Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which protein did you guys drink for the 2 week liquid diet?

Title.

either Unjury or Syntrax Nectar products (I eventually used both - can't remember which one I tried first)

I purchased sample sizes of a bunch of different brands so I could get some variety and figure out what I liked before I bought a big tub. My favorite was IdealLean and that's my go-to brand now (I love the birthday cake flavor mixed into yogurt -- that makes for a great high-protein meal after surgery -- and the chocolate brownie is my favorite chocolate Protein shake).

Once you start shopping for Protein Powder online, you'll start seeing ads for other protein powders. I've seen some appealing ones recently, but I'm all stocked up on protein powders so I'm not buying any more right now. You should look at the ingredients and nutrition info to make sure they meet your requirements. Here are the ones I purchased (I think I found all of these through ads on Facebook):

P.S. None of these are referral links and I do not benefit in any way from them.

Premier. All if the flavors.

I mostly used Premier Protein... but my best piece of advice is to find a few different ones that you like, because by about day 6, Premier made me want to gag.

I mostly used Premier Protein... but my best piece of advice is to find a few different ones that you like, because by about day 6, Premier made me want to gag.

I love Premier Protein but it was too expensive to drink it exclusively for two weeks. I got a huge tub of whey Protein powder from a fitness store, although I can't remember the brand.

I used Premier ready to drink in my pre-op phase. After surgery, I couldn't stand them. They were too thick, almost to the point of being slimy for me and definitely too sweet.

Post-op, I had a few samples from my doctor but settled on Unjury.

Best advice I can give: Individual preferences in for Protein Shakes vary widely. Try all different kinds and anticipate that what you liked before surgery may change after surgery.

Premade GNC Lean shake (chocolate). 170 calories. 25 g Protein 2 sugars

Trust me learn to make your own shakes and smoothies Once you get good you can pimp them out with Vitamins and Minerals and Fruits and Veggies

Smothies.jpg

Many and learned to have a love hate relationship with them so I learned to make my own and added stuff to them to make them my own :)

I just started my Protein Drinks, and my first one was an Atkins one, Dark chocolate Royale. I think it tastes better than most Protein drinks but the bummer is it only has 15g of protein (1g sugar). I also have some Premier Protein shakes, but I haven’t had any of them since surgery yet.

I tried (and continue to drink) all different types of Protein Shakes. I don't do the powder. I do the prepacked shakes. I try to stick with the ones that have 30g of Protein.

All things considered, the Equate (Walmart store brand) are both the best (IMO) and the cheapest at $14.97 per case of 12. I'm not a fan of vanilla flavor (of any of the brands) but the caramel and chocolate are quite good, both taste and texture.

Worst brand: Muscle Milk. The consistency/texture is hot garbage and makes me want to retch. I have 2 12-shake cases sitting here that I'm not sure I'm ever going to use.

Another good choice: Premier Sea Salt Caramel.

My favorite overall, and too bad it's only 15g of protein are the Atkins Mocha Latte. REALLY tasty!

Suggestion if you're interested in trying out different brands/flavors: Go to slickdeals.net and set up a deal alert for "protein shake". Then whenever anyone posts deals, you'll get notified. Some of the Amazon subscribe-and-save deals are really good, but they can go out of stock in a heartbeat, so getting notified quickly is key. Do the S&S for the first delivery and then cancel after the first shipment if it ends up being not to your liking. Also keep an eye on prices for subsequent shipments if you opt to keep the brand/flavor, as the price is subject to change at any time. Doing an Amazon subscription for an item does NOT lock in the price.

Good luck!

I have really been enjoying the Fairlife drinks. They don’t have any strange tastes or textures.

778BDE61-45E8-43D0-9EBE-B2941B190763.jpeg