the start of this journey I am now down 60 pounds!!

Hello all. Had my bypass on the 15th. Was discharged day after. And am feeling pretty good. Getting my fluids and trying to walk a bit. Just that little bit of pulling on the right side of my stomach. Managing the pain with just Tylenol so far. From everything I’ve read, I think I’m in good shape. Just trying to spread some of that positive affirmation.

1 hour ago, Von Hudson said:

Hello all. Had my bypass on the 15th. Was discharged day after. And am feeling pretty good. Getting my fluids and trying to walk a bit. Just that little bit of pulling on the right side of my stomach. Managing the pain with just Tylenol so far. From everything I’ve read, I think I’m in good shape. Just trying to spread some of that positive affirmation.

Thanks for the good vibes! My surgery was the 5th. I also managed well with a cpl Tylenol. Amazing! I am on the last hours of my 2 Wk post op liquids diet. My lap sites are healing well, my procedure was a revision of a RNY. I am holding out to get on the scale until I get ready to see my doc on Tue. My favorite knock around jeans are really loose, the will be listed on Posh to sale pretty soon. I went for a great walk today at a nearby park with a jogging trail. I will make that a daily activity! So much better than my backyard laps.
Be Well!

Tina