Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have seen similar questions but no one posts the results.

I am having a severe allergic reaction. Antihistamines didn't work and neither did steroids. Its been 2 wks now. DRs recommend going to ER due to their resources (meds via IV) but it will cost me at least $500.

Did anyone get over this? What meds? Advice?

what are you having the reaction to?

Just now, Betty1971 said:

what are you having the reaction to?

Not sure the glue seems to be the most common. I think I finally got it all off.

I would do what the Dr says but if you want to try something at home that has worked for contact dermatitis around our house before that.....take a chamomile tea bag that is saturated in Luke warm Water and put them on your areas that affected.

My daughter was allergic to almost everything as a toddler and this was about the only thing that ever gave her any relief.

Again I would make sure the wounds are not open and do what the Dr tells you but this is something that can provide a little relief in between or while you are waiting to get into see the Dr.

What is your reaction? Is it all skin, or are you having breathing issues? Breathing issues are a medical emergency and you need to bite the bullet and go to the ER. If it just skin, you can try the tea bags as mentioned previously, or cortisone cream, but be careful to avoid incisions. I discovered I was allergic to the chlorhexidine used to clean my tummy pre-op. I had a radically itchy rash for 2-3 weeks post-op. It was miserable, but I survived.

Good luck!

No breathing or throat issues. Hives on my face bumps all over my lower arms upper legs stomache neck ears.

Did u take meds or did it go away on its own?

Oh that's a shame, but at least it's topical and not affecting your breathing. I'm guessing it's going to go away when the glue dissolves within a week or so. Can you hold out until then?

9 hours ago, LoreCar said:

No breathing or throat issues. Hives on my face bumps all over my lower arms upper legs stomache neck ears.

Did u take meds or did it go away on its own?

I tried taking Benadryl, but it did not help at all. I had hives basically from my bra line down with some in my groin area and a bit on my arms and neck. It all went away on its own, but it took 2-3 weeks. The itchiness was miserable, but the cortisone cream helped.

Hi! I had a few post surgery!!! Benadryl did not work for me either. Xyzal helped mine. Take it on time and religiously (never skip!). I read somewhere after feeling so defeated that newer antihistamines may work when Benadryl doesn’t, they just don’t work as fast. You might have to wait the full 48 hrs to see results. I was allergic to the Narcotic I was given and then had a massive reaction to the Lovonox injections. I still have about 20 scars the size of eggs from where I injected. But they stopped spreading about 2 days after starting Xyzal and stopped itching completely after about a week. I had been taking Benadryl for two weeks with no luck and everything getting worse. Hope you find something that works! Meds can have delayed reactions so definitely do your research.