Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSVs!

Several NSV's recently.

Went to Old Navy a couple of weeks ago with my daughters. I have NEVER been able to buy anything from this store, even their so called plus size department. One time I bought a pair of men's XXL pajama pants, anyway I found a shirt on their clearance rack for $5 that fit. It was a regular XL. Love getting clothes off the clearance rack that fit!

The best NSV for me... I now weigh less than my dh! That has also been something that has NEVER happened to me. Of course now he's losing weight, so that may not last long.

I NEEDED new jeans. My wife forced me to buy some. She said I was swimming in the 46 jeans I had.

While at Tractor Supply the other day, I noticed their clothing area. I have never even shopped there because I figured the clothes would just be for skinny little bull riders and other cow-pokes. To my surprise, I was checking out the Wrangler section and they had some jeans that went up to WAY past where I am now. I guess it is for the farmers that are getting on up there in age and size!

I find a section of Wranglers that are relaxed fit and they don't have 44x32's like I would like to wear. Only 30" inseam... high-waders on my 6' plus frame. I noticed that they had some 42x32's and I grabed a pair of those to just try on and see how far away I am from them. Well, the reason I was swimming around in the 46 jeans is because the 42's FIT. I can't believe it, but they do fit. WOOO HOOO!!! I can buy 42x32's at pretty much any store. I no longer have to go to the big and tall stores or resort to the el-cheapo Wally world jeans!

Another NSV happened twice this week. I had 2 people not recognize me. One I saw at Tractor Supply while buying these pants. I used to work with this guy. Naturally we spent a lot of time together. That was just 8 months ago. I said something off the wall that made him know I knew him and he just gave me this BIG blank stare. Ya know, like a cow looking at a new gate... that kind of stare. Then he slowly said, "Craig... Is that you?"

OH happy week!

TxArcher: Wow, you're smaller than you thought! Shopping in regular stores is great! Good for you! You can ask Santa for a whole new wardrobe next christmas!

Not losing much in the lbs dept because I'm really not eating like I should (or at least should say that I HAVEN'T been eating like I should). But have lost inches...I'm now into my men's size 32 pants for work and I look awesome if I do say so. LOL It's amazing how much better I look in these 32s than I did swimming around in the 36s I last had on. I actually have a shape! Love it.

Now I'm back to eating low-carb and exercising, so hope to lose some poundage in the next 3 weeks...I have a certain goal in mind. But I'm nervous if I don't get to this life goal and I have shared it with everybody. So when I get there, I'll tell everybody. LOL It'll be great for my career and is something I've been wanting for a LONG time...could not have gotten to it without the band helping me lose the weight and keeping off what I have lost.

DANG, Craig! You are melting through the sizes incredibly fast. Gees. Keep up the great work!

I have noticed that I can actually wrap a bath towel around my body (with a few inches to spare) and it covers everything.

I slid into some size 12 shorts today. Yes...SHORTS. I have not worn shorts in dang near 5 years. The running is helping to tone my legs...they actually don't look half bad in shorts! Now I just need to lose more weight so that my knees don't look so fat. LOL

I slid into some size 12 shorts today. Yes...SHORTS. I have not worn shorts in dang near 5 years. The running is helping to tone my legs...they actually don't look half bad in shorts! Now I just need to lose more weight so that my knees don't look so fat. LOL

Dang Girl! You're wearing a size 12...I don't think I will ever get there. I am so happy with my size 24's since I started by wearing a size 34.

You know something. I don't think I ever wore a size 12. I almost got into a size 16 about 18 years ago but never have I ever seen size 12. I think because I am 5' 9" and large framed that size 16 might be a good goal.

Right now the goal is to lose 100lbs. by May 6th. I don't think that it will happen but I can shoot for it.

Keep up the great work...14lbs. is so close.

Cindy

Dang Girl! You're wearing a size 12...I don't think I will ever get there. I am so happy with my size 24's since I started by wearing a size 34.

You know something. I don't think I ever wore a size 12. I almost got into a size 16 about 18 years ago but never have I ever seen size 12. I think because I am 5' 9" and large framed that size 16 might be a good goal.

Right now the goal is to lose 100lbs. by May 6th. I don't think that it will happen but I can shoot for it.

Keep up the great work...14lbs. is so close.

Cindy

Cindy,

Hey... I think you need to rethink some of your goal sizes. I went into the Lap Band thinking it would be nice to be a 40-42 waist again. I never really expected to get down to 36 or anything. Well, I am already at 42 waist pants. I am only half way to my goal weight and going down in sizes quicker than I originally thought I would. If you had got to a size 18 just by dieting... I feel certain that you will get down to at least a 12 with the band. I mean jeez, look at BooBooKitty! I bet when she started, she never expected to be the poster gal for LBT!

Never underestimate the powers of the band!

Steph, that is amazing! We have the same goal weight but you will get there quicker than me. The nurse practioner told me today that I must start excercising to make this go faster. I had neck surgery last May, so running is out of the question. I have an elliptical machine and she wants me to start using it slowly. I hope it helps my weight loss speed up. Congrats on the size 12. I'll get there eventually!

The exercise shorts I used to wear (the tight, stretchy kind), are loose on me. They were tight and stretchy and now too loose!!! Tight and stretchy! Like a bathing suit!

Cindy (hollyberries) - Thanks. :coolgleamA: I would think at your height, though, getting down to 175 that you'd be in a 14 or even possibly a 12. I mean, I'm 2 inches shorter than you...which would mean wider at the weight I'm at compared to where you will be. I agree with Craig - you might have to adjust your goal size.

Cindyg - Thank you. Exercise truly does make a difference. DH is struggling to lose weight right now, he's kind of limited by the kinds of exercise he can do because he has an old lower back injury. It's hard. I hope the elliptical helps. You can do this! You'll catch up before you know it.

Linda - that's so exciting! It gets more and more fun dressing the new, emerging body, huh? :cool2:

I have officially survived the 9-week Couch-to-5K!! I skipped ahead a couple of times, I slacked off a few weeks, but I finally made it. LOL I'm not going quite 5K, yet...it's more like 4.02K (2.5 miles). But I am running the full 30 mins. It feels AWESOME. It is a great stress-relief. Love it. It's been so long since I've run like this. I can't even believe that I'm back into it. *sniffle*

Now I hope it kicks my ass into eating better so I can lose that 14 lbs by June 21st.

Well, I went shopping at Khols... YES KHOLS! I needed to pick up some more long sleeve shirts for work and I thought I would see if I could find any 3X shirts there. I have had no luck in the past. I saw a rack in the Men's section that was 70-90% off. There was only one 3X on the rack and I picked it up. I saw some 2X there as well and at that price... I am talking 2.50-7.00 dollars per shirt... I could afford to pick up some for "when I get there". I know you know what I am talking about. You know you have done the same thing!

Anyway, I just thought I would try one of the 2X shirts on. IT FIT! I then tried ALL THE OTHER 2X shirts. THEY ALL FIT! I then grabbed the 3X shirt and it looked like a gunny sack on me! I had not noticed it since that was all I had to wear and before Sx, I should have been wearing a 5X! I was squeezing into those 4X's.

I was excited on the way home. I asked my wife; "do you notice anything about me? I am not all pissed off." That was the first shopping trip I remember taking with her that I did not get pissed off because all my old sizes did not fit anymore. Either that of they did not even have the fat-boy clothes I was looking for!

Feels good to be so close to the century mark! Oops, that is a scale Victory.

Well, I went shopping at Khols... YES KHOLS! I needed to pick up some more long sleeve shirts for work and I thought I would see if I could find any 3X shirts there. I have had no luck in the past. I saw a rack in the Men's section that was 70-90% off. There was only one 3X on the rack and I picked it up. I saw some 2X there as well and at that price... I am talking 2.50-7.00 dollars per shirt... I could afford to pick up some for "when I get there". I know you know what I am talking about. You know you have done the same thing!

Anyway, I just thought I would try one of the 2X shirts on. IT FIT! I then tried ALL THE OTHER 2X shirts. THEY ALL FIT! I then grabbed the 3X shirt and it looked like a gunny sack on me! I had not noticed it since that was all I had to wear and before Sx, I should have been wearing a 5X! I was squeezing into those 4X's.

I was excited on the way home. I asked my wife; "do you notice anything about me? I am not all pissed off." That was the first shopping trip I remember taking with her that I did not get pissed off because all my old sizes did not fit anymore. Either that of they did not even have the fat-boy clothes I was looking for!

Feels good to be so close to the century mark! Oops, that is a scale Victory.

I could not be happier for you! :cursing:

We sometimes forget that clothes can be important to men, too!

I noticed I am not as "pissed" anymore either when shopping.

Congratulations! It must feel so good and your wife must be enjoying the new you, too!

How's the new job? And new state?