Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

On 02/17/2022 at 12:48, Kelly Sweetheart said:

Hi Ashley,

I'm one day before you in Vegas. My preop diet is 2 weeks though. Are you flying? I am nervous about blood clots and the flight home

Hi Kelly!! We should definitely keep in touch since our journeys begin around the same time. But yes, I am flying and worried about blood clots too. I have compression socks and heard a stomach binder will help with the incisions too. I plan to walk around a lot if I can.

On 02/17/2022 at 15:19, oyveyy1 said:

Almost the same stats and surgery day. My surgery is scheduled for March 28th.

CW: 210

GW: 130-140

Height: 5’3”

Best of luck to you!

Yay! Almost surgery twins! We should keep in touch and support each other on this journey too! Best of luck!

On 02/19/2022 at 22:50, Its_Ashley said:

Yay! Almost surgery twins! We should keep in touch and support each other on this journey too! Best of luck!

I agree, I’d love to!

On 2/19/2022 at 11:49 PM, Its_Ashley said:

Hi Kelly!! We should definitely keep in touch since our journeys begin around the same time. But yes, I am flying and worried about blood clots too. I have compression socks and heard a stomach binder will help with the incisions too. I plan to walk around a lot if I can.

Great! I know I’m going to be very nervous, but I’m excited to begin this new healthier life. What exactly is a stomach binder. Is it like Shapewear?

2 hours ago, Kelly Sweetheart said:

Great! I know I’m going to be very nervous, but I’m excited to begin this new healthier life. What exactly is a stomach binder. Is it like Shapewear?

Hi! The binder is like shape wear only it is thicker and has large strips of velcro to hold it tight. It's a white surgical garment - for medical use.

Tomorrow I start my 2 week diet and I was having some major anxiety and urges to eat junk in a last ditch effort to qualm my cravings? I'm not sure what to call it. I hadn't been craving the stuff before I got to the weekend - I felt like I just wanted to binge on everything and anything delicious. Anyone else experience something similar?

28 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

Tomorrow I start my 2 week diet and I was having some major anxiety and urges to eat junk in a last ditch effort to qualm my cravings? I'm not sure what to call it. I hadn't been craving the stuff before I got to the weekend - I felt like I just wanted to binge on everything and anything delicious. Anyone else experience something similar?

I started my pre op diet last Wednesday...it's going pretty good so far. Yesterday was hard though. I think I have heard of the food binge prior to starting as a "food funeral". I definitely attended that funeral LOL!

2 minutes ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

I started my pre op diet last Wednesday...it's going pretty good so far. Yesterday was hard though. I think I have heard of the food binge prior to starting as a "food funeral". I definitely attended that funeral LOL!

I'm worried the days will feel SO long on it. We can do this!!!

I was on my liquid diet for my cancelled surgery over Christmas, New Years, and my Anniversary. I followed the diet to a T before I had to start the liquid diet. This time, I am having a full funeral for all of the foods I will never be able to eat again.

9 minutes ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

The dietician in one of the videos I'm required to watch called it a food funeral. He said the first few days are the worst. I start my diet on 3/10, I think I'll be able to do it. Part of my pattern yo-yo diet was to "shrink my stomach" and stop carb cravings by fasting for at least 24 hours. This was just my psych belief. I've never researched it. But I always began a diet this way. LOL

29 minutes ago, Kelly Sweetheart said:

The dietician in one of the videos I'm required to watch called it a food funeral. He said the first few days are the worst. I start my diet on 3/10, I think I'll be able to do it. Part of my pattern yo-yo diet was to "shrink my stomach" and stop carb cravings by fasting for at least 24 hours. This was just my psych belief. I've never researched it. But I always began a diet this way. LOL

I think that is the video I saw if from! Are you getting it done in Vegas @ Blossom? I am not but found the video through my research. He was right that by day 5 I felt less hungry. I did have a low grade headache for about 4 days and felt slightly nauseous around 3 pm. Hoping today I don't feel nauseous...no headache as of yet. My problem yesterday was my husband having a few glasses of wine in the evening on day 5 and I wanted one but couldn't. I went to bed early 😂 The weekends are going to be hard until I adjust but they always are even if I am just trying to diet.

5 minutes ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

I think that is the video I saw if from! Are you getting it done in Vegas @ Blossom? I am not but found the video through my research. He was right that by day 5 I felt less hungry. I did have a low grade headache for about 4 days and felt slightly nauseous around 3 pm. Hoping today I don't feel nauseous...no headache as of yet. My problem yesterday was my husband having a few glasses of wine in the evening on day 5 and I wanted one but couldn't. I went to bed early 😂 The weekends are going to be hard until I adjust but they always are even if I am just trying to diet.

Yes, I'm having it done in Vegas with Blossom Bariatrics. I've read that some have a liquid only diet. Blossom has 2 Protein Shakes and one small meal with emphasis on Protein. Mine is a two week diet. I'm doing the fast track so I've never met my surgeon. In fact, I can't choose which surgeon. That did concern me, but I really liked everything else, especially the attention to detail. To be honest, I have had 3 surgeries that I didn't get to choose my surgeon. one emergency c section, one emergency Cholectystectomy (gall bladder) and an emergency Salpingo-Oophorectomy (ovary- fallopian tube). At least this one is laproscopic and planned. No huge scar and unplanned.