Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

On 2/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, LizzyLee13 said:

I was originally scheduled for January 4th, then rescheduled for January 25, then again for March 4; now we're settled in for March 11, unless COVID throws something else at us!

That's some major rescheduling. My anxiety would be through the roof.

2 hours ago, gabbykittyvsg said:

Not every surgeon requires a special diet before surgery.

Sent from my Z6201V using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m hoping to be getting my surgery date in a couple weeks. I’m hoping it will be in May,2022. I’m so ready to get rid of this fat and it stay off.

You guys, I am getting so close to my 2 week diet and I am so excited about it. 2 weeks ago I cut out coffee, this week I cut out sugar and so far I have been feeling pretty good. I'm confident that starting my two week diet on the 22nd will be a fairly easy transition on the home stretch to this goal. I need to lose weight ( I gained 120lbs. since November 2019). I was active duty Air Force for 15 years before and this weight has been accompanied with a lot of stress. We lost our baby at 25 weeks in August 2020 - my ultimate reason for this procedure is fertility. I really hope to be pregnant as a result of all this .. and be a super cute mom who can't teach her kids the same bad habits that I picked up by default.

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I’m excited yet also nervous.

My vsg is scheduled on March 25th at Hospital BC with Dr. Illan in Mexico.

It would be lovely to meet a surgery partner on here! I will be starting my one week pre-op diet on March 8th.

HW: 215
CW: 210
GW: 130-140
Height: 5”4

20 minutes ago, Its_Ashley said:

It would be lovely to meet a surgery partner on here! I will be starting my one week pre-op diet on March 8th.

Hi Ashley,

I'm one day before you in Vegas. My preop diet is 2 weeks though. Are you flying? I am nervous about blood clots and the flight home

On 02/17/2022 at 13:24, Its_Ashley said:

Almost the same stats and surgery day. My surgery is scheduled for March 28th.

Height: 5’3”

Best of luck to you!

Good thoughts going out to all! I meet with my primary doc on March 1, have pending authorizations for upper gi and chest X-ray, and then I will get my surgery date. I hope it’s in March. But if it’s not I will keep on swimming (like dory from finding Nemo says)

3 hours ago, Kelly Sweetheart said:

Hi Ashley,

I'm one day before you in Vegas. My preop diet is 2 weeks though. Are you flying? I am nervous about blood clots and the flight home

I did the flying after surgery. Walk around between flights if there is a layover. Pump your ankles up and down while sitting down. You can use compression socks if it makes you more comfortable. I flew Delta, I asked for assistance in the airport due to very long distances between terminals. They had someone come to the flight, help me into a wheelchair, and wheel me to the next terminal. My other advice is take very little with you if you are going alone because you have to carry it unless you have help.

15 hours ago, Toomany#s said:

I did the flying after surgery. Walk around between flights if there is a layover. Pump your ankles up and down while sitting down. You can use compression socks if it makes you more comfortable. I flew Delta, I asked for assistance in the airport due to very long distances between terminals. They had someone come to the flight, help me into a wheelchair, and wheel me to the next terminal. My other advice is take very little with you if you are going alone because you have to carry it unless you have help.

My mother is coming. Mostly moral support, she's 77. I'll definitely pack light

Having doubts! I have my last meeting with the surgeon March 4, then we will set a date for surgery. The thing is I’m still having doubts about whether to go ahead and do this crazy thing to my body, or whether to cancel and stay on the diet roundabout for ever! Is this normal? Should I be 100% sure or not go ahead at all? I flick flack between being sure I should go ahead, and being sure I shouldn’t. I’m worried about having a long recovery, I had an awful year last year with two seperate accidents (horses!) where I broke 4 ribs then broke my back (wedge fracture L1, not wheelchair territory fortunately but dam painful). To be deliberately putting myself through more pain and another recovery feels difficult. But I know once the weight starts coming off I will feel good! I’m also worried that I will put myself through this and then just gain the weight back after a couple of years, this has been the pattern before and somehow I can’t see it being different again. I have fought hard with my weight since I was a child, I’m now 57. I guess I would like to be free of this struggle, but does this surgery really free you, it seems as hard as any regular diet?

On 1/7/2022 at 1:09 PM, LilaNicole20 said:

Hey Guys! So I have a date (again), it's March 8th - meaning my 2 week "liquid" diet will start Feb 22.

The short month of February makes me feel like I've been granted a shortcut somehow! Who else has a date for March??

I am scheduled for March 8 in Mexico

Having doubts! I have my last meeting with the surgeon March 4, then we will set a date for surgery. The thing is I’m still having doubts about whether to go ahead and do this crazy thing to my body, or whether to cancel and stay on the diet roundabout for ever! Is this normal? Should I be 100% sure or not go ahead at all? I flick flack between being sure I should go ahead, and being sure I shouldn’t. I’m worried about having a long recovery, I had an awful year last year with two seperate accidents (horses!) where I broke 4 ribs then broke my back (wedge fracture L1, not wheelchair territory fortunately but dam painful). To be deliberately putting myself through more pain and another recovery feels difficult. But I know once the weight starts coming off I will feel good! I’m also worried that I will put myself through this and then just gain the weight back after a couple of years, this has been the pattern before and somehow I can’t see it being different again. I have fought hard with my weight since I was a child, I’m now 57. I guess I would like to be free of this struggle, but does this surgery really free you, it seems as hard as any regular diet?
Yes it's hard but you can't look at it like another diet. It truly is a whole new way of life. If you don't treat it that way then the chance of success is minimal. I've been successful with the sleeve, kept most of the weight off for 6+ years, but have to convert to bypass due to severe GERD and associated damage to my esophagus. I'm hoping for some additional weight loss (30 pounds would be amazing!!).

Sent from my Z6201V using BariatricPal mobile app