Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery September 15th and the last two days I’ve gained weight. Please tell me this has happened to other ppl?? That it will go away?? I’m so upset!

Yup - It will go away. Surgery 08/19 for me and I'll have days where I'm up 2-3 lbs, but then drop 4-5 overnight and seems to stabilize for another 2-3 weeks with losses. It seems that I'm a fairly slow loser, but a loser just the same. Follow your program and you should be fine.

Thank you for responding! That makes me feel better... just so dang frustrating when you work so hard and you see that. Yesterday abs the day before I was only able to work out for 35 minutes instead of my usual hour Because of time constraint and I was like seriously?! Ugh I hope you’re right!! I had a great week last week and now this ... trying not to get discouraged but it’s hard.

I was also just put back on birth control.. seasjonique (the generic one). The dr said I shouldn’t gain weight...

I’m questioning everything now 🤦🏼‍♀️

Weight fluctuations happen. It's usually 1-3 pounds but can even be up to 5. Try not to stress.

Yeah, I had COVID a few weeks ago and the one side benefit is that I dropped 6 lbs while I was sick. But, now that I'm feeling better, I have put every one of those back on, which is super frustrating. I am acknowledging that I have been eating whatever I want, too many carbs, and not exercising, so I know what I need to do. It was just nice to see the scale going down every day without trying. Now I have to put in the work...

Don't worry too much about a couple of pounds. I usually weigh myself multiple times per day, and my weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds within the same day. Things like Water intake, salt intake, hormonal changes (which can definitely be affected by a new birth control), and bathroom issues can cause small fluctuations. A lot of people recommend only weighing yourself once per week so you don't see those small day-to-day fluctuations.

I get a little too obsessed with the scale. Im trying to limit my weighing to twice a week. It should be only once, but still struggling. I saw the idea about the string idea. Im going to try that!

Don't stress over a couple of pounds. There's always weight fluctuation with Water and of course we just had the holidays and had extra rich food. Just keep on track with your Protein and water intake and try not to slide and you'll be fine.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, MandoGetsSleeved said:

Yup - It will go away. Surgery 08/19 for me and I'll have days where I'm up 2-3 lbs, but then drop 4-5 overnight and seems to stabilize for another 2-3 weeks with losses. It seems that I'm a fairly slow loser, but a loser just the same. Follow your program and you should be fine.

On 12/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, brwneyedgrl96 said:

I had surgery September 15th and the last two days I’ve gained weight. Please tell me this has happened to other ppl?? That it will go away?? I’m so upset!

Did u lose any weight yet ?

I’m now a month and half post opp and I stopped losing weight for a week and at the end of the 2nd week which was today I weighed myself and I gained a pound I’m so stressed out I don’t even know whether I’m eating right or wrong