Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

5 hours ago, Kimberly1983@@ said:

My goal was 224 at my pre op appointment I weighed 217

Congrats! I wasnt weighed at my pre-op appointment. Not by my program or the hospital (had both appointments on the same day). I was a little surprised that no one weighed me.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:52 PM, Kimberly1983@@ said:

I’m scheduled for March 26th I’m a excited nervous wreck lol

Hope your surgery went well!

Hi Everyone! New to the forum. Decided after years of being overweight and uncomfortable in my own body, to finally take care of me. Have had all my pre-op testing. Passed everything with no issues. Hoping to hear from pre-op coordinator on my surgery consult date next week. Would love to get surgery scheduled by the end of April!

Ready for a better, healthier version of me! 😊

Hello all, hope you all had a good Friday! This site has been very helpful. It's very helpful connecting with people here. This will be a significant support for me during this process as I have not talked with many people in my life about having the surgery. With COVID still alive and well, family would be very concerned about me having a surgery right now. Plus, they are states away. I live here alone, so I'm doing the best I can to prepare as much in advance.

Productive day of cleaning out the pantry of stuff I won't eat ever again or maybe for a few months. I live alone so I don't have any worries about bad or tempting stuff being in the house , lol. Bought a few supplies. Packed my hospital bag. My surgery is not until April 6, but I don't want to spend my final weekend running around. Surgery is on a Tuesday. The weekend before, I want to be home relaxing and nursing my nerves, hahaha

So, I'm doing my prep work this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

3 hours ago, Luna Girl said:

Hi Everyone! New to the forum. Decided after years of being overweight and uncomfortable in my own body, to finally take care of me. Have had all my pre-op testing. Passed everything with no issues. Hoping to hear from pre-op coordinator on my surgery consult date next week. Would love to get surgery scheduled by the end of April!

Ready for a better, healthier version of me! 😊

Welcome and congrats!

11 hours ago, Kimberly1983@@ said:

Then I weighed myself On 21st it was. Scary how fast weight can come back

How are you doing? How was your surgery?

On 3/25/2021 at 2:14 PM, Delta Lisa said:

My surgery date is 4/7. Excited but extremely nervous. I started my preop diet this week and it is going well. I am stocking for the liquid phase but don't have many ideas for the pureed stage but I have a little time to think about it. One nice thing is my job is letting me work from home for the preop through the 6 week after so I can adjust my eating at home while still be able to work.

Might I suggest googling "post op bariatric smoothies" and "post op bariatric soups"?

My best friend had her sleeve done 3/18 & blends & strains smoothies made with whey Protein Powder, skim milk, frozen blueberries & bananas, frozen strawberries. She recently added some sugar free Greek yogurt with good success.

Soups are Campbell's cream of (chicken, mushroom, celery) with ricotta, milk & seasonings blended and strained for good measure but there's several good squash soups that people seem to love as well.

Good luck and great job preparing in advance!

On 3/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, luvlyleggs said:

Hi everyone, i am new to this community and hoping i will get some advice motivation and support. I am scheduled for April 27 and i am so nervous lol

Same here. I'm scheduled for April too. I'm nervous even though I believe this is the right decision for me. What are you doing to prepare yourself emotionally?

Honestly @LRJ I am mentally preparing myself along with staying consistent with eating the right foods. At some point I will ween off of eating and start just drinking liquids so when it's time I'll be accustomed to it. It's definitely not easy but I need this so I know I can do it. What about you? When is your day? And where are you located?

8 hours ago, LRJ said:

Same here. I'm scheduled for April too. I'm nervous even though I believe this is the right decision for me. What are you doing to prepare yourself emotionally?

8 hours ago, LRJ said:

I am also scheduled in april for the 29th. I am not nervous. I prepare myself emotionally by thinking about the positive aspects of getting bypass surgery. Actually I feel like 04/29 couldnt get here fast enough for me.

9 hours ago, luvlyleggs said:

Honestly @LRJ I am mentally preparing myself along with staying consistent with eating the right foods. At some point I will ween off of eating and start just drinking liquids so when it's time I'll be accustomed to it. It's definitely not easy but I need this so I know I can do it. What about you? When is your day? And where are you located?

I'm reminding myself of all of the reasons this is good for my health. Still nervous about having surgery and hoping there will be no problems Healthwise afterward. It's the fear of the unknown. I'm scheduled for 4/12.

Edited by LRJ

@LRJ you will be just fine....we will be fine. My daughter has been stressing me out and every now and then I think about not wanting to do the surgery. But I have to think of myself and my health first.