Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSVs!

I put away two big tubs of plus-sized clothes - banished to the attic!

Someone finally noticed and commented on my weightloss today and said I looked terrific!

At the party, I also ate very little, including slivers of pie and cake and felt great! I may not have lost but typically I would have eaten a lot and probably gained so I still consider that a victory! ;)

Yes, we are doing great! I love this group of November bandsters because we really have a good attitude here! :clap2:

Absolutely, LH! That IS a great victory!

Well,

I had to break down and buy a new pair of jeans yesterday. I am wearing them today! My old slacks and jeans were a waist size 54 and these are a 48 waist! They feel great and look decent too. The best part... Wally World has finally added some fashionable jeans to the fat boy rack! They were only 10 dollars. Once I get to size 44, they will drop to $8!!! Cant wait to wear 8 dollar jeans. I will get some name brand jeans once I am a bit closer to my goal.

Well,

I had to break down and buy a new pair of jeans yesterday. I am wearing them today! My old slacks and jeans were a waist size 54 and these are a 48 waist! They feel great and look decent too. The best part... Wally World has finally added some fashionable jeans to the fat boy rack! They were only 10 dollars. Once I get to size 44, they will drop to $8!!! Cant wait to wear 8 dollar jeans. I will get some name brand jeans once I am a bit closer to my goal.

Congrats Cagstorm!

You must feel so excited. I have been putting off buying new clothes because I want to lose a little more prior to buying some new things. I really need some new tops because I am losing weight from the waist up at this point or least it feels that way.

Here's to having to buy new clothes!

I've pulled out 2 pairs of pants that I had stopped wearing because they were too tight... they look great on my bootie! When I put on clothes that are too baggy, I immediately put it into the Goodwill box to be given away. I will never wear those big sizes again... AND- I will be going to Goodwill to pick up new smaller clothes, because like someone else said, I can't really afford to re-outfit myself several times over the next couple years! Did anyone see the Biggest Loser Finale?!?!?! The participants looked so great, naturally skinny even. If they can do it, so can I. Watch out!!!!!!!!!!

today I was at work and all of sudden my pants fall down and my belly was exposed I wasn't even ashame just pull them back up above the waist and smiled.:rolleyes:D

I have another one today...

I was looking for a shirt to wear today and I saw one stashed WAY back in the closet. This is a shirt I bought back in college and only wore for a short time because I was gaining weight. I did Atkins 3 yrs ago and got to wear it for about a month then. WELL... Today I am proud to say that I am wearing a shirt that I haven't really worn for over 8 years! I can't believe that things are happening so quickly!

BTW, for all those fashion guru's out there... I try to buy clothes that are "timeless" this shirt still looks like it is in style... But not that I care. I have been wearing fat-boy pants from Wally-world for years!

Cagstorm you are so funny!!

Congrats on your tremendous achievement to date....Guys always lose faster than us broads...LOL

It is nice to see everyone so upbeat and positive how things are changing for them.

Makes another reason that I love this board and our November group so much!!

Congrats on your tremendous achievement to date....Guys always lose faster than us broads...LOL

It is nice to see everyone so upbeat and positive how things are changing for them.

Kristin-

Look at the ticker, you are doing great. I too love all us November Nymphs too! I would love to start a thread that tracks how much weight we are losing as a group. I think that it would be awesome to see how much weight we have lost all together. I am sure it is a lot.

I have an NSV..I own a country store here in MA and all my customers cannot figure out what is changing about me. Usually they ask if I have done something different with my hair but then they say that boy you are looking younger. I finally break down and tell them that I have lost 53lbs. they are like wow it is amazing how much younger you look.

I just love that because in a few weeks, I will be turning 40 eeeek! This Band was a gift to myself for being overweight over 35 years and wanting to change my life for next 40 years.

Did I mention I love this band.

I've pulled out 2 pairs of pants that I had stopped wearing because they were too tight... they look great on my bootie! When I put on clothes that are too baggy, I immediately put it into the Goodwill box to be given away. I will never wear those big sizes again... AND- I will be going to Goodwill to pick up new smaller clothes, because like someone else said, I can't really afford to re-outfit myself several times over the next couple years! Did anyone see the Biggest Loser Finale?!?!?! The participants looked so great, naturally skinny even. If they can do it, so can I. Watch out!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for "new to you" pants!! I can't wait to wear some of mine that are stashed away! I'll be shopping at our local thrift shop as I go down sizes, too...that stuff can get expensive! Plus, they'll get it back soon enough, anyway, as I blow through sizes. LOL

today I was at work and all of sudden my pants fall down and my belly was exposed I wasn't even ashame just pull them back up above the waist and smiled.:rolleyes:D

Haha! I don't think I'd be ashamed, either - what a great accomplishment!!

I have another one today...

I was looking for a shirt to wear today and I saw one stashed WAY back in the closet. This is a shirt I bought back in college and only wore for a short time because I was gaining weight. I did Atkins 3 yrs ago and got to wear it for about a month then. WELL... Today I am proud to say that I am wearing a shirt that I haven't really worn for over 8 years! I can't believe that things are happening so quickly!

BTW, for all those fashion guru's out there... I try to buy clothes that are "timeless" this shirt still looks like it is in style... But not that I care. I have been wearing fat-boy pants from Wally-world for years!

Congrats on the shirt! How exciting. I'm having a hard time caring too much about clothes and "style" until I get close to goal-size, anyway. All that matters is how much you're shrinking!!! WTG!

I agree, Kristin - I enjoy coming to our group, it's fun to read about everybody. It's uplifting in here. ;)

Kristin-

Look at the ticker, you are doing great. I too love all us November Nymphs too! I would love to start a thread that tracks how much weight we are losing as a group. I think that it would be awesome to see how much weight we have lost all together. I am sure it is a lot.

I have an NSV..I own a country store here in MA and all my customers cannot figure out what is changing about me. Usually they ask if I have done something different with my hair but then they say that boy you are looking younger. I finally break down and tell them that I have lost 53lbs. they are like wow it is amazing how much younger you look.

I just love that because in a few weeks, I will be turning 40 eeeek! This Band was a gift to myself for being overweight over 35 years and wanting to change my life for next 40 years.

Did I mention I love this band.

What great compliments. :( How fun to be able to show that off. Your pic in your sig looks great. Keep up the good work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have anything new to report, really. I'm still a size 18 even though I've probably dropped at least 25 lbs (I weigh again tomorrow). But I will say this - my doc's office seemed excited when I went in there and had dropped 9 more lbs from my last visit. LOL They don't realize that even without restriction, I am bound and determined to drop this weight. Honestly, I can drop weight...it's the maintenance and the occasional bad day that I could use a little boost with.

I have a new one!! It happened yesterday.. my daughter and i went to the movies...yes the dreaded movie seats.... i was so much more comfortable.... i wasnt pillowing through the sides or having to lean towards my daughter to feel like i have enough room....i sat and thought....omg... i'm not touching the sides!!!! this is awsome!!! ...anyway...keep up the good work november's finest! we will do this... blessed be the people who believe in him, for he answers all prayers! Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!!

LOL! I just posted on the general forum about how much I love my band! I've lost almost 30 lbs with no fill yet! And I feel great! My NSVs are pertty similar to all of yours - baggy clothes, wearing my awesome knee-high boots without them being tight, etc. I think my biggest one is the confidence that I know people can see. I feel awesome. I feel in control. I feel like I can do this and I can be healthy and I can be attractive and I can be ME! I have more energy, I don't think about food all the time. I'm only eating when I'm hungry. I'm paying attention to my body instead of punishing it.

I had the picture experience too! All of a sudden, I'm not paraniod about having my picture taken! I was afraid that if I suddenly died, there would be no pictures for my kids to remember what I looked like, which didn't seem like such a bad thing to me. But not anymore! Now if I could just get my husband to actually take a picture. LOL!

I still can't get my wedding ring off, but I know I will soon. It hasn't come off in three years. That will be a major NSV!

Yes, I love my band, too. :)

Hello fellow November Bandsters!

I went shopping in my closet this a.m. in the previously "too tight" section and found some things that ended up too big and some that fit very well. So I have a few "new" things to wear and have to retire a few things as well.

I was kind of disappointed with one pair of pants that I had been holding on to, the elastic waist band was shot. They are dressier pants and a nice brand but I guess the elastic just got old or the dry cleaners used something too strong on them. Too bad b/c they would have fit perfectly, now the waist just hangs.

I am now in mostly 18's and once I get lower than that I will have to go shopping b/c I do not have anything smaller in my closet for pants. Just maybe a few smaller tops!

Has anyone else noticed that your arms are starting to hang straighter along your body, instead of sticking out b/c of the hips? I love this NSV!

Sounds great, everybody!

I'm not sure if I'd consider this a victory...I mean, I'm not complaining, trust me, I'm so not! But last night, trying to lie on my side, my legs together kind of hurt - that's right, the BONES are starting to be uncovered from fat and it's a little uncomfy. LOL I'm sure I'll adjust eventually. It was just an interesting change for me. I think I will call it a victory because at least it shows that I am losing. :rolleyes:

Way to go Steph.....I would agree that is a victory....Not to mention you are 7 pounds away from ONEDERLAND....LOL I will be thrilled when I can get there. Still a ways away for me.

I am beginning to notice the change when I look into a mirror now.