Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

1 minute ago, LilaNicole20 said:

So, I cheated on my 2 week liquid diet on Saturday and now the scale is back up 4lbs that didn't drop after going back to the diet full force Sunday. My advice, don't go off it. I only had a bowl of egg drop Soup and a salad at PF Changs and here I am regretting it. In my opinion, it is not worth it to go off the 2 week diet - because it feels really good to see the scale moving down ( I was going down 2 solid lbs. a day before). This diet is totally doable.

Best of luck to everyone!

It is Water weight, take 8oz of luke warm water, cut a fresh lemon into 8 wedges and squeeze one into the water. It works as a natural diuretic and will help push the water you retained. I retain water like the plague. I have easily gained 10 lbs from morning to night in just water and can wake up 10 lbs lighter the next day. The lemon water works like a pro-move for me and everyone I have ever told about it. Good luck, my pre-op diet starts in a few days and I know I will need all the luck I can get!

6 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

It is Water weight, take 8oz of luke warm Water, cut a fresh lemon into 8 wedges and squeeze one into the water. It works as a natural diuretic and will help push the water you retained. I retain water like the plague. I have easily gained 10 lbs from morning to night in just water and can wake up 10 lbs lighter the next day. The lemon water works like a pro-move for me and everyone I have ever told about it. Good luck, my pre-op diet starts in a few days and I know I will need all the luck I can get!

I love you for this reply! Thank you for telling me it is water weight, it probably is. I haven't had a good bm since then either. I am pushing fluids today and I have lemons at home that I will add tonight.

Good luck on your diet, you can do it. I had cut out caffeine 2 weeks prior and sugar one week prior and I do believe that helped me to adjust without headaches or pain.

Cheers to being in the 5'11 club!! We're gonna rock these healthy bodies in due time.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, Toomany#s said:

Very well thought out and written. My surgery is two days after yours. Best wishes to you.

Meg, beautifully stated. My big day is tomorrow o also am filled with a million emotions today….. I wish you all the best in your journey. I am just finishing my preop. I don’t think I cheated other than an extra ounce here or there of fish. I figure I’m going through all this don’t cheat!

I’m already down almost 17 pounds in two weeks. I feel like one of my belts is gone. I’m very nervous about anesthesia due to my apnea … but once the surgery is over I can tackle the next obstacle… one at a time. Lots of xo to everyone going in March!

On 2/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, LilaNicole20 said:

Well said, Meg! 💜

As one wise anesthesia doc told me, if you're going to have a reaction or complication, the hospital is the best place for it to happen. They keep such close watch on every little thing so they can take action at the first hint of something wrong. During surgery you have anesthesia, the surgeon, the surgeon's assistant, and nurses all dedicated to keeping you safe.

Sent from my Z6201V using BariatricPal mobile app

The final countdowns have begun for me. After 5pm only Clear Liquids, at 6pm I'll call the scheduling line and get my arrival time, then I'll take a shower with the special soap and put the nausea patch on. Then it's chill time with my kitties until we go to bed. I need to wake up about 2.5 hours before arrival time to drink a 20 ounce full sugar Gatorade then take another special soap shower.

9 minutes ago, gabbykittyvsg said:

The final countdowns have begun for me. After 5pm only Clear Liquids, at 6pm I'll call the scheduling line and get my arrival time, then I'll take a shower with the special soap and put the nausea patch on. Then it's chill time with my kitties until we go to bed. I need to wake up about 2.5 hours before arrival time to drink a 20 ounce full sugar Gatorade then take another special soap shower.

You've got this!

You got this gabykittyvsg!

3 hours ago, gabbykittyvsg said:

The final countdowns have begun for me.

Go, Kitty, go! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well.

5 hours ago, gabbykittyvsg said:

So exciting! Good luck tomorrow!

10 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

MARCH 21ST HERE!!! Super pumped up and ready.🤩

My pre-op diet starts on the 11th, but that falls on a Friday so I think I am going to start it sooner. I have always felt like sticking with diets, or healthy eating over the weekends is harder so I feel this will be the same. I think starting during the week and getting into a groove before hitting the weekend will be beneficial for me. Good luck to all of us!

I'm on the 21st as well. I see my surgeon Thursday, so I'm not entirely sure about the diet/protocol they use prior to surgery until then. Good luck to you!

7 minutes ago, oyveyy1 said:

It’s surgery month everyone! Best of luck to you all. Would love to follow your journey and progress!

Best of luck to you as well.