Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSVs!

I wore this dress (size EIGHT) to a reunion dinner, and I looked GUUUD :biggrin::shades_smile:. One little old lady called me "stunning". Made the whole trip worthwhile. :biggrin:

dress_pink.jpg

Very cute dress. I bet you did look stunning. I am jealous that you are in a size 8. I can't seem to get out of a size 16. 14's are a little snug.

Sometimes the belly never really goes away. I am finding that out. For men, that's the area above the waist, for women the area below the waist. Some fat never goes away once we get it, no matter how much we lose. That's why so many people get tummy tucks and other PS.

In my early 20s when I weighed 108, I still had a bit of a pooch below my navel. It looked cute on a 108 never been fat frame but I'm betting when I lose the weight, that pooch is not going to be so cute so I fully plan on getting Lipo and lower body lift.

Congratulations to all NSV'ers. My own news in this department is that I have gone a while now without eating at night.

This has been a central problem in my life. It has caused me to isolate, lie, and cultivate guilt, anger, frustration and despair. It has blocked me from establishing any substantiol, long lasting spiritual connection. Of course it has also contributed greatly to my continual weight gain over the years.

For me the answer has been a spiritual one. I need to feel that I am not alone – that there is an entity out there (and not only out there- all around me) that can help me; that I am accountable to and from whom there are no time-outs and no secrets. When I lie in bed at night, I try to sense God's presence all around me – in the breeze, the blankets wrapped around me, my wife's breathing beside me, even in the shadows on the wall. That, for me, makes me feel safe and keeps me from running away and plugging up my empty spaces with food.< /span>

I need to keep this connection throughout the day. For me, even though I'm no longer a member of Overeaters Anonymous, this line from the Big Book is key: "We are not cured ... What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition." I don't intend to proselytize – this is just what works for me.

Congratulations to all NSV'ers. My own news in this department is that I have gone a while now without eating at night.

This has been a central problem in my life. It has caused me to isolate, lie, and cultivate guilt, anger, frustration and despair. It has blocked me from establishing any substantiol, long lasting spiritual connection. Of course it has also contributed greatly to my continual weight gain over the years.

For me the answer has been a spiritual one. I need to feel that I am not alone – that there is an entity out there (and not only out there- all around me) that can help me; that I am accountable to and from whom there are no time-outs and no secrets. When I lie in bed at night, I try to sense God's presence all around me – in the breeze, the blankets wrapped around me, my wife's breathing beside me, even in the shadows on the wall. That, for me, makes me feel safe and keeps me from running away and plugging up my empty spaces with food.< /span>

I need to keep this connection throughout the day. For me, even though I'm no longer a member of Overeaters Anonymous, this line from the Big Book is key: "We are not cured ... What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition." I don't intend to proselytize – this is just what works for me.

Great perspective. I agree with you 100%. We no longer live to eat we eat to live but our demons will never be gone. It will always be a battle but I would like to say I draw my strength spiritually as well.

Cindy

Man... that's deep! Good stuff Pal.

What? No NSVs since August??? I know we've had some - come on and share, guys! It helps to keep me motivated, too!

But here's MINE for today. I went shopping at Target for some new jeans because mine are hanging off my butt (14s). I thought I'd put on some 12s and have them be tight, but at least I'd be a 12. I put them on REALLY easily. It was strange because I thought, "These seem a little loose - they're not going to last me very long. Maybe I'll just get 10s instead so that I'm not wasting money." So I grabbed some 10s and tried them on, thinking I'd be struggling and sucking in and pulling really hard. OMG...NO...the things went on really easy. Buttoned and very comfortable! I'm a freaking 10! I'm almost positive I was not a 10 this early in the game the last time I lost weight down to this size!!!

So then I thought it had to just be the designer of the jeans - fudging me on the size to make people feel better. So I went over and grabbed some 30s in men's (I wear men's pants for work) because I need some new work pants. They went on, too! They were a little bit more snug in the butt than the women's jeans were. I guess, because we all know, men don't have booties. LOL But I bet by next weekend I'll be proudly sporting my 30's to work!

OMG...either clothes have gotten bigger, or my body is proportioned a lot differently than it was when I was 17. I SWEAR I did not get into 10's until I was in the 150's. And I KNOW I'm still in the 170's.

I'm just so excited. :rolleyes2: I'm REALLY starting to feel skinny again. I love it. I'm so excited to get to wear my jeans somewhere. Funny thing is, I bet by the time I go out to see my family in December, I might have to go buy some 8's!!

Good on you girls, I can't wait to say I am wearing a size 12. I must say when I was shopping the other day, I picked up an XL top and asked the shop assistant what size XL is 16 or 18? She looked at me and said I probably only needed an L and sure enough it fit. It's not a size 10 but that made my day!

today i bought size xs in scrub pants and they fit great scrub pants are always roomy but il take it

im in a size 10 jeans and they are baggy

Weeell, I'm going to come right out and admit that I don't know what NSV stands for. When I see NSV, I think Nonsynonymous Variant. But - I think I get the point at least...

two weeks ago someone at the gym started asking me questions, I realized a few minutes alter they mistook me for someone that worked there. Yes, I had a gym shirt on - thus the mistake - but a year ago theres no WAY that mistake could have happened.

I can wear my life long skinnier than me friends' clothes.

Another friend of mine, who joked about my weight for years, ran out of breath and had to stop 10 minutes into a run. I acted like it was ok, but ran an extra 20 just for good measure : P

I can finally fight in the same weight class as people under 6'2.

I ordered a Water to drink from a restaurant and the waiter didn't visibly get the idea that he wasn't going to get a tip.