Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

Also I was told *not to expect a real BM for awhile - we aren’t eating any roughage and because surgery and pain meds slow digestive function. I’m super bloated, but I’m not worried. My insides have just went through a major trauma and it takes a while to heal from that. I’m reminding myself to be kind to myself and not to rush the process - we got this!!!

Edited by VickieRenee

44 minutes ago, tropico78 said:

No BM here either. Not sure what is normal or not. But I guess it will change when we eat more solid food.

Almost no bruising at all for me. But I have seen photos in groups online, where the whole tummy was bruised. So I guess it is different from one person to another.

Attached is a photo of my tummy as you can see I only have bruises dirctly on the insicions.

mage2.jpg

My stomach looks terrible 🥴 lol -

Just now, VickieRenee said:

My stomach looks terrible 🥴 lol -

You look like you’re healing nicely

Here's my main (stomach pull-through) incision's bruising. [emoji15]20201107_162216.jpg

2 hours ago, GivinItMyALL said:

Here's my main (stomach pull-through) incision's bruising. 20201107_162216.jpg

Auch... That looks pretty bad. But I think is normal. Some people bruise more.

Does it hurt a lot? My main does hurt a lot.

Sleeved Nov 2nd 2020. I pooped today! LOL. Small but effective. My incisions are healing nicely. Has anyone else noticed that hot liquids cause less gas and are easier to swallow?

13 minutes ago, SassyTigris said:

Sleeved Nov 2nd 2020. I pooped today! LOL. Small but effective. My incisions are healing nicely. Has anyone else noticed that hot liquids cause less gas and are easier to swallow?

Yes! I had some tea today and have felt great since. It was lemon ginger herbal

1 hour ago, tropico78 said:

Auch... That looks pretty bad. But I think is normal. Some people bruise more.

Does it hurt a lot? My main does hurt a lot.

Not a lot, no, but it's the most painful one. I haven't had taken any of my pain pills, either.

1 hour ago, SassyTigris said:

I pooped tonight! Was starting to get a little concerned. And yes on the hot liquids. So much better... I've had cream of chicken Soup (with the bits strained out, and some unflavored Protein Powder added) a few times today, and it was so so so much better than the shakes.

11 minutes ago, GivinItMyALL said:

I pooped tonight! Was starting to get a little concerned. And yes on the hot liquids. So much better... I've had cream of chicken Soup (with the bits strained out, and some unflavored Protein Powder added) a few times today, and it was so so so much better than the shakes.

What kind of unflavored Protein powder do you use? I am getting so sick of Premiere Protein. I have some of the clear Protein Drinks but the tropical fruit flavor is sickeningly sweet. It’s like drinking colonoscopy prep. And now my husband is eating a nutty piece of fruitcake. I think I’ll stick a fork in his eye! LOL.

1 hour ago, Neller said:

What kind of unflavored Protein Powder do you use? I am getting so sick of Premiere Protein. I have some of the clear Protein Drinks but the tropical fruit flavor is sickeningly sweet. It’s like drinking colonoscopy prep. And now my husband is eating a nutty piece of fruitcake. I think I’ll stick a fork in his eye! LOL.

Haha.... That is too funny.

My husband asked for Ben and Jerry's tonight. I said 'nope not today, your time to suffer'

😂

It is really hard to see my family eat all kind of Snacks and yummy foods. But it does not bother me too much.

My son asked if I could take them to McDonald's yesterday. A big NO for me. 😅

5 hours ago, Neller said:

What kind of unflavored Protein Powder do you use? I am getting so sick of Premiere Protein. I have some of the clear Protein Drinks but the tropical fruit flavor is sickeningly sweet. It’s like drinking colonoscopy prep. And now my husband is eating a nutty piece of fruitcake. I think I’ll stick a fork in his eye! LOL.

I know there seems to be a lot of controversy about the brand, but it was what my nutritionist recommended... I got a sample (on my own) pre-surgery, and it was great as far as not being able to taste it, so... I use GENEPRO. Pre-surgery, I tried it in some yogurt, and in just plain Water. Couldn't detect it in the yogurt at all, and could only marginally in the water (it might be undetectable if I added some Mio or something...) The Premier Protein is just all gross to me now, though I still slog through because I don't want to waste the ones I have.

6 hours ago, GivinItMyALL said:

I know there seems to be a lot of controversy about the brand, but it was what my nutritionist recommended... I got a sample (on my own) pre-surgery, and it was great as far as not being able to taste it, so... I use GENEPRO. Pre-surgery, I tried it in some yogurt, and in just plain Water. Couldn't detect it in the yogurt at all, and could only marginally in the Water (it might be undetectable if I added some Mio or something...) The Premier Protein is just all gross to me now, though I still slog through because I don't want to waste the ones I have.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. When I was pre-op, I could slug down Premiere without a problem but now, spreading it out over an hour or two it is just disgusting.

Hey everyone!

My surgery date is the 19th and I am quite anxious, but excited for the process to begin. I'm currently on the start of Day 4 of my Full liquid diet. Things have been going really well, so far....especially since I'm home 99% of the time. LoL

Here's to everyone of you in this thread experiencing a successful surgery and quick, easy recovery. 🙏🏾🤞🏾🙏🏾

- Steph