Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 4/3/2021 at 11:33 PM, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I hv tried the Protein Drink &added fruit & ice to Make a shake. I had a slice of cinnamon bread w a teaspoon of Peanut Butter & 1slice of Romain lettuce w a teaspoon of mayo & a flour of low salt turkey (i took out 2pieces of lettuces thinking i was gonna eat both, but I couldn't so i saved that for later. All of this wasn't in 1 seating... 😆 plus my exercise. O only lost 3lbs in 1 month. I'm doing something wrong of i can't lose more than that? Other days I'll eat oatmeal in the a.m., fish & lettuce & sugar free ice pops & chicken with a salad... no tomatoes. But I'll b starving after an hr of eating. I measure everything

What am I doing wrong?!

Not claiming I'm a fast loser compared to others with my stats but... I recommend buying GENEPRO (you can get it in the BP store or on Amazon) and add it to your oatmeal and drinks for Protein. I tried many other unflavored protein powders to avoid the Genepro cost and believe me, it's worth it. You don't need nearly as much Genepro, it's 56 calories vs 130 calories, has 30g of protein & mixes well with liquids warm and cold. Most importantly, there's no taste. I recommend not comparing yourself to others on this board. If your doctor is more concerned you didn't lose X amount of weight, I'd tell him/her what you're doing and ask for advice. To be honest, I picked a surgeon that only expects patients to lose half their goal weight in a single year. 8 pounds a month MAX. I was self pay and my yoyo dieting had my metabolism all screwed up. Why have surgery if you're just gonna restrict and over exercise? I was "only" 203 lbs 5'5" at surgery and my loss was slow from the start. This is for life. And saggy skin is not attractive.

1 hour ago, outofusernames said:

Not claiming I'm a fast loser compared to others with my stats but... I recommend buying GENEPRO (you can get it in the BP store or on Amazon) and add it to your oatmeal and drinks for Protein. I tried many other unflavored Protein powders to avoid the GENEPRO cost and believe me, it's worth it. You don't need nearly as much Genepro, it's 56 calories vs 130 calories, has 30g of protein & mixes well with liquids warm and cold. Most importantly, there's no taste. I recommend not comparing yourself to others on this board. If your doctor is more concerned you didn't lose X amount of weight, I'd tell him/her what you're doing and ask for advice. To be honest, I picked a surgeon that only expects patients to lose half their goal weight in a single year. 8 pounds a month MAX. I was self pay and my yoyo dieting had my metabolism all screwed up. Why have surgery if you're just gonna restrict and over exercise? I was "only" 203 lbs 5'5" at surgery and my loss was slow from the start. This is for life. And saggy skin is not attractive.

I so agree w u. But try telling that to my Dr. The last visit I swear we were literally YELLING in the office b4 I took a deep breath & ignored him like I use to do w my kids when they were lil. All he kept saying is that I was CHEATING! On what I couldn't tell u. I went from liquid diet - soft foods. Yes there was another discussion on that bcuz I was looking forward to the Puree stage. I am NOW losing weight. Bcuz I went back to the book & just extended my FULL liquid for an extra week along w my soft foods. High Protein, Protein & lil veggies along w my sugar free ice pops & Jello. If lost 6lbs but I hv another 4lbs to lose by Weds.. 😆... I'll b glad if I lose another 3lbs. I feel losing slowly is better than a running a marathon. So I'm good. But I hate to c this dr come Weds

Goals shouldn’t be based on pounds lost bc our bodies are unpredictable. Goals should be activity-based. Also, your doctor sounds abusive and I think you know that. No one is going to make you see him and he cannot reverse your operation as punishment. Find a new doctor but in the meantime, drop this guy.

Raisin bread only has 100 calories &that's the only starch I hv.... DON'T MAKE ME CHOSE (CRYING) ok Imma give up the cinnamon raisin bread but that's usually one a day. I'm tryna mix things up. I gotta get my weight down so I don't hv to hear my Dr in 10days. My weight IS going dwn but very slllooowly.
I hear you but she's right no bread. All I tji k about is food I'm 5 day post op still on clear and miserable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, BariBarbie said:

I hear you but she's right no bread. All I tji k about is food I'm 5 day post op still on clear and miserable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah,I hear y'all... I've quit the bread & noodles for now. So I've lost 5lbs total... hoping to lose 1 more lbs b4 Weds 😆 bcuz I no old Dr Meanie is gonna say 6LBS IS NOT ENUF!

My surgeon says that your meals should be followed up with Protein Shakes. So between your small meals, you also will be consuming Water and Protein shakes. This is supposed to curb hunger and allow you to get in that recommended amount of protein.

34 minutes ago, FadingIrish said:

My surgeon says that your meals should be followed up with Protein Shakes. So between your small meals, you also will be consuming Water and Protein shakes. This is supposed to curb hunger and allow you to get in that recommended amount of Protein.

My surgeon said 1 Protein Shake & Water. In between my meals & THAT protein shake is considered a meal. In drinking water that's no problem. It's the meals... I'm thinking I'm getting the hang of it tho. Not so hungry just hv to remember to eat every 2-3hrs and finish around 7-730pm

Thanks bcuz I've gone back to my book to try & figure out where im suppose to b about 3 months out. I'm still losing weight (thank goodness)

I find with me, it’s not so much the calories but the carbs that stalls my weight loss. How many carbs in the raisin bread?

Can you try increasing green vegetables?

some Protein Bars have a lot of sugar. Peanut Butter is high in fat & sugar -not good. maybe try eating a lot more vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, greens. Protein from chicken is better than from Premier Protein.< /p>

Mental hungry is serious and it is something I went through until understood it. I read a book called Bariatric Mindset Success by Kristian Lloyd and it help me understand how mental hunger wasn’t just me.
But, ask your self “is it pouch worthy?”
Now I think it was a good book. Check it out see what you think.

10 hours ago, BDL58 said:

I find with me, it’s not so much the calories but the carbs that stalls my weight loss. How many carbs in the raisin bread?

18 grams - 7٪ & 2gram sugar

But I've stop eating bread & Pasta. I'm dwn to 199lbs. Following my stupid Dr's advice was throwing me off so I've bn talking to my friends that's had the GS & their ways bn working. My anxiety is up bcuz I hv an appt w him tomorrow. UUUUGH! I HATE his visits.