Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

I’ve been worried these past few weeks, since I went on a work trip and felt I messed up with my eating plans. I honestly think I have hit a stall because of this. I’m not seeing or feeling any changes in the way my clothes fit.

HOWEVER....

I just had my yearly OB check up, and for the first time in over 20 years... there weren’t any cysts on my ovaries!!! I have been diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) since I was about 17-18, when I was still a healthy weight. It’s something that wouldn’t go away with diets, medicine, or anything else. NOW, 8 months after my WLS, still weighing about 50 lbs (23Kgs) more than I did as a teenager, I’m PCOS-free, with no meds!!!

And chatting about it with my medical team, they reminded me that the changes are not only on the scale.. but the overall improvement of our health. And not to let a little bump on the way (trip) or a stall to negate all the progress that I’ve made.

Peanut Butter is calorie dense. A little goes a long way given your very low calorie restriction right now, so watch your portion size.

---

Note: this isn't the best thread for this question as it's focused on non-scale victories. There are other threads about post-op food choices.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1048-food-and-nutrition/

Edited by losinglosinglosing

On 8/17/2023 at 1:34 PM, Nepenthe44 said:

I bought my first pair of jeans, or any sort of pants that button and zip, since college a month or so ago. I still hate how they look, because all the weight I have left to lose seems to have just melted generally down but it's something.

And I'll get to do the jeans shopping again soon, because they're saggy baggy now.

Back when I wore jeans last, the style was ultra-low rise with a flared leg. I'm really digging the high-waisted skinny style. It's like a hug from your ankles to your ribs, like those squeezing thundershirts that they put on dogs afraid of thunderstorms.

Update: no more nice squeezing sensation. They're so loose that I don't even have to unzip them to get them on or off.

2 hours ago, Nepenthe44 said:

Update: no more nice squeezing sensation. They're so loose that I don't even have to unzip them to get them on or off.

I haven't lost anywhere near that much but I was so happy to fit into my 1x clothes then into some 1x and XL clothes at the mall yesterday and even bought a sexy lingerie outfit that husb. loved. I keep finding things in closets and drawers that now fit that did not before (many new with tags) and I've got about the equivalent of 3 or 4 large closets of clothes I'm trying to figure out how to start selling to hopefully recoup some of my money back to buy a new wardrobe. I almost sent them in to an online consignment store but read bad reviews and changed my mind.

It's a shame we couldn't have regional clothes swaps for bariatric pals! I've heard of women who do this in larger cities where they gather and bring in 10-30 pieces of nice, gently used clothes and swap pieces with others.

I may look up the specifics and see if I can get something together if I can't find a way to sell.

We went for a short staycation over the weekend to Celebrate my 41st birthday. We spent most of time playing in the nearby theme parks and Water park and my kids wanted to try almost all the rides. Daddy was more than confident and happy to join the fun too. The fun we all had specially my son who very happy that daddy is riding with him made the WLS all worth it.

Here is daddy squeezed into a tiny police car and train ride with little princess.

IMG_2100.jpeg.f953ad5d6fc53b322fd6b0569a12dd55.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg.7f92b5b3d57678b5ed451c6f2d390b00.jpeg

We went shopping also and I got two shirts (as if I need more haha) in XS size which fit me like a glove. I'm still in disbelief. That was the best birthday ever.

IMG_2127.thumb.JPG.c88bfabc615ef63a2b6aa29bef230b4d.JPG

18 minutes ago, HeatherE said:

So happy for you! I took my son zip lining in Sri Lanka over the summer. He would never had done it himself and unfortunately my husband exceeded the 200 pound weight limit. Was so thankful i could go with my nine year old!

That is awesome! We are going zip lining next. Luckily all the rides had 80 kg limit except for one which was limited to 70 kg. I'm glad you both had fun. My wife was relieved she didn't have to go on all the rides with them anymore haha.

I am 6 days post-op and was able to tighten my Fitbit watch by 1 notch. It's the lil changes that make all the difference 🙂

On 10/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, gadgetgirl68 said:

I am 6 days post-op and was able to tighten my Fitbit watch by 1 notch. It's the lil changes that make all the difference 🙂

That is so true! All the little things add up to be big things! Congrats to you!

So I just had open bladder surgery(not bypass related or caused) and had to stay in the hospital post opp...I was SO scared when they went to move me from my strecher to my room bed but it was EASY! I had m my bypass surgery 6/22 and I'm 130lbs down. Aside from the post op pneumonia everything about this surgery has been easier, walking, moving, standing, showing and I have a 3+ inch incision going from my belly button down, 15+staples and 7 stitches on my bladder on the inside. It's one of the biggest Surgeries I've ever had and pneumonia aside pretty easy recovery so far.

Went on a cruise, wore shorts and dresses all week no chaffing, I went snorkeling and remembered how to swim, and walk everywhere with no issues.

These were so fun to read, and looking forward to experiencing a lot of them myself. I had my survey on July 13, 2023.

My best one so far is being able to sit without any issues with my legs crossed!!

7 minutes ago, KathyVSG said:

These were so fun to read, and looking forward to experiencing a lot of them myself. I had my survey on July 13, 2023.

My best one so far is being able to sit without any issues with my legs crossed!!

That is my ultimate favorite!! AND THEY STAY BY THEMSELVES!!! No death grip on my ankle to hold them there.