Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY because of GERD, not weight loss?

Hi everyone!

Brand new to the forums here. I am gearing up for my December 15, Roux-en Y surgery at Stanford Medical. I know that a majority of patients get the RNY for weight loss. I've been having a hard time finding people who have the surgery to purely address GERD/Acid Reflux. Is there a thread here specifically for this? I'd love to find some people going through the same thing so I can be supportive as well. 😍

There are a number of threads, including mine, about having RNY for GERD in the Revision forum.

I also had a VSG converted to RNY to resolve GERD (and a few other issues)

Thank you @foxbins and @greentealael ! So thrilled to find others going through some of the same issues! 😍

12 hours ago, AmandaQB said:

Hi everyone!

Brand new to the forums here. I am gearing up for my December 15, Roux-en Y surgery at Stanford Medical. I know that a majority of patients get the RNY for weight loss. I've been having a hard time finding people who have the surgery to purely address GERD/Acid Reflux. Is there a thread here specifically for this? I'd love to find some people going through the same thing so I can be supportive as well. 😍

Hi AmandaQB!

I’m RavensLady Annette. Nice to meet you. My surgery is next week, November 18th. I am also having the Roux-en Y Bypass surgery. My surgery will be done at Wake Forest Baptist Health in North Carolina. The only reasons I am having this surgery is to have a Hiatal Hernia repaired and GERD/Acid Reflux problems. I would love your support as well as give you my support if I can.

On 11/11/2020 at 6:10 AM, RavensLady Annette said:

Hi AmandaQB!

I’m RavensLady Annette. Nice to meet you. My surgery is next week, November 18th. I am also having the Roux-en Y Bypass surgery. My surgery will be done at Wake Forest Baptist Health in North Carolina. The only reasons I am having this surgery is to have a Hiatal Hernia repaired and GERD/Acid Reflux problems. I would love your support as well as give you my support if I can.

Hi RavensLady Annette! Thanks so much for reaching out! How exciting you are nearing your surgery date. 🤩 I'm going to start following your profile so I can stay updated on your progress!