Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band removal for different reasons

How do you update your ticker?

you click on the ticker banner above your ticker and it will take you to the website. Then you log on and it will direct you.

Thanks BJean and congrats on your sleeve!! I know you waited a long time before you revised and glad you finally were able to do it. Good luck with it! I pretty much stopped losing after 6 months, partly because I had some surgeries in January but I think with my age etc...I just wasn't going to do as well as someone a lot younger. Anyway I'm happy to have done as well as I have! Anyway continued success with your sleeve and take care Nancy.:blushing:

jilfinny, I had the band to sleeve revision April 28, this year. I am elated!! I have never been so happy. It has been just exactly what I needed and I am confident that I will reach my goal. In fact, with the band, my goal was 140 but with the sleeve my new goal is 130.

Why go through 2 surgeries? If you have a competent and experienced doctor, there is no reason why you can't have one surgery - thus one set of risks from surgery instead of two. And it should cost less than having two operations.

Do check up on all your options, but I highly recommend the sleeve.

Nanook! it's great to see how far you've come since your band removal. I haven't been posting here at LBT as much and I had missed seeing that you actually got the bypass and how well you're doing! Congratulations! I hope your daughter is continuing to do really well too. I'm very proud of you. I remember some pretty depressing times for both of us.

BJean - I didn't know you had the revision to a sleeve! Did you post anything on R&R about it? Anyway, congrats. I think the sleeve is the surgery I should have but I don't think insurance covers it yet, does it? The band is not working for me like it should. I have a 4cc band and have been filled up to 3cc where I had a lot of problems. At no point did it ever reduce my hunger or give me a feeling of satiety. And hunger is my biggest problem - not eating bad foods. Or junk food. Or fast food. Just having a lot of hunger and a huge appetitie.

I am so glad you found something that works for you. Did your insurance pay for the revision and did the same surgeon do it?

Good luck.

I just had my band removed and have to say it was very emotional, since going in didn't expect that it would be coming out. Surgeon wanted to go in and revise the band, but when he got in he found a lot of adhesion of the stomach to pancreas. Plus, I found out by hearing the nurses talking, not from my surgeon. So I'm really in a quandary what to do next as I don't have answers as to what is the long term effect of having my stomach stapled where the separated it from the pancreas. And not sure if there are no long-term effects, whether I trust my surgeon at this point. Still kind of on an emotional roller-coaster :):( but surgery was just two days ago

trisha

pennreporter

Trish

so sorry to hear this, that is horrible news.Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts.