Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSVs!

Well, I HATE to brag (hehehe), but I have another one for you. When my parents were down helping out after my surgery, I tried on a bunch of clothes. There was a shirt that was way too tight to wear - I tried it on tonight and it was ALMOST too big!!! It fit really well, even a little, dare I say, BAGGY, in the waist! I can't believe in less than a month I went from way too tight to almost too loose. AND the new pants I bought a few weeks ago that were too tight to wear, I wore them tonight as well, and they fit good.

Oh oh oh, I have another one too. I feel that I officially FIT IN. Everyone in my community (well, mostly everyone) is very petite, and I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. Now I'm starting to feel like I'm BLENDING IN!! I don't FEEL so out of place anymore, and that was the biggest thing for me - just to feel like I didn't stick out for being the biggest in the room.

I popped into work for a moment today and caught myself JOGGING up the stairs without even thinking about it!!!! A few months ago, I was grunting up them like an old woman. My knees feel MUCH better.

For some reason, I also sleep much better since surgery. I used to always wake up in the middle of the night and feel OLD stumbling to the bathroom. Now I sleep right through to the alarm clock. Maybe its because my body is not digesting so much food all night long....

i'm only 11 days out but already i dont have to lick my finger(gross) to get my wedding ring on in the morning lol... yes i did that..and i put on a jean today that was too tight ...in the middle..today it was more comfy... i cant wait till its too big!!!! its a 24.... gl all...love reading about yall progress...blessed be the people who love who and what they are... because you are gods creation..:bounce:

ok everyone...i have a nsv moment!!!! i will be blunt...... SEX SEX SEX!!!!!!! woo hoo !!!!!!! SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! i always came up with excuses not to have sex because i was soooo uncomfortable but 20 lb weightloss so far made a huge difference. my hubby is getting his nympho wife back slowly.......... he is a very happy man.

chiqui

LMAO, Chiqui - that is so awesome. DH and I are dealing with a lot right now, so I think by the time we get around to sex, I'll probably be down another 10 lbs. I look forward to it. LOL

Well I went through my closet yesterday and was able to clean out some space.....I also fit into a size 20 pair of cargo pants I have not been able to wear in over 3 years....YIPPEE...the band was the best decision I have ever made for myself.

I wore them to work today and everyone oooed and ahhhhd they all know that I had the surgery. They are watching me like crazy I feel like I am under a microscope but don't care really. They are always asking ? like what I am eating for lunch and stuff like that.

We have a lunch tomorrow at a restaraunt for someone in our dept who is leaving, I will enjoy being there and being able to handle it just fine. I have been out a few times since surgery and was able to eat high Protein choices off of the menu.

Our company Christmas Party is Thursday night and that will be intersting it is a buffet and I am not sure what is being served. But I know I will be ok.

I agree Linda that the fact we are all seeing such dramatic changes in only a months time....is remarkable in itself. I am trying to be less hard on myself....since I have not even had a fill yet....LOL

We are due for a horrible ice storm tonight through tomorrow keep your fingers crossed that I make it to the surgeons office for my official weigh in.

Congrats to all of us!!!!:clap2:

Kristin - I think that's part of why I chose to not tell anybody about the band, I can't handle the questions! LOL That is so great about the cargo pants. I'm not sure that I'm going down in sizes. I'm scared to try anything on. Hope everything went okay with the ice storm...I'm hearing some terrible things on the news and it just breaks my heart - right before Christmas. :) Good luck at the Buffet-O-Death on Thursday (I'm exaggerating - I'm sure it'll be fine!). LOL Let us know how everything goes.

I have another NSV to add. Like I've said before - I walk about 20 floors' worth of stairs at work. Well, I avoid the ones I can as much as possible. Tonight I just felt like giving it a shot and I jogged (yes! jogged!) up a set of about 20 and didn't feel like I was going to die!! The last time I remember going up those stairs before I lost weight, I had to stop at about 10 and regain my strength and breath. I felt GREAT at the top. Yes, a bit out of breath, but not dying! So I wondered how many I could do. So far I have "jogged" up about 290 steps (and back down). I love it! I'm getting some great exercise and it makes me feel so good physically (not to mention giving me a mental boost).

I also am under the impression (if I'm not imagining things) that my tummy looks smaller in my uniform. :D I wear a badge on my belt and I looked in the mirror and it doesn't look like it's overshadowed by my gut anymore! I'm so excited.

I was in church on Sunday and one our deacon's said, "My you look younger"; he knew that I had weightloss surgery. Then again, he came over and said, "I can't believe how losing weight makes you look so much younger."

I was walking on cloud nine all day after that comment. People can't believe how much younger I look losing weight. Guess what! I am turning 40 in January.

Did I mention that I love my Band!

Here's a new one. I am currently in grad school. Returned to college after many years. My school has those annoying little desks with the chairs attached. Until my banding, I could barely sit at those desks and had to suck it in and barely breathe. Imagine sitting in this position for 2 1/2 hours! One month in and I can sit at the desk almost comfortably. I can lower the desk withour bumping into my belly.

Another NSV is that I can easily fit into a size 16. My 18's are loose and if I want to, I can now shop in the misses department instead of womans. How I miss that! The clothes are cuter and there is a larger selection. I own clothes from size 6 thru size 18. I could open up a boutique! It will be fun to shop in my own closet too.

Great job everyone! It's so great to hear how happy and excited everyone sounds.

I was able to put my wedding ring back on. It became too tight when I was on my "farewell to food tour" prior to my surgery and it's comfortable again. I'm happy about that!

I went to my mother's 75th birthday party yesterday and I got so many compliments! The thing is, I've only lost 16 pounds so I can't imagine that it's that obvious. However, in advance of my surgery, I had emailed all of my family a fairly detailed explanation of what I was doing and how it would work and this is the first I had seen most of them since the surgery. So the main way I count it as an NSV is the tremendous amount of support I'm getting!

Kristin - I think that's part of why I chose to not tell anybody about the band, I can't handle the questions! LOL That is so great about the cargo pants. I'm not sure that I'm going down in sizes. I'm scared to try anything on. Hope everything went okay with the ice storm...I'm hearing some terrible things on the news and it just breaks my heart - right before Christmas. :) Good luck at the Buffet-O-Death on Thursday (I'm exaggerating - I'm sure it'll be fine!). LOL Let us know how everything goes.

I have another NSV to add. Like I've said before - I walk about 20 floors' worth of stairs at work. Well, I avoid the ones I can as much as possible. Tonight I just felt like giving it a shot and I jogged (yes! jogged!) up a set of about 20 and didn't feel like I was going to die!! The last time I remember going up those stairs before I lost weight, I had to stop at about 10 and regain my strength and breath. I felt GREAT at the top. Yes, a bit out of breath, but not dying! So I wondered how many I could do. So far I have "jogged" up about 290 steps (and back down). I love it! I'm getting some great exercise and it makes me feel so good physically (not to mention giving me a mental boost).

I also am under the impression (if I'm not imagining things) that my tummy looks smaller in my uniform. :) I wear a badge on my belt and I looked in the mirror and it doesn't look like it's overshadowed by my gut anymore! I'm so excited.

Steph;

Thanks, the Buffet went fine, I stuck to my program and only had my three ounces, and I even ate a baby spoonful of peach cobbler.....:D

It was so nice to see everyone else piling the food on and going back for seconds and thirds and I was not one bit uncomfortable and I was satisfied even. I ate green Beans and a small piece of chicken breast with florentine sauce and a small spoonful of twice baked potatoe.

It is wonderful about your success as well and I am sure you can tell when you look at you. Remember they told me that it would be awhile before my body image would change when I look in the mirror. I know I do not have my pregnant looking belly anymore and that makes me ecstatic.

Longhorn:

Congrats on the 16 pounds and don't you think for one minute that is not wonderful.....it is!! We all are doing wonderfully and if you go try to pick up the pounds that we have lost....it is a massive amount of weight in a very short time. They told me ideally 1 -2 pounds a week and I am over 3.5 average pounds lost per week. I do not want to lose it too fast.

I love this Thread and all of our successes!!:whoo:

Yippee Ladies we are on our way!!:clap2::clap2:

Steph;

Thanks, the Buffet went fine, I stuck to my program and only had my three ounces, and I even ate a baby spoonful of peach cobbler.....:)

It was so nice to see everyone else piling the food on and going back for seconds and thirds and I was not one bit uncomfortable and I was satisfied even. I ate green Beans and a small piece of chicken breast with florentine sauce and a small spoonful of twice baked potatoe.

It is wonderful about your success as well and I am sure you can tell when you look at you. Remember they told me that it would be awhile before my body image would change when I look in the mirror. I know I do not have my pregnant looking belly anymore and that makes me ecstatic.

Longhorn:

Congrats on the 16 pounds and don't you think for one minute that is not wonderful.....it is!! We all are doing wonderfully and if you go try to pick up the pounds that we have lost....it is a massive amount of weight in a very short time. They told me ideally 1 -2 pounds a week and I am over 3.5 average pounds lost per week. I do not want to lose it too fast.

I love this Thread and all of our successes!!:whoo:

Yippee Ladies we are on our way!!:clap2::clap2:

Oh, I'm happy with it -- I'm just surprised that it's very noticeable. :) We buy dogfood in 20-pound bags and it's amazing just how much weight that is!

There were eight of us caravaning to Spring (about 2.5 hours from Austin) in two cars -- my husband, my four children, two sons-in-law, and me -- and we had a great Mexican Breakfast at around 9:45 as we headed out of town. Almost everyone ordered migas (eggs scrambled with tortillas with refried Beans and potatoes, for those who don't know.) There was cheese on it, too. You should have seen my plate compared to everyone else's! The rest of my family are not big overeaters but they did pretty much clean their plates and then complained about how stuffed they were. I just felt like I had enough, even though I could have eaten more but later, I was perfectly comfortable and not hungry again until we ate at 5:30!

At the party, I also ate very little, including slivers of pie and cake and felt great! I may not have lost but typically I would have eaten a lot and probably gained so I still consider that a victory! :D

Yes, we are doing great! I love this group of November bandsters because we really have a good attitude here! :clap2: