Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9-days until surgery..

I am 9-days from my surgery date. I am set to start the 7-day liquid diet on Tuesday, but I'm starting tomorrow. I do better when I start fresh for the week. I am very anxious about this next week, any advice?

if yours is all liquid, plus Protein Shakes, it'll be tough - but it'll get easier by day 3 or 4 when your body goes into ketosis. If you're allowed some food, it won't be as bad (some people have a couple of Protein shakes during the day and a small meal for dinner). My clinic's plan was the first - the all liquid one. It's tough - but then again, it does get a bit easier by the 3rd or 4th day.

Edited by catwoman7

It is all liquid, thank you.

Don't forget that sugar-free popsicles count as liquid. As does Gatorade and Jello. Good luck on your surgery. Let us know how it goes.

7 hours ago, Lei-Lei said:

It is all liquid, thank you.

yes - sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello can be a life saver on those all liquid diets. I made a pack of Jello every day and ate the whole frickin bowl of it every night (as in all four servings - or however many there are that a package makes), since it was the only thing I could have that somewhat resembled real food. We were also allowed to have a limited amount of broth and Tomato juice/V8 (I think a cup of each), so I had some of those every day as well. The salt in them made me retain Water, so that made me feel a little fuller.

Ok, great, I didn't realize that the broth was to be limited, thank you.

7 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Don't forget that sugar-free popsicles count as liquid. As does Gatorade and Jello. Good luck on your surgery. Let us know how it goes.

Will do, thanks.

During my pre op diet I just needed to stay busy. I ordered Adult crafts from Amazon. I really found that the diamond art kit kept me distracted so I forgot about food. It’s like paint by number but it’s gems you stick onto a sticky canvas. If you don’t like crafts, stock up on books or whatever you can do to pass a lot of time. The crafts came in handy during recovery as well.

11 hours ago, Lei-Lei said:

Ok, great, I didn't realize that the broth was to be limited, thank you.

it was in my plan - might not be in yours. I think it was in mine because of the sodium, because calorie-wise, it would have been fine. But check with your clinic - they might not limit it in yours.

Thank you all for advice; I'm beginning day 3 of the liquid diet. Sticking to the plan and keeping myself busy as suggested.