Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

some surgeons are OK with caffeine, some aren't. If yours is still around, I'd contact him/her and ask.

Caffeine can be harsh in your digestion why it’s a no for some surgeons. Mine was a no caffeine surgeon. No issue because I switched to green tea 20 years ago to reduce my caffeine intake because the caffeine was affecting my sleep. I used to enjoy coffee but don’t miss it at all. I have about 400mls a day & sometimes it’s decaffeinated.

Of course caffeine is addictive - the more you have the more you want & it takes more to get the same effect. If you need caffeine just to walk your dog you may be lacking in something. What are your Vitamin B levels like? (As we age our ability to absorb B Vitamins decreases.) Are you well hydrated? Look for reduced or no caffeine alternatives that will give you a boost: Chia tea, peppermint tea, golden milk, etc. Try some electrolyte drinks to boost your energy. I added 500mls of hydralyte to my daily Fluid intake to boost my energy levels when I was losing - worked a treat.

What about the other B Vitamins? They all play a part in breaking down foods to release nutrients & energy. Deficiencies in Vitamin D does cause fatigue but aren’t you on a very high dose supplement for that? Has it had any impact yet?

I was told to stop before my surgery (especially during the pre op diet) and for a short period after. My plan said once I was getting in all my daily liquids successfully, then I could have ONE cup of caffeinated coffee a day.

I have always had no problem getting in my daily liquids so technically I probably could have had the caffeinated coffee early on but I waited until about 3 or 4 weeks out from surgery before I started having it again.

My surgeon allows 2 caffeinated beverages per day. I used to drink a LOT of coffee every day plus I work 12- hour night shifts 3 nights per week… I start back at work on July 14th so it will be interesting doing so without my usual amount of coffee. I have only been drinking 1 cup of coffee per day since surgery. It hasn’t been a big deal so I’m optimistic every thing will be fine when I get back to work.

My surgeon allowed 2 cups a day.But I'm a hard core coffee drinker (think like 2 pots a day), so I decided to quit coffee during pre op. It wasn't pleasant lol but I don't want anything to hurt my weight loss.

Since surgery , I definitely feel like I have more energy (could be all the protein), and I've learned that what I enjoyed a lot about coffee was the habit of drinking a warm cup of liquid...so I started subbing with some peppermint/chai/chamomile tea.

Sent from my moto g stylus using BariatricPal mobile app