Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

3 hours ago, LisLuva86 said:

Am scheduled for April 26 Ive honestly never been so terrified in my life and not to mention super unprepared everything is so expensive i have no idea how am going to afford all these Protein Shakes and Vitamins 😫

They are expensive but it’s an investment in yourself. Most nutritionists try to get you off the shakes as soon as possible and getting your Protein from real food. To do that you will be spending more on food though so just keep that in mind. These are not really temporary expenses. They are lifelong commitments.

3 hours ago, Fine country said:

My surgery is 4/10 and I am really scared. Apart from two friends of mine, i have no other suppose system except this forum. I decided not to tell my friends because they will surely discourage me and my health is failing. This is a life saving decision for me but I feel my friends will not understand.

This forum made me book my surgery date. Very supportive group here. I just want to say thank you to everyone for their contribution and advice. I have been here for months reading stories and different advices. Today i decided to make a profile and join. Very happy to be here. I will be asking a lot of questions before my surgery and after, please remain kind.

I have my surgery 4/6. It is important in my life to make decisions driven by inner knowing. I do not feel fear when I check in with my body and that’s how I know it’s right. Sometimes I get in my head and read a bunch of negative stories, but my body does not feel fear. It feels a sense of calm and resolve. It was essential that my body could validate my decision so I do a lot of practices to check in. I’ve honed these skills over time.

The easiest thing is called muscle testing. It is the act of asking your body a question and seeing how your muscles respond. You can google this, but I’ll briefly describe one technique. Stand with your knees slightly bent (not locked) and close your eyes. Ask yourself a fairly easy yes/no question that you know the answer to, like- “do I love my dog?” Most likely, you’ll lean forward. Most people lean forward for their yes, backward for their no. Some people might lean to the right side for yes, left side for no. Once you’ve tested your yes/no muscle responses, ask yourself questions about the surgery - “is the surgery right for me? Will I become healthier? Is the surgery safe for me?” Etc. Focus on the question, not the answer. Your body will naturally answer.

Another practice is to sit still in a quiet place. I’ll say a statement in my head, and visualize the statement sort of moving down my body. If it easily settles in my waist/hips, then it’s true for me. If it gets stuck at chest/shoulders, then it’s not true for me.

The last thing is a bit wild but very effective. It’s a practice from mama Gena (look her up!) where I literally ask my p***y a question. If I feel a sense of turn on as a response, it’s a yes.

This is not to convince you in any way that because you’re scared, it’s not right. I just wanted to share tools that might help look past the fear, that might give you reassurance.

good luck! 🍀

I just signed up and this is the only forum I'm signed up with. My surgery date is May 5th (Cinco de Mayo), Pre-op classes are April 20th and I'm worried that I will not be under BMI 50% and have to take the shots to prevent blood clots. Did anyone else have to give themselves shots at home?

1 hour ago, luvlyleggs said:

@LisLuva86 when will you start you preop diet? My surgery is the 27 day after you.

Today is the 25th so liquids it is .......water. Protein Shake sugar free popsicle. Some sugar free Jello Some broth But it works cause I don’t even have an appetite Lol

3 hours ago, WanderingHeart said:

I have my surgery 4/6. It is important in my life to make decisions driven by inner knowing. I do not feel fear when I check in with my body and that’s how I know it’s right. Sometimes I get in my head and read a bunch of negative stories, but my body does not feel fear. It feels a sense of calm and resolve. It was essential that my body could validate my decision so I do a lot of practices to check in. I’ve honed these skills over time.

The easiest thing is called muscle testing. It is the act of asking your body a question and seeing how your muscles respond. You can google this, but I’ll briefly describe one technique. Stand with your knees slightly bent (not locked) and close your eyes. Ask yourself a fairly easy yes/no question that you know the answer to, like- “do I love my dog?” Most likely, you’ll lean forward. Most people lean forward for their yes, backward for their no. Some people might lean to the right side for yes, left side for no. Once you’ve tested your yes/no muscle responses, ask yourself questions about the surgery - “is the surgery right for me? Will I become healthier? Is the surgery safe for me?” Etc. Focus on the question, not the answer. Your body will naturally answer.

Another practice is to sit still in a quiet place. I’ll say a statement in my head, and visualize the statement sort of moving down my body. If it easily settles in my waist/hips, then it’s true for me. If it gets stuck at chest/shoulders, then it’s not true for me.

The last thing is a bit wild but very effective. It’s a practice from mama Gena (look her up!) where I literally ask my p***y a question. If I feel a sense of turn on as a response, it’s a yes.

This is not to convince you in any way that because you’re scared, it’s not right. I just wanted to share tools that might help look past the fear, that might give you reassurance.

good luck! 🍀

I will definitely try this today

@Kimberly1983@@ yes I'm scheduled for April 27. I was told to start my liquid diet 2 wks before the surgery.

I need to get a hip replacement and the weight is making it worst so doing the sleeve will take lots of the weight off and the hip replacement won't be as needed right away.

@rklingsmithjr I bought iconic Protein Shakes and pirq Protein shakes from their siteS (20% off each when you join their mailing lists). I also got some collagen powder & Miralax from Amazon even though it pains me to support them. I’m cooking some homemade broth now! Picking up fresh veggies and eggs tomorrow, starting pre-op diet on Saturday